Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do not disagree with Elon's statements, there are no difference of opinion. I disagree with those who place words in his mouth like 400 or 500 Wh/kg is sufficient for supersonic transcontinental eVTOL. He never said that, he was referring to "normal" electric aircraft.

Honestly, it's hard to avoid a debater's argument with you, because you are doing exactly what you say that others are wrongly doing: putting words in Musk's mouth.

But I get it. Your calculations say that supersonic travel is 3x (or whatever) energy-intense versus subsonic travel. So you infer what he must have meant.

Yah, new intraday ATH!

upload_2020-8-17_18-27-30.png

Buying in at IPO was a truly incredible decision. I wish I had been an investor back then. 100 bagger is insane. Heck, I'm at a 6 bagger and that has been life changing.

It would have been awesome to 100x. But there is no way I would have put as much money in then as I did in 2018/2019 either. So I'm not sure if the risk/reward was better at IPO than June 2019.

What's that? Tesla to buy UPS? :eek:

You have to give him kudos for thinking out of the box to find billions of additional market cap for Tesla to justify these ridiculous valuations ... but what I don’t understand, why not first think inside the box :D

Also, he’s putting words in Elon’s mouth that Elon never said. Tesla stock price is overvalued? Elon never said that, he said Tesla stock price is too high, and by that he meant too high for the small retail investor to buy. And, is fixing it with a 5:1 stock split.

Last edited:
It would have been awesome to 100x. But there is no way I would have put as much money in then as I did in 2018/2019 either. So I'm not sure if the risk/reward was better at IPO than June 2019.

I think June 2019 was the best risk / reward play in Tesla's history. But I did not quite have the balls to buy more. Already had 100% in unless I dug around and added more to my investment accounts.

I think June 2019 was the best risk / reward play in Tesla's history. But I did not quite have the balls to buy more. Already had 100% in unless I dug around and added more to my investment accounts.
Hindsight is 20/20 my guy. Don't beat yourself up - 100% is more than sufficiently bullish for any sane person. Problem is, this board is not full of sane ppl.