Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK - I'm down for 25 to charity of your choice and $25 pz1975. Big bucks :)

I'm not joining this bet but I'm putting my weight behind a release of the numbers before market opens on July 2nd, if the numbers they're tallying up look like a strong beat. Though my own personal bias of not wanting Wall St to get any heads up, even after hours, is probably affecting my logic because I would love nothing more to see Wall St scrambling in real time. I would just sit on my couch, Tesla ticker in one corner of my TV, CNBC on the main screen, a bag of popcorn in one hand, and the other using my phone to scroll through posts here :D

Breaking News: TSLA latest news. - The Fly

'Bernstein analyst Toni Sacconaghi notes that earlier this month, he hosted a series of meetings with Martin Viecha, Tesla's Head of IR, who was notably bullish about Tesla's opportunity in Europe as he believes the Berlin factory could be the most profitable Tesla facility. The analyst also highlights that Viecha suggested that improvement in the manufacturing cost of its cars would likely dwarf improvements in battery price in the near to medium-term, and suggested that Tesla's very strong efficiency range advantage was principally due to its powertrain, including its in house built electric motors and inverters, and streamlined automotive design. Sacconaghi emerged from the discussions believing that the Tesla Semi rollout could be more modest and take longer than some investors might believe. He has a Market Perform rating and a $500 price target on the shares.'

Manufacturing cost declines dwarfing battery cost declines?!?

Also, regarding the somewhat negative comment on Tesla Semi, note that Sacconaghi talked to him in early June, likely before Elon decided to go 'all out' on Semis. That email was on June 10th.

I’m getting tired of of all the upward revisions to the TSLA P&D report. It’s time to tone down the expectations. Website coming up soon but here is my first FUD headline:

Breaking: Supply chain issues impacted Tesla Q2 production, insider sources tell us both the US and China plants were shutdown multiple times during the year. More details to follow....

Finally, after almost 2 weeks, I’m told that the Supercharger will be built at the NTU Xinhai Parking, on the northeast corner of campus. Construction should start later this month, per a trustworthy source in Taiwan. Still V3 View attachment 547224
The NTU Xinhai Supercharger is now open. 4 V3 stalls
B1517419-072F-4EFF-8982-3475B3498A1E.jpeg

Is it bad that I the the song, "Devil Went down to Georgia" in my head now? "I'll take that bet, yer gunna regret, 'cause I'm the best there's ever been!" [Fiddle plays]

In other news, kind of sad I missed the brief bear raid this morning, would have been nice to snag some low 900's for the EOQ. Ah well, if the numbers aren't what we're hoping, it'll be a discount sale until Q3! If not SP500 from Q2, very little doubt they'd not join in Q3!

I will probably load up on cheap weekly OTM calls and puts before close July 1 just in case they do announce the numbers before open July 2. The premiums show that the delivery numbers are expected next week so maybe I can catch the MMs with their pants down. Worst case is I lose some lunch money and you donate to my favorite charity.

Breaking: Supply chain issues impacted Tesla Q2 production, insider sources tell us both the US and China plants were shutdown multiple times during the year. More details to follow....

I'm loving the impact all this bad news is having on the share price! :cool:

Do you have any more bad news? :)

Well folks, been waiting for 5 years for this moment in time!!

$TSLA in the S&P!!!???? Hoping for a combo S&P Day/Bday present on the 2nd!!!

One small thing many forget, I believe I spoke to Robinhood years ago because of the lack of Tesla news on the App. I believe its because they report news for S&P 500 companies more than those who aren't in the index.
Not saying the FUD/News is anything but slanderous, but there is some free "Adverstising"

I will probably load up on cheap weekly OTM calls and puts before close July 1 just in case they do announce the numbers before open July 2. The premiums show that the delivery numbers are expected next week so maybe I can catch the MMs with their pants down. Worst case is I lose some lunch money and you donate to my favorite charity.

Think idea of cheap OTM calls and puts is funny. But I am with you!

• Funny
Reactions: saniflash and dc_h
Which ones are you looking at exactly?

Out of caution, I was looking at 1200 covered calls for 7/2 expiration. About 37 cents. 1100 were also cheap. I like to sell covered calls for about $2.00 a share, with less than a 5% chance of being hit. If Tesla does release good numbers on the morning of the 2nd, I think there could be a big bounce back up. I like to be humble about short term predictions, and would be ok selling puts to buy back in, I don't want to be surprised with a big 30% jump and lose out on a big run up.

Non-technical sidebar:
End of the Quarter and what is Elon up to? tweeting barbs, goofing about the CyberBoat. His email to the troops for an "all hands on deck" kind of push to the end was even given in a low stress message.
The Admiral knows where the boat is going before the crew, and Admiral Musk doesn't appear to be uneasy.

I've already posted how I feel if Tesla delivers in the very low 80k range then a profit will be getting us into the S&P 500. But I feel that is in the bag, and perhaps Elon is whipping the horse while looking back at the pack just to see if he can put up an even better statistic.
And oh hell yeah, this IS Stock market advice..from a moron.

S&P inclusion is not automatic and takes a little while for the committee to formally put them in right?

Yes, but if parameters are hit, then regardless of the lag time, TSLA will be in S and P 500. Index funds can ill afford to wait to load up as everyone will be piling in for the momentum run. I remember when Yahoo was added to the S and P, (yeah, I know, I know) and the action was ridiculous on the final day for the funds to buy.

TSLA shows a dollar profit for the Q and everyone knows what is going to happen. Funds are forced buyers in the end, and it would be very much like a short squeeze even without the shorts.

Is the goal here to drive Trend Trader away?

I hope not. I find his posts interesting. He probably wouldn’t have written what he did until he was asked. So then we get mad/jealous when he responds?

Who are we to judge him? If he’s happy and reaching his goals, great for him. I’m just glad he’s pro Tesla. That helps us all.

He’s free to post anyway he wants within forum rules. But it should never be forgotten this thread is first and foremost about INVESTING in Tesla/TSLA. On that topic he deserves all the criticism he gets considering;

a) his past exuberance cost naive people a lot of money (including himself, in which case he flounced off to lick his wounds and espouse a bunch of advice he couldn’t even follow himself)
b) his predictions are universally wrong most of the time, so unless you’re using him as a contra-indicator you’re better off flipping a coin
c) he changes his mind like a Chicago wind based on nothing more than out of control emotion

If that’s investing value added then give him a like and support him.

Secondarily, nothing wrong with correcting incorrect information like modern media perpetuating happiness. :rolleyes:

Interesting that out of the money calls are fairly cheap this week. I usually sell covered calls every week, but am holding out for now and may buy Wednesday before the close, if prices stay cheap. Options do not seem to be pricing in a significant beat in deliveries. I do think the sell side people will be pushing the 73,000 delivery estimates up this week to make a beat harder, but a solid number like 87,000, would likely imply breakeven or profit and S&P inclusion.
I think Tesla will push out numbers on July 2nd and not July 3rd, which would allow shorts to redefine a win, while the market is closed.
My personal opinion on selling the CC's is sit this one out for a few more weeks. There are landmines everywhere and just a few going off could cause a mini-explosion to the SP. Outside forces are the only potential diffusion of these devices (covid, macros, politics)and Elon has no control over these.
I can't recall a time when we've had a full chamber with the safety off.

Well folks, been waiting for 5 years for this moment in time!!

$TSLA in the S&P!!!???? Hoping for a combo S&P Day/Bday present on the 2nd!!!

One small thing many forget, I believe I spoke to Robinhood years ago because of the lack of Tesla news on the App. I believe its because they report news for S&P 500 companies more than those who aren't in the index.
Not saying the FUD/News is anything but slanderous, but there is some free "Adverstising"

How could you comment on Robinhood years ago when you started your account in May? Did you have a prior account?