Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla knows that a stock split will increase the share price over the next 3 weeks. Culminating in more buying pressure once the split is complete and the stock price is trading in the 300-400 level.

As other's have pointed out, as the share price increases, the worse it is for the S&P. Could be Tesla's way of saying do the inclusion now or wait until your Sept meeting and do inclusion at a much higher share price.

I guess I’m only slightly convinced that S&P really cares what the price is when they do the inclusion, or that they missed huge gains. They’re probably more concerned with the destabilization involved in dumping billions worth of other stocks to make room. And I suppose that worsens as Tesla’s market cap increases.

I guess I just don’t have a clear handle on what exactly would be primary motivators and incentives for the committee.

Another possible reason, probably unlikely though, for this is that there should be a record date announced soon for the 9/22 annual meeting and vote and shares are being recalled. Last time they announced it after the record date so people that had loaned shares had no way to vote. (Of course they could do that again...) But any day now we should see the announcement and get the proxy materials to vote.

I don't recall anything important being up for vote, mainly just some silly stock-holder proposals.

Last edited:
$2k to $79k? I love $TSLA and all...but *sugar*....$77k return on $2k? I would have been gone and running naked down the street screaming "I LOVE ELON!!"

Some of us got into Jan 2021 $650 calls for $1. Personally picked up 10 contracts that cost $1,000 total. Ended up selling for about $150k profit...had I held on, could sell it today for over $900k...

Last edited:
So I guess we can look forward to a bunch of headlines like:
AJ lowers TSLA prediction from $1,200 to $240. :rolleyes:

At least it is happening around the same time as AAPL so people know about splits.
'so people know about splits'...... According to what's been posted in this thread about splits, that apparently does not apply to us :) :)

This is the small time hedge fund short seller guy funding Martin Tripp.

Martin Tripp has a series of rambling videos up on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0qdRyOmbezjGXMOmHQylYQ

Shot in selfie mode on a phone in the middle of a bee hive farm (in Hungary).

I couldn't get through more than a few minutes of the first video, fast-forwarded, then picked a couple of others to sample - all the same and there doesn't appear to be any sort of focused point.

upload_2020-8-12_12-18-39.png

$2k to $79k? I love $TSLA and all...but *sugar*....$77k return on $2k? I would have been gone and running naked down the street screaming "I LOVE ELON!!"

I should have.. but the burst to 79k lasted 10 minutes after which it was "only" 39k.. so.. greed.. :-/

oh, I forgot. Did cash out $10k.. so do have some secured.

Last edited:
In any case, personal trading accounts are not taxed in Belgium, or are dividends an exception?
Not taxed on gains from selling stock at higher price than you bought it. If you own a dividend stock (for example Proximus) you are taxed 30% on the dividend you receive. You don't have to enter this in your tax forms, since the broker automatically witholds the 30% (they only pay you 70% in your account) and it is the broker that informs the the government of your dividend income (and the payed tax).

Source: I've held dividend stock in Belgium.

• Informative
Reactions: Tslynk67
Martin Tripp has a series of rambling videos up on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0qdRyOmbezjGXMOmHQylYQ

Shot in selfie mode on a phone in the middle of a bee hive farm (in Hungary).

I couldn't get through more than a few minutes of the first video, fast-forwarded, then picked a couple of others to sample - all the same and there doesn't appear to be any sort of focused point.
The guy's fractured. I don't like how he seems anti-Tesla. The guy is just a broken person. He isn't even an ant in an ant farm. He sees the world as completely broken. I have a hard time with it as well. He rambles on about people on his street not having indoor plumbing like it is a world problem instead of a personal problem.
PS It is odd how I refer to feeling like I am in an ant farm while inside this forum and he is sitting in an apiary.

• Funny
Reactions: Lessmog