Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Snake jazz is an episode of rick and morty where among other things they create a race of sentient snakes that form a society on another planet, which then fight off doomsday from AI.

The tweet came in when he was tweeting about democracy and settling mars.

Theres a saying in medicine. When you hear hoofbeats think horses, not zebra.

Just like "the stock price is too high" tweet on 5/1 8:11 am had nothing to do with the stock split announcement of 5/1 on 8/11? ;)

So I think you agree that their current labeling strategy would not scale as they massively increase the data input? But instead of self-supervised learning off of driver actions, you think they will come up with some intelligent predictive labeler to help speed up / augment the human labeler's productivity?

Yep, they filed a patent around February 2019 to that effect. It went public this month: http://www.freepatentsonline.com/20200250473.pdf

They've devised a method to manually label one frame, and then let the network label the rest of the video.

"In some embodiments, a three-dimensional representation of a feature, such as a lane line, is created from the group of time series elements that corresponds to the ground truth. This ground truth is then associated with a subset of the time series elements, such as a single image frame of the group of captured image data. For example, the first image of a group of images is associated with the ground truth for a lane line represented in three-dimensional space. Although the ground truth is determined based on the group of images, the selected first frame and the ground truth are used to create a training data. As an example, training data is created for predicting a three-dimensional representation of a vehicle lane using only a single image. In some embodiments, any element or group of elements of a group of time series elements is associated with the ground truth and used to create training data. For example, the ground truth may be applied to an entire video sequence for creating training data."

Yep, they filed a patent around February 2019 to that effect. It went public this month: http://www.freepatentsonline.com/20200250473.pdf

They've devised a method to manually label one frame, and then let the network label the rest of the video.

"In some embodiments, a three-dimensional representation of a feature, such as a lane line, is created from the group of time series elements that corresponds to the ground truth. This ground truth is then associated with a subset of the time series elements, such as a single image frame of the group of captured image data. For example, the first image of a group of images is associated with the ground truth for a lane line represented in three-dimensional space. Although the ground truth is determined based on the group of images, the selected first frame and the ground truth are used to create a training data. As an example, training data is created for predicting a three-dimensional representation of a vehicle lane using only a single image. In some embodiments, any element or group of elements of a group of time series elements is associated with the ground truth and used to create training data. For example, the ground truth may be applied to an entire video sequence for creating training data."

Yeah I saw that. I just can't get my head around what scale this will allow vs the scale of data Tesla wants for dojo.

Theres a saying in medicine. When you hear hoofbeats think horses, not zebra.

That’s a compellingly logical saying, except I’ve seen that kind of thinking cause healthcare professionals to misdiagnose, get stuck thinking inside the box, and straight up refuse to listen to clients and patients because it could ‘only‘ be a horse.

It quite likely might be a horse, but it could also be a cow, a goat, a zebra, a deer, an antelope, a centaur etc...

• Informative
Reactions: Tslynk67
So did Larry Ellison essentially turn $1B in TSLA into ~$5.8B real fast?

Gotta be nice to be a billionaire.

Imagine Larry’s circle of friends; to hang out with that group, would give you amazing insights.

It would be like hanging with the TMC Gang of Polymaths:

PapaFox
Curt Renz
David Lee
The Artful Dodger

Please add to this list, since I am production constrained...

Why does Tesla keep cutting prices?

A few earnings calls back Musk was roundly ridiculed by TSLAQ and others when he stated that there was unlimited demand for Tesla products at the right price point. That the only thing holding back everyone in the world demanding a Tesla was the price.

I think he has stuck to that statement since. He is trying to achieve the price point of endless demand while simultaneously crushing the competition. I believe the only thing holding back Tesla price reductions until that point is reached is preserving some basic margins as costs continue to decline. It does not seem to matter to Tesla whether they are selling every car now. This is immaterial to the mission. The mission benefits most from the achievement of the theoretical endless demand.

As much as Elon seemed to be the nice guy capitalist looking to help all OEMs and the world to transition to BEVs a decade or so ago, making statements like if Tesla failed but EVs became the norm he would have won, he seems to have taken the reaction by the industry to his attempts personally. His actions now tell he has signed on to a brutal survival of the fittest, and is more than happy to see the laggards exit in disgrace permanently.

I am completely on board with this. Would think most everyone here is as well.

Small, but sharp jump at open. I'm surprised.

A few earnings calls back Musk was roundly ridiculed by TSLAQ and others when he stated that there was unlimited demand for Tesla products at the right price point. That the only thing holding back everyone in the world demanding a Tesla was the price..
Anyone mocking that statement is ignorant, pure and simple. This applies to anything. Basic microeconomics.

Imagine Larry’s circle of friends; to hang out with that group, would give you amazing insights.

It would be like hanging with the TMC Gang of Polymaths:

PapaFox
Curt Renz
David Lee
The Artful Dodger

Please add to this list, since I am production constrained...
I think it's hilarious that Elon is friend's with 2 billionaires named Larry.

I only know one person named Larry and he isn't a billionaire.

Wow, there's a huge new hit piece in Forbes.com, but then there's this at the end:

Disclosure: David Trainer, Kyle Guske II, and Matt Shuler receive no compensation to write about any specific stock, sector, style, or theme.

How can this be true? I can only assume, given the vast number of absurd statements and assumptions in the article, that there are shorts involved here. Any insights from our well-informed forum members?

Tesla: The Most Dangerous Stock For Fiduciaries