Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Listened to a guy who has been investing for a while and losing a lot of money but he wasn’t telling me he was -40%, and he convinced to sell at $1150 because he said not to be greedy.

I lost 200 grands listening to his advice

It wasn't the listening to his advice that caused the loss - it was the acting upon it!;)

I think June 2019 was the best risk / reward play in Tesla's history. But I did not quite have the balls to buy more. Already had 100% in unless I dug around and added more to my investment accounts.

(My first post in here.) I'm so glad a (a bit proud)t I bought me very first shares of anything - 5 TSLAs on 16th of May, 2019. :) I already had a little investments in sustainable funds. At the moment I have sold all the other funds and I'm investing 100 % TSLA.

If we believe the S&P committee wishes to keep the impact from inclusion as minimal as possible they have probably missed that opportunity. Dumb dumbs.
Also, he’s putting words in Elon’s mouth that Elon never said. Tesla stock price is overvalued? Elon never said that, he said Tesla stock price is too high, and by that he meant too high for the small retail investor to buy. And, is fixing it with a 5:1 stock split.
He didn't mean that at all IMO.

I find it always difficult psychologically after having bought TSLA shares at $180, $305, $805, $1550, to buy more... at $1785?

I guess that is the road to success
This ^ is exactly why the 5:1 split is powering the stock. Psychology. I thought I would never pay over $1000 a share and I too bought another 23 shares today at open. Why? After the stock split TSLA will be in the $360 range. Yes, investors will feel better about buying at this level. So, $1,000, $1,800, $360, it does not matter when you get in TSLA, it is that you get in TSLA. Yes, of course nothing has changed and yet everything has changed. And if you believe this will be the only stock split for TSLA you will be mistaken, most definitely mistaken.

Incredible days for all of us long term holders that own stock (never sold one) and the future looks nice.

The Tesla story is still in the early days of unfolding and although we may see volatility, long term I expect much more to come.

Hard to say where the next leg up will bring us to but lean back and enjoy.

If you feel you are rich never forget how everything started, stay modest and do something good.

Glory days
Does posting memes all day long on this board count as doing good? :p

I believe Battery Day

Got it. Thanks for clarifying!

Would be great to see an all out blitz from tesla on multiple product fronts....mainly because it would mean they're much closer to mass production of the new batteries than we think they are.

But I'm seriously keeping my expectations in check. I'm expecting updated S or at least Plaid S. Would be great to the final production version of the Semi with any updated specs

This ^ is exactly why the 5:1 split is powering the stock. Psychology. I thought I would never pay over $1000 a share and I too bought another 23 shares today at open. Why? After the stock split TSLA will be in the $360 range. Yes, investors will feel better about buying at this level. So, $1,000, $1,800, $360, it does not matter when you get in TSLA, it is that you get in TSLA. Yes, of course nothing has changed and yet everything has changed. And if you believe this will be the only stock split for TSLA you will be mistaken, most definitely mistaken.

This plus a steady and frequent cadence of good news.

If we believe the S&P committee wishes to keep the impact from inclusion as minimal as possible they have probably missed that opportunity. Dumb dumbs.

He didn't mean that at all IMO.

I won’t debate what he meant. I will point out that he tweeted that the stock price was too high at 8:11 am PST on 5/1/2020.

A 5 from 1 split was announced on August 11th. Coincidence? This is Elon we’re talking about...

$1700 should be the new $1600, $1500, $1400....eh...you get the drift :)
Barring any negative macros this week...maybe we'll be able to hit $1900 - $2000 pre split? and then $1000 post split eventually. You get an island...you get an island...

4br8bk.jpg

Not saying this person doesn't know something, but nothing in that tweet is that surprising...

But still exciting to see a supposed insider hinting at some new stuff.
Refresh is expected. New vehicles, well we know they are more or less going to be building vans/shuttles to support boring co. I'd pay cash today for a Tesla sprinter Van myself. A small model 2 type car is also inevitable.

As Elon said, "we are going to do all the obvious stuff". It's the less than obvious things I'm wondering about.

Last edited: