Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Both those statements are wrong. Pollution causes more permanent harm then a solar farm. Solar is best on roofs and parking lots, and mixed with specific types of farming, but the damage from a desert solar field is less then the damage caused by a coal plant, the coal plant just does lower (per square foot) damage over a massive area so the damage is harder to see.
Getting off topic but,
'Pollution causes more permanent harm than a solar farm'- have to agree to disagree on this.
I am not advocating for coal plants, I'm saying I would rather see a coal plant converted to a battery plant than creating a solar farm in the desert, which was the proposition.

Reactions: davecolene0606
Here's why...

I've mentioned this before, but I have a friend in the industry who says that a lot of analysts are basically marketers for their firm. Sell and buy recommendations are often just marketing tools to curry favor with companies they want to do business with. A buy recommendation is a way to curry favor with a company that you want to do business with in future, and a sell recommendation is a way to curry favor with their competitors.

For that reason, I don't take most analyst recommendations seriously.

Inside the Tesla Gigafactory | Super Factories

Only the first 10 mins are Tesla related

Looking forward to it, but I had to pause 2 min in because so far they are... not knocking it out of the park.

"Tesla sells over 500,000 vehicles/year!" (You're a few months ahead of the game on that one, narrator)
"Their best seller is the Model 3!" (As b-roll of the S and X go by)
"The M3..." (No, that's a BMW product...)

Hate to repeat myself...but Hello MMD...every freaking day around 10am

TSLA is a great investment to hold.

and

TSLA is a great stock to trade.

tenor.gif

Here's today's big push down
Hate to repeat myself...but Hello MMD...every freaking day around 10am

A pretty poor effort today, methinks - we've actually dipped less than yesterday, so not many people wanting to sell by the looks of it.

This time next week can't come soon enough, one way or the other...

I've mentioned this before, but I have a friend in the industry who says that a lot of analysts are basically marketers for their firm. Sell and buy recommendations are often just marketing tools to curry favor with companies they want to do business with. A buy recommendation is a way to curry favor with a company that you want to do business with in future, and a sell recommendation is a way to curry favor with their competitors.

If an analyst earns a high tiprank ranking he may deserve some respect. However, the low rank ones do not. Most of the low ball estimates for TSLA are from the ones you describe.

About 6 months back, I asked if it was normal for me to be wary about investing all of my mother's money on Tesla. Today all of her money is in TSLA. It helped that the earlier shares appreciated so much that putting more in became less stressful. I've tripled her money in about 7 months. She never made so much money in her life.

Last edited:

A pretty poor effort today, methinks - we've actually dipped less than yesterday, so not many people wanting to sell by the looks of it.

The real question should be what are we going to do until next Wednesday :) . Barring no major news, I think they will continue to try manipulate this tomorrow imo. Tomorrow might present a good opportunity for options traders.

If you are looking for lottos I think waiting until the day of the earnings is probably the best time. Not advice but this is based on my experience with previous P&D, earnings reports.

This is partially true but the fact is most analysts are just not good at what they do. Some should be toll booth collectors; others parking lot attendants.

I think the MM's are just sitting and grinning. Their work was done for them by the TWTR event, and the macros.
I imagine the MM's are very happy that they had to expend so little of their resources to get the stock EXACTLY where they planned to have it on this day. It might even be better than they thought they would do today, which gives them more energy to handle tomorrow.

The real question should be what are we going to do until next Wednesday :) . Barring no major news, I think they will continue to try manipulate this tomorrow imo. Tomorrow might present a good opportunity for options traders.

If you are looking for lottos I think waiting until the day of the earnings is probably the best time. Not advice but this is based on my experience with previous P&D, earnings reports.

Well I can't actually blow any more cash right now because although I've $75k in the account, it's reserved against this 24/7 p1310, which is just refusing to make it worth my while to close. Yesterday time-value started to eat away at it, but today's nonsense put it right back up again.

The IV is nuts for the moment.

On the other hand, I'm quite leveraged with calls and LEAPS already, probably a good idea to keep that cash where it is as a safety-net.

Why else would they give insights away for free? Here is a cookie. Like it? Come in and buy a pack.

(Could perhaps use quotes around insights :p)

• Funny
Reactions: capster