Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But....aren't we all 'technically' FA's.....we tell all friends an family to invest in $TSLA :)
Only if they ask. Too much risk that things don't go well and you get blamed. On the other hand, if it goes up you won't get the credit. My Dad asked me when TSLA was about $200. He and my step mom aren't so great with savings etc. but had 10k to invest. She convinced him to only add 5k. Well, he is still up nearly 10X in under a year.

I thought FA was about client enrichment. Turned out it was a combination of hand holding and leeching off helpless people.
I was struggling to find employment (the market wasn't great in 2005) in consulting so I interviewed with Morgan Stanley advisors. The guy was quite clear that most of the money was in selling insurance. Actual financial advice was gravy that came late in your career. It's a sales job, not an investment job.

But....aren't we all 'technically' FA's.....we tell all friends an family to invest in $TSLA :)
4c18y1.jpg

Only if they ask. Too much risk that things don't go well and you get blamed. On the other hand, if it goes up you won't get the credit. My Dad asked me when TSLA was about $200. He and my step mom aren't so great with savings etc. but had 10k to invest. She convinced him to only add 5k. Well, he is still up nearly 10X in under a year.

We all see the problem here.....'listening' to our spouse cost your dad 10x more gains!!

• Funny
Reactions: Nocturnal
I admit that I expected a down day today. It seems like wall street is finally including Tesla in the top tier of tech stocks that are seen as immune from covid or at least safe havens for growth and profit. Really great to see this.

In case anyone hasn't seen this interview, it's very good. It also highlights how even a converted bull like Cramer still doesn't understand some of the advantages Tesla has. It's also great to see Rob receive some kudos for his knowledge. He deserves it.

Last edited:
We all see the problem here.....'listening' to our spouse cost your dad 10x more gains!!
LoL. I'm not afraid to admit I sold in May after the 5/1 8:11 tweet cuz I thought Elon was losing his mind. I told my wife and she gave me the chilling "you effing retard" look. Mind you, I've always been the wallet keeper but here're her exact words "Why did you do that? It was our ticket out of this dump!" :p So I bought back shortly after. :oops:

Last edited:
What am I missing? Why so conservative? The evidence around suggests much higher CAGR than 50% IMO.

2 things: 1, if Tesla solves FSD, it is no longer so much about how many vehicles as much as how many miles driven by the fleet; 2, if FSD is not solved by Tesla in the decade, there indeed is more pressure to grow number of vehicles as quickly as possible, but that growth is limited by batteries and more specifically the mined and recycled elements to create those batteries. From what I have gathered so far, 20 million vehicles in 2030 is already very ambitious from a resources standpoint. I can’t wait until battery day to see Tesla’s master plan around tera factories.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Krugerrand