Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's a secondary?

These are TSLA's most recent secondary offerings of stock to the public ('secondary' means any offering after the IPO) from the 10-Q filed today with the Shortseller Enrichment Commission: :p

upload_2020-7-28_6-27-24.png

upload_2020-7-28_6-29-40.png

It just reminded me we were at $243(!) as recently as May 2019, only 14 months ago! :D

Last edited:
way OT ....I have never had a problem for 3.5 years and 50 K miles reading the MS display... i have never driven a M3 so i cant comment on your other points...

You should try one. I much prefer the overall feeling of the Model 3 to the S. If you don't have a problem with the small display behind the wheel I would guess you're not 6'-04" tall. To me, "luxury" means it doesn't feel cramped. By this metric, the Model 3 is more "luxurious".

I pray this is a 30 second clock. Please. Please. Please. I can not take several days or even an entire week of ‘When TSLA going to be added to S&P?’ Nope. Can’t do it, even with alcohol.
I believe we will see a formal announcement of inclusion (or lack thereoff or some exception or partially weighted entry or other rigamarole) by the end of next week.

Yep, that is exactly what I wrote:

Saying there is no impact is factually incorrect and IMO worth correcting.

Repeating what I wrote while not adding anything other than minimizing the inaccuracy is true non value add.

An example of a truly trivial comment is:

The mid-bb is the 20 day trailing average.

I’m loading the dueling pistols. Whenever you’re ready!

• Funny
Reactions: LN1_Casey
I believe we will see a formal announcement of inclusion (or lack thereoff or some exception or partially weighted entry or other rigamarole) by the end of next week.

My gut feeling is we will learn something from the Secret S&P 500 "Zoom" Committee by Friday so I can relax this weekend (and enjoy my birthday if that's even possible during this horrible pandemic) without wondering what's taking them so long. They should have already started discussing what to do with the new elephant in the room after a Q2 profit was announced last week.

Anyway, TSLA hit $968.99 intraday on my wife's birthday. Then started rocketing up to hit $1,794.99 right before my son's USA fireworks birthday. Therefore, I have high expectations this week in the lead-up to my birthday, too! :cool:

[now I'm going to buy some Beyond Meat!]

Last edited:
Your currency gain prediction was likely correct. Other Income (Expense) was a loss due to Interest Rate Swaps and positive currency fluctuations offset this loss.

Other expense, net, changed favorably by $26 million, in the three months ended June 30, 2020 as compared to the three months ended June 30, 2019. The change was primarily due to a decrease in losses from interest rate swaps related to our debt facilities year-over-year and favorable fluctuations in foreign currency exchange rates compared to the three months ended June 30, 2019

Scintillating I tell, ya! Just gives me chills.

way OT ....I have never had a problem for 3.5 years and 50 K miles reading the MS display... i have never driven a M3 so i cant comment on your other points...and my next sedan is a plaid MS ... because it is just way cooler looking :D

Then you are the perfect human specimen for the vehicle design.

Look, it’s well known that in ANY vehicle there will be people who just fit the vehicle ideally; can see the entire console, have max vision through all windows, lots of legroom and armroom and headroom. And, surprise!!! People who won’t.

The location of the dash display behind an object is and always has been; not the brightest idea regardless if you perfectly fit your vehicle or not.

Last edited: