Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Your "subways" "Capsules" "trains" and my vision of ordinary Teslas driving through tunnels at high speeds got me thinking of the inherent inefficiency of any large heavy carriage just for people to ride in.

There ought to be a way to minimize the carraige in a bit more Futurama-ish manner.

To be clear, I was quoting nafnlaus, a.k.a. KarenRei on this forum.. And indeed, is precisely the argument she is making to the guys thinking they can outsmart her (see her replies to their replies).. i.e. basically, trains have to start and stop in each and every station.. that's a lot of weight to accelerate and decelerate over and over again.. plus, often you have to switch lines, walk a lot inbetween, and walk a lot to and from a station that are never close to where you live.. Compare to Tesla shuttles that bring you right to where you need, when you need, without having to stop anywhere..

I also voted "Yes" on 7, knowing as @Bet TSLA says "These things never pass." I don't mind reminding the Company that as a stockholder I care very much about its actions WRT human rights.
I have an obvious retort to that, but it would belong in a different thread.

I voted 'no' primarily because the 'yes' option could have established arduous and complex documentation processes that would potentially involve gathering comprehensive documentation from each suppliers then compiling and disclosing that to shareholders. From my perspective Tesla already does a quite good job explaining itself.
Were Tesla less good in explaining itself and acting to eliminate conflict products I'd readily vote 'yes'. I spent a little while going over the options on this one myself.

I always vote to match the board's recommendation. They got us where we are today so I figure they know what they're doing. They don't need armchair quarterbacking. Just my $0.02.

https://twitter.com/garyblack00/status/1296001784746594304
"Today is last day S&P can announce $TSLA is joining the S&P 500 pre-split if it wants to give indexers same lead time (6 trading days) it gave $FB when added Wed 12/11/13 for Fri 12/20/13 inclusion. FB at $170B mkt cap and 70bp was last S&P add anywhere near $TSLA 90bp add size."
This is it, one more chance before 12 days of nothingness.

Will Dojo require several million chips?
I would expect Dojo to be highly scalable, but not start at millios of chips. They are doing a lot, or mostly manually labeling data today. Dojo should automate that process and push more focus to building new rules. They already run simulations on nvidia based supercomputer. The new Dojo system will be many times more powerful. I expect it will eventually run simulations on all driver intervention logs to understand if the AI can do better.

Reactions: kbM3 and saniflash
Larry Kudlow, age 73 years, net worth ~25M, said his wife, an artist (painter), applied for a loan from the Federal Paycheck Protection Program and had a really easy time getting the money.

Well that's interesting since the application requires the applicant to certify the following (among other things):

"Current economic uncertainty makes this loan request necessary to support the ongoing operations of the Applicant"
https://www.sba.gov/sites/default/files/2020-07/PPP-Borrower-Application-Form-508.pdf

Guess they keep totally separate finances.:rolleyes:

• Informative
Reactions: StealthP3D
https://twitter.com/garyblack00/status/1296001784746594304
"Today is last day S&P can announce $TSLA is joining the S&P 500 pre-split if it wants to give indexers same lead time (6 trading days) it gave $FB when added Wed 12/11/13 for Fri 12/20/13 inclusion. FB at $170B mkt cap and 70bp was last S&P add anywhere near $TSLA 90bp add size."
This is it, one more chance before 12 days of nothingness.

On the first day of nothingness
My lord musk sent to me
A software update for my model 3.