Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m not normally one for schadenfreude, but with this guy I clearly remember him tweeting about going out for dinner with some fellow shorts to celebrate Tesla failing during the dip last year. Eff him.

Imagine celebrating someone else’s failure - what sort of person does that? We should focus on the positives, the world is actually full of great things. I hate the entire concept of shorting — hoping and betting someone trying to build something that they’re excited about will fail.
While I would tend to agree with this sentiment, when the day comes, and we see the failure and collapse of the oil & gas industries, I will most definitely be celebrating. ;)

I’m not normally one for schadenfreude, but with this guy I clearly remember him tweeting about going out for dinner with some fellow shorts to celebrate Tesla failing during the dip last year. Eff him.

Imagine celebrating someone else’s failure - what sort of person does that? We should focus on the positives, the world is actually full of great things. I hate the entire concept of shorting — hoping and betting someone trying to build something that they’re excited about will fail.
This.
The idea of celebrating someone’s failure just doesn’t feel right. I cannot bring myself to do that even with that slime ball who shall not be named.

Pretty sure this is fake, and that it's someone making fun of him. Honestly, whoever is doing it should be careful... I don't think it was a very good idea. Take a look at the asking price for it:

View attachment 575750
Ha! I looked at the price and thought "that's too high to be real" without noticing the actual numbers. I had already edited my post to say that I was posting for humor, that it might be a hoax.

This.
The idea of celebrating someone’s failure just doesn’t feel right. I cannot bring myself to do that even with that slime ball who shall not be named.

You seem like a very nice person.

I'm an a-hole, so I disagreed. He's a slimeball and I for one am celebrating his failure. He reaps what he sows. Allow me to raise a toast!

I was hoping it would be larger to get it down to about $100.

I'm honestly wondering if a 5:1 split was not enough...maybe a 7 or 8:1 split would have been better. After the split, TSLA will already be more per share than FB and well on its way toward the per-share cost of AAPL & NFLX.

Climbing from $100 would have been a fun ride, but there is also good retail investor psychology in pricing shares near the cost of a Model 3 monthly payment. (Not that the SP will stay there for long.)

Buying stock every month to save up for your dream car, while also supporting a company you love, is a pleasant way to “stretch” into TSLA, and a Tesla.

New hit piece from Business Insider (including Linette Lopez, of course).

12. A Wrench in Tesla

Podcast and transcript. Some gems, for instance:

and

And then a whole section on Rich Rebuilds (Rich Renoit) with commentary from an anonymous Tesla employee they call Wendy to protect her identity.

This seems to be an old podcast whose transcripts has been released now en mass. This is the twitter thread Linette is referring to :p

https://twitter.com/s_padival/status/1014800225788018688?s=21

Needless to say, she leaves out some important bits.. like how flawed her reporting on the brake test was :rolleyes:

I'm an a-hole, so I disagreed. He's a slimeball and I for one am celebrating his failure. He reaps what he sows. Allow me to raise a toast!

I'm a nice person. But I can still celebrate the failure of evil. Yes, I'm going to make a value judgement here and say that death, suffering, pollution, sickness, extinction, and degradation of humankinds only home are all evil things.

So I'm celebrating the failure of concentrated evil right along with you. Sometimes it becomes necessary to take a stand in the name of protecting things you cherish. Cheers!

You're probably not an a-hole, I feel the same as you, believe in natural justice. The tosser deserves to fail utterly and be miserable for what he's done. Just think of all the lives he's ruined of those who couldn't see through his nasty BS!

06c2d558f2549fa6074a5d312b3a2d68.png
Then why aren't the record date and distribution date on consecutive business days?

Reactions: charlesgres