Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would putting a deposit on a new car or Cybertruck today add to this quarter's income statement?

Edits:
Just man up (assuming Unca = uncle and Ned = Ned, if not then woman up) and buy 2 fully-loaded Model X's. C'mon, where is your loyalty?
First, don't make me report you for Doxing. Second, I can't buy those model X's right now because I'm saving for my Cybertrucks.;)

Last edited:
Is this finally capitulation from Dana?

"Despite plenty of doubters and some near-death experiences, Tesla’s $178 billion market valuation is second only to Toyota Motor Corp. among all carmakers.​
No, she's still pushing FUD. She cites Tesla's Market Cap based on TSLA shares outstanding, but then wordlessly includes Toyota's treasure shares at Market pricing (14% stock buy-backs) to compare apples to oranges.

Using the same metric, Market Cap (which specifically excludes treasury shares), Toyota was less valuable than Tesla last Friday when she wrote her article, on June 15 when the Bloomberg article she links was written, and of couse right now:

10:21AM EDT:

$174.022B TM / $180.75B TSLA = 96.28% TM / TSLA​

Toyota's Market Cap is only about 96% of Tesla's. Toyota is the World's 2nd most valuable Automaker by Market Cap.

EDIT: @Todd Burch thinks this is an innocent slip by an uniformed journalist (#173647). This is far from the case. This article is not some hot take, it's a planned release drafted well in advance of Tesla's 10th aniversary of its listing on the NASDAQ.

Further, this article will have undergone Editorial review and approval by Bloomberg.

This financial deception is deliberate, and calculated to take advantage of low-information readers, and devalue Tesla in the eyes of the Public. It's a big story the Tesla is now the World Most Valuable Automaker. Bloomberg tries to cleverly bury the led.

TL;dr Bloomberg sux.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Interesting that out of the money calls are fairly cheap this week. I usually sell covered calls every week, but am holding out for now and may buy Wednesday before the close, if prices stay cheap. Options do not seem to be pricing in a significant beat in deliveries. I do think the sell side people will be pushing the 73,000 delivery estimates up this week to make a beat harder, but a solid number like 87,000, would likely imply breakeven or profit and S&P inclusion.
I think Tesla will push out numbers on July 2nd and not July 3rd, which would allow shorts to redefine a win, while the market is closed.

Interesting that out of the money calls are fairly cheap this week. I usually sell covered calls every week, but am holding out for now and may buy Wednesday before the close, if prices stay cheap. Options do not seem to be pricing in a significant beat in deliveries. I do think the sell side people will be pushing the 73,000 delivery estimates up this week to make a beat harder, but a solid number like 87,000, would likely imply breakeven or profit and S&P inclusion.
I think Tesla will push out numbers on July 2nd and not July 3rd, which would allow shorts to redefine a win, while the market is closed.
The delivery report will most likely be sometime after market close July 2. This is a short week - the market is closed July 3. The delivery numbers will factor into the SP next week. Thus, option premiums are much higher for next week as a result.

Which ones are you looking at exactly?

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
The delivery report will most likely be sometime after market close July 2. This is a short week - the market is closed July 3. The delivery numbers will factor into the SP next week. Thus, option premiums are much higher for next week as a result.

I'll contribute $25 to a charity of your choice if they don't release on the 2nd, before markets close.

Low-volume MMD. Like... soon.
Lol, nicely sussed, 2 min in advance!

TSLA.2020-06-29.09-47.MMD.png

See, you're springing bear traps now. :D

Cheers!