Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Barron's - half hour ago: Tesla’s Deliveries Were a ‘Home Run.’ Here’s What Wall Street Is Saying.

Excerpts:

It’s no surprise that Wall Street is impressed. The electric-vehicle pioneer not only continues to defy bearish projections about its performance, it is doing better than the most enthusiastic analysts had predicted.

“Musk & Co. hit a home run,” wrote Wedbush analyst Dan Ives in a Thursday research report. “A 90,000 delivery number in this Covid lock down environment is a jaw dropper and the bulls will run with this as a potential paradigm changer moving ahead.”

Of course it’s not just the NYT. It kills me to be so pessimistic about journalism these days.

Eventually, out of the ashes, a new kind of journalism will emerge. Perhaps global nonprofits dedicated to impartiality, and courageous reporting that bucks the Twittersphere trends.

Until then, forums like this are essential to disseminate helpful information.

Yes, if I'm busy and can't get around to anything else in a day, I always come here and read every post--best Tesla news out there

Market cap is just one of three factors. Revenue and Ebitda also have to reach certain milestones: $35 and $3 billion for the second tranche and $55 and $4.5 billion for the third one. So not there yet.
Not quite: each trache requires one additional item from the adjusted EBITDA or Revenue lists. So 35 billion in revenue and 3 billion in EBITDA unlocks 4 award levels (1 used already) since the $1.5 in revenue and $20 in EBIT metrics would also be satisfied. This would cover up to and including 250 billion market cap.
https://ir.tesla.com/static-files/55362f0a-ee8a-4fcc-ba11-cc09194974b6

Similar story here. First the car 12/18, then TMC 3/19, then this thread 4/19, then first TSLA 5/19 (I know, dumb luck timing), continuous TSLA buys through this week. Feel good about retiring a second time (in about a year), with lifetime vacations secured.

Yeah, that's the craziest thing, just dumb luck.

I bought my 3 last year when so many Tesla headlines were negative, the stock was falling, and they just couldn't seem to catch a break. I thought to myself, "Screw it, I know I don't need a car, but this green company needs all the help it can get and has done more to make environmentalism sexy than any other company out there."

So I pulled the trigger, fell in love with the car, put 100% of my savings into Tesla this January when the stock was taking off, and the rest is history. Just dumb luck. I still can't believe it.

And I truly feel there's no stopping this train now, like it's just now getting started.

While TSLA is celebrating with new milestones, don't forget about the pain of our comrade :)

upload_2020-7-2_10-39-49.png

Yeah, that's the craziest thing, just dumb luck.

I bought my 3 last year when so many Tesla headlines were negative, the stock was falling, and they just couldn't seem to catch a break. I thought to myself, "Screw it, I know I don't need a car, but this green company needs all the help it can get and has done more to make environmentalism sexy than any other company out there."

So I pulled the trigger, fell in love with the car, put 100% of my savings into Tesla this January when the stock was taking off, and the rest is history. Just dumb luck. I still can't believe it.

And I truly feel there's no stopping this train now, like it's just now getting started.

I bought shares with "play" money a year before buying the 3. Got so passionate about the company because of the car I moved up to "I'm not joking money".

Perhaps someone here can tweet this hot-off-the-press Barron's article to Dana Hull......?

Tesla Stock Looks Like It’s Joining the S&P 500. Here’s How to Calculate the Impact.

By
Al Root
Updated July 2, 2020 11:31 am ET / Original July 2, 2020 7:00 am ET

........................"Investors are acting, however, like inclusion is a fait accompli. Shares are up about 36% over the past month. Gains have pushed Tesla past Toyota Motor (TM), making Elon Musk’s company the most valuable car company on earth."

Tesla Stock Looks Like It’s Joining the S&P 500. Here’s How to Calculate the Impact.

Yup. I had a minor position and did well in tesla from 2016-2017 (well for me at the time, not like this). After taking delivery in August 18 the next day I put a huge chunk of money in. Then more, then more, and kept doing that as it went down. I did start to sweat when we are dipping into low 200s but I didn't see any change in the thesis. And now ;)

Market cap is just one of three factors. Revenue and Ebitda also have to reach certain milestones: $35 and $3 billion for the second tranche and $55 and $4.5 billion for the third one. So not there yet.

And early on, here I was thinking it'd be the market cap milestones that would be the gating factor. I would like to see Elon get more of the market cap criteria satisfied, and have the business catch up later :)

Yup. I had a minor position and did well in tesla from 2016-2017 (well for me at the time, not like this). After taking delivery in August 18 the next day I put a huge chunk of money in. Then more, then more, and kept doing that as it went down. I did start to sweat when we are dipping into low 200s but I didn't see any change in the thesis. And now ;)

And now - you're brilliant!