Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know this volatility is just TSLA being TSLA, and Macro related, but gaining and then losing huge amounts of money in a day takes the wind out of one's sails.... Today is my 24th wedding anniversary and I'm having a hard time getting off the computer when I should be laughing it up with the greatest wife ever.... :(

I know this volatility is just TSLA being TSLA, and Macro related, but gaining and then losing huge amounts of money in a day takes the wind out of one's sails.... Today is my 24th wedding anniversary and I'm having a hard time getting off the computer when I should be laughing it up with the greatest wife ever.... :(

Dude. If you’re down a decent amount it means you’re up a crazy amount. All good. Go play with your better half and happy anniversary! :)

Sitting at the computer staring at AH action won't change anything....shut it off until next Wednesday. :) Go online and buy your wife something special...(NOT SHORT SHORTS) :)

Boy am I good at trying to trade tops!

As in, I am not really good. When I finally FOMO and say 'what the hell I can afford to lose it', it most certainly is time for you to load up on the puts! Will let you know next time!

I am of the opinion that this 2PM margin call thing is not a thing anymore. Guess internet and instant comms has done away with it entirely. Any margin calls that happened today were in the first few minutes of trading.

Are we really back to Friday?:eek:

What is today’s market action , the start , or the finishView attachment 564225

Tough call as usual with this market.

Sure looked like a nasty intra day reversal from a blow out high with a negative finish to me. And I am not talking about TSLA either.

You would think short to medium term would be very bearish, especially if market suddenly decides to pay attention to macros.

Or maybe it will be one of those 20 minute bear markets.

I think my best bet is to wait for cheap TSLA, if it comes, and buy for the long term.

• Informative
Reactions: UkNorthampton
Page 9000, how long until that is the share price ;-)

giphy (4).gif

That's why people lose so much money "investing", we're humans with feelings. Not helpful!

That's why the #2 best investors on the Fidelity platform are people who forgot they had and account....and the #1 performers are dead.

As long as it is not for belt-tightening. :eek: We fat cats don't like that.

There are a lot of different ways to wear a belt. Here I am this morning going on a little TSLA ride.

FDFD53DE-9ABE-44C5-8F9F-56CB20C8200D.jpeg

Adding: I’ll be changing the avatar shortly; reminds me a bit too much of a certain poster boasting about their pocketbook. :confused: Let’s see if I can find something a bit more downtrodden.

Edit: There, that’s better.

Last edited:
Looks like I am still not very good at manage anxiety yet.
I bought NIO at $15.55 220 shares, TSLA at $1496 10 share ... which is less than 3% of my existing share at much lower price. Besides, I am just switching from MSFT to the two; I am not even using my living expense money.

Still when I see the lowering AH price, I feel quite bad and cannot focus on work. Especially when the Feb 4 nightmare coming back, and today is actually worse than that day.

I bought NIO at $15.55 220 shares, TSLA at $1496 10 share ... which is less than 3% of my existing share at much lower price. Besides, I am just switching from MSFT to the two; I am not even using my living expense money.

Still when I see the lowering AH price, I feel quite bad and cannot focus on work. Especially when the Feb 4 nightmare coming back, and today is actually worse than that day.

Hang in there. If you cannot get Zen about it and realize how useless money can be in the end I recommend laying off the trading. It can be like a drug where you only feel normal when you make money but are driven to despair when you lose.

Piper Sandler Raises TSLA Price Target to $2,322

"In our view, Tesla is the most consequential company in the mobility ecosystem, and this is unlikely to change in the next decade. We are increasing our price target to $2,322 after adjusting our DCF model to reflect faster-than-expected share gains and, more importantly, a detailed analysis of Tesla's software opportunity." - Alex Potter

So, what do you want from us?