Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To accommodate new battery manufacturing equipment and R&D space (known as ROADRUNNER), the Project proposes to construct an additional floor area of approximately 21,485 square feet at the second floor (covering a portion of the central space that is open to the second floor roof – see Figure 4) and to add an additional, smaller approximately 8,260 square-foot third floor above (see Figure 5).
It is interesting that they are adding the 3rd floor to accommodate the RoadRunner equipment. Maybe it is some tall machine that is gravity fed materials from above. But also note in the recent GF1 satellite photos, it looks like they have removed a portion of the roof there also. Possibly to install similar equipment that is taller than the existing GF1 factory. So we may have 2 RoadRunner sites running by September. Can anyone find recent building permits for GF1?

I assume you mean 1000 battery packs per day...

We assume Roadrunner is a Maxwell process which we know takes less energy, less floor space and we assume fewer workers than more conventional cell making..

It is hard for us to guess the numbers, but they should be "mind blowing", 1000 packs per day from a facility of that size built in 3-6 months is "mind blowing".

Yes I meant 1000 battery packs per day.

My calculation is this 38 trucks a day, either raw material delivery or finished cells, but not a truck delivering raw material and the taking the finished cells away. About 15 trucks a day taking cells away, this allows for 23 trucks of deliveries, accounting for wastage in production. Class 8 trucks can carry a bit more than 10 tonnes, so about 150 tonnes of cells a day. Model 3 4,416 cells of 70 g each so about 300 kg. So 500 packs a day at the current energy density, assume a 2x improvement in energy density (perhaps a bit high?) to give 1000 packs per day.

So that is 28 GWh per year not far short of all the lines in Gigafactory 1, truly mind-blowing if correct.

I don't get to interact with the younger generation much.(20 year olds) But recently started going to a few sporty events that different age group participates in.

The change in my status into one of the coolest dude in the group upon learning that I drive a Tesla was immediate.

The future is already set in stone. The fight, the hate and the resistence in the present are just the old guards holding on for dear life.

I had felt and thought that we were up against the world, but turns out it is because the circle of ppl I was surrounded with are filled with the old guards.
Same with my Starbucks baristas. They know that red M3 when it pulls up. Order is waiting. God, those kids all want that car.

Broker: Binck (under Saxo Bank)

The platform I got pointed to is:
ABN AMRO Evoting

They call it a shareholder portal.

However, it seems this platform only lets me vote in shareholders meetings of companies supported by this platform. (Some big names as Philips, Shell, Coca-Cola) I don't see Tesla listed.

So I guess the consensus that EU shareholders are scammed regarding voting rights is correct o_O.

(I assume our EU brokers sell these voting rights in some way to entities wanting to have more voting power? I will enquire about this to try and uncover the mystery.)

EDIT: just sent an e-mail to my broker to ask about this. Will keep you posted @Lycanthrope .
Got a very unsatisfying reply from my broker: (DeepL translation)

Dear Mr. ................,

Thank you very much for your e-mail. We understand that you would like to be involved with the company Tesla and attend the AGM (annual general meeting). Unfortunately this is not possible, Binckbank cannot facilitate this for American companies.

If there are any further questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Sigh. This only answers 1/3 of my questions. This is the downside of having an online-only broker platform. It does what is has to for investing/trading, but nothing more.

Got a very unsatisfying reply from my broker: (DeepL translation)

Dear Mr. ................,

Thank you very much for your e-mail. We understand that you would like to be involved with the company Tesla and attend the AGM (annual general meeting). Unfortunately this is not possible, Binckbank cannot facilitate this for American companies.

If there are any further questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Sigh. This only answers 1/3 of my questions. This is the downside of having an online-only broker platform. It does what is has to for investing/trading, but nothing more.

Thanks for the feedback. I had the same discussion with KeyTrade over the years. Likewise with say.com linking to KeyTrade, all seems "impossible". Personally I think it's more a lack of willing than anything else...

Still, more power to us, we've got the shares at least.

Futures, pre-market a bit red... Project fear returning, but I don't see any appetite for lockdowns again, certainly not those that stifle the economy.

Reactions: FrankSG
Same with my Starbucks baristas. They know that red M3 when it pulls up. Order is waiting. God, those kids all want that car.

Not just young people. When I moved to my sleepy UK village of retirees, I was 'that guy who works with computers' until i got solar panels, then I was 'solar panels guy', and now I'm 'tesla guy'. I've spoken to maybe 5,6 different people in the village who really want one, all in their late fifties or sixties. Once Tesla get some more supercharger points installed in the UK, sales wwill go bananas.

China is not a democracy. They support Tesla because it helps them and probably will for several years. Sometime down the road priorities could be different. Tesla might not last long in China if they become out of favor.
FIFY: They support Tesla because it helps them and probably will for several decades.

They have not made an announcement as to when. However, my guess is either the 3rd after hours, to allow final numbers to come in from all the various locations, or AH on Monday for the same reason. I think the 2nd is too soon after EOQ.

Won't be the 3rd. That's the statutory holiday in lieu of the Forth of July, which falls on a weekend. So possible July 2nd, but I think more likely after the Holiday since they have to colate numbers from multiple continents now.

NASDAQ is also closed for trading on Jul 03, 2020:

Trading Calendar

Cheers!

Chanos on Tesla

Tesla segment starts at 06:10 if anybody cares about what this clown has to say; Not a tech company, no real technology, compares them to other auto manufacturers, demand problem everywhere except China, still short blah blah blah.

You might as well put this nonsense on a tape and replay every year. It’s like these guys refuse to evolve.

Tesla segment starts at 06:10 if anybody cares about what this clown has to say; Not a tech company, no real technology, compares them to other auto manufacturers, demand problem everywhere except China, still short blah blah blah.

You might as well put this nonsense on a tape and replay every year. It’s like these guys refuse to evolve.

His thesis is getting shaky

Won't be the 3rd. That's the statutory holiday in lieu of the Forth of July, which falls on a weekend. So possible July 2nd, but I think more likely after the Holiday since they have to colate numbers from multiple continents now.

NASDAQ is also closed for trading on Jul 03, 2020:

Trading Calendar

Cheers!

Haven't they managed it at the end of the second business day after the end of month most quarters since China started production? Unless I'm wrong about that I don't see what has changed in difficulty. Sure more datapoints adds risk that 'someone' will be late with their part of the numbers but are there really more datapoints than over the last year?

Either way it should be between after markets close July 2 and before they open July 6. So anyone trading options have a decision to make on July 2 at the latest.

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Haven't they managed it at the end of the second business day after the end of month most quarters since China started production? Unless I'm wrong about that I don't see what has changed in difficulty. Sure more datapoints adds risk that 'someone' will be late with their part of the numbers but are there really more datapoints than over the last year?

Yeah maybe July 2nd, as I mentioned. The Q1 2020 P&D Report was released on Apr 2nd. But the Forth of July weekend is typically taken off with a 4-day production pause at Tesla, so it remains to be seen if office / salaried staff will be working on July 2nd.

Either release date, the numbers will be the same... ;)

Cheers!

Reactions: capster
Chanos on Tesla

Did anybody else notice him shaking when talking Tesla. Not joking. As much as a delusional, arrogant, blowhard he is and should be imprisoned for making false statements to create a lack of confidence intended to destroy companies like Tesla and Fairfax, it's still sad to see someone in failing health. I'm willing to make an exception here though.

Chanos on Tesla

Wonder when this clueless bozo is going to admit he was wrong being short TSLA @ $150 (Feb'16) and $180 (Jun'19).

Will it be $2,000? Will it be $3,000? Will it be $5,000? Is he still going to be short when TSLA is a 5 digit stock?

I have a feeling he'll never admit to having been wrong, and that he will at some point just stop talking about it and act like it never happened.

As @Ipe point out, he's already back paddling on the "maximum" part.