Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you still get Bioweapon Defense Mode? When I go to configure I don't see that option (although it looks like they all come with "HEPA" air filtration).

Standard equipment. On Model S &X, incoming air goes through the HEPA filter all the time regardless of whether or not Bioweapon Defense Mode is active. Like a clean room, BDM sets the fan speed to 8 and disables recirculation (if memory serves) to keep the cabin pressurized enough to prevent outside air from leaking in elsewhere. Recirculation mode does not use the HEPA filter, so it’s important to keep the system in fresh air mode in polluted environments.

CA Gov Newsom just did a press conference on the CA fires, and thanked Tesla explicitly for some help they directly provided.

https://twitter.com/CAgovernor/status/1296159873671917569

( about 19:20 in ).

Gov. Newsom said the critical hours to conserve electricity are between 2pm and 9 pm. I understand the air conditioner peak use thing but am shocked that California doesn't have enough enough solar panels to cover A/C use (at least between 2pm and 6pm.) during mostly sunny summer days. This suggests the electrical utilities haven't installed enough solar to help keep the rates low for rate-payers. And rooftop solar should be helping out a lot here but maybe not enough homes have it.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1296149485555339264?s=21
5A879AE1-148C-48D2-B088-F2799D45DD5A.jpeg

Damn Yankee.
Get it together Elon. If you want to center Tesla and SpaceX ops in Texas, here are a few tips:
  • Tommy Bahama is your friend.
  • Cargo shorts are functional as well as comfortable.
  • Flip-flops are not your only option. Tevas rock.
  • “Dog Mode” 24/7.
  • Ceiling fans have no off switch.
  • Tile floors. Everywhere. Inside and out.
  • Pool bars are where it’s at. Work out. There are no secrets.
  • For God’s sake, get the Teslaquila into production. Quality margaritas are the best remedy for heat and humidity

After-action Report: Wed, Aug 19, 2020: (Full-Day's Trading)

Headline: "TSLA Outperforms Macros Until 2:00 pm..."

Traded: $23,030,944,018.95 ($23.03 B)
Volume: 12,215,482
VWAP: $1,885.39

Closing SP / VWAP: 99.62%
(TSLA closed BELOW today's Avg SP)
Mkt Cap: TSLA / TM = $350.087B / $188.064B = 186.15%​

TSLA 1-mth Moving Avg Market Cap: $289.50B
TSLA 6-mth Moving Avg Market Cap: $177.38B
Nota Bene: Mkt Cap on pace to unlock CEO comp. 3rd tranche Sep 09, 2020

'Short' Report:

FINRA Volume / Total NASDAQ Vol = 47.0% (47th Percentile rank FINRA Reporting)
FINRA Short/Total Volume = 42.9% (45th Percentile rank Shorting)
FINRA Short Exempt Volume was 2.63% of Short Volume (63rd Percentile Rank)
Note: Largest naked shorting % for a "non-Uptick Rule" day since Jan 31, 2020​

TSLA - SUMMARY TABLE - 2020-08-19.png

Comment: "...then -2x Macros after FED meeting minutes released (leaked)"

View all Lodger's After-Action Reports

Cheers!

Received this email from Tesla today. Planning a cross country road trip in the near future. Just one thing that sets Tesla apart from the rest.

Tesla Trans-Canada Supercharger Route Now Open

1156d219-dcd3-42b8-8c08-269c2c83e84c.png

Since 2012, we’ve installed more than 18,000 Superchargers globally. With the Trans-Canada Supercharging route now open, every owner has the freedom to charge from Vancouver to Halifax—including more than 50 new charging options at Parks Canada locations.
The epic coast-to-coast route includes mostly V3 Supercharger Stations, which can add up to 290 km of range in 15 minutes of charging. Simply add a destination with Trip Planner and your car will automatically suggest Supercharger stops and estimated arrival times, with popular destinations and amenities along the way.
FIND US

FYI, Apple just hit 2T market cap. :eek: They were first to hit 1T, back in October 2019.
There are many things, however IMO this ^ is why the markets let off some steam in the afternoon. AAPL @ $2T is a sign of a very frothy market. Still very long TSLA, just saying likely some steam will continue to come out of the market for the rest of this week.

Atlas Shrugged will become reality then.
OT
"Who is John Galt?"
A scary thought is that people that make the new "stuff" that people are willing to pay for will later be demonized or not know how much they will owe for producing that stuff.
Most of the folks on this site used their hard work and intellect to save some extra stuff to invest in something they believed in and many thought would make them a couple of bucks.
From what I am reading here it sounds like many have hung in there and are doing well.
My simple view of all this is that no one is under any compulsion to give a dollar to a company like Tesla and they do so because they receive something of value in excess of that dollar.
Just my opinion, I will shut up now....

TSLA Options total open interest

I used to be able to find total TSLA options open interest on MarketChameleon, but I can't find it there any more. Does anyone have another site that displays this info? Much thanks!

I've used this in the past, but the most recent data is from July 29th. Not sure if this is useful to you.

EDIT: Just noticed I forgot to add the link :p

High Open Interest By Stock

@Papafox

Last edited:
Yes, this is being completely ignored on this board. Let's look at yesterday's early trading (before market open, but esp. before 7:00 am when ONLY the big players can trade):

Tue, Aug 18, 2020 TSLA Pre-market:

View attachment 578124

Notice how there was a strong steady climb until 07:00 am? It's like there was buying interest among only the biggest players. And heavy volume (record?) with over 511K shares traded by 08:00 a.m. and JUSK LOOK at the avg selling price (VWAP): $1,930.00 This is a HEAVY premium being paid for shares when ONLY market makers and other large entities are allowed to trade:

View attachment 578125

Again, JUST LOOK at that jump in VWAP at 08:01 am! You need to understand that the way NASDAQ (Edgar) reports this data, is that the 08:00 entry (the 1st line in this table) is the VWAP from 04:00 until 08:00 hrs. But by 08:01, MMs had already walked the SP down by -$56.00 (more, because the 08:00 price was the AVERAGE from 4 to 8).

These are corrupt practices, but will never be detected due to lack of transparency.

So what could be happening is that Market Makers are trading real shares amongst themselves in a de facto private market (retail can't trade before 07:00 am) and paying the true market price for those shares.

Then when the great unwashed are let back into the paddock, the MMs magically drop the price 2 or 4% to cull the herd.

Today, SSDD, Oruce walked down from over $1900 at 07:00 hrs to $1,867 (-$33) now at 07:30 hrs.

@FrankSG has yet to address this evidence.

I agree with this post. I don't think anyone will deny that sometimes market makers will drop the price to see if it will cause fear and a sell off during market hours. I don't think it's far fetched at all to think this can also happen during pre-market trading, and I've been suspicious of this myself a few times.

I don't think this is always 100% the work of market makers, and it could also be institutional investors/traders who really want to sell some as soon as they can at 7AM, but I think it definitely can be the work of market makers.