Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there any logical basis for TSLA >$2000?

Yes. Let us not forget that Elon is one of the only CEOs who understands the climate crisis we are in and where it is going. He also owns the only companies perfectly positioned to actually do something significant to help mitigate the effects of climate change. Can anyone name any major S&P 500 company who is as well-positioned as Tesla to navigate a de-carbonized economy?

We needed a Green New Deal/Paris Climate Agreement 25+ years ago. I believe what we are seeing now, at least to some extent with TSLA, is a shift in the world's financial resources being pooled together to fight climate change. And I'm fairly certain enough of our rulers know this and are just now starting to act appropriately. Or maybe I'm just a naive Pollyanna.

I'm currently in Quincy, CA, working a traveling healthcare contract. There are fires north, south, east and west of me. Smoke is everywhere and we can hardly see the sun, we are preparing to evacuate if we get an order to do so. These major fire events happen every year now and are costing governments around the world billions per year and countless headaches. And these disruptions are just the beginning as global temperatures continue to increase unabated.

Renewable energy/transportation companies like Tesla have to succeed or human society will cease to exist as we know it. Absolutely there is a logical basis for TSLA >$2000.

Yes. Let us not forget that Elon is one of the only CEOs who understands the climate crisis we are in and where it is going. He also owns the only companies perfectly positioned to actually do something significant to help mitigate the effects of climate change. Can anyone name any major S&P 500 company who is as well-positioned as Tesla to navigate a de-carbonized economy?

We needed a Green New Deal/Paris Climate Agreement 25+ years ago. I believe what we are seeing now, at least to some extent with TSLA, is a shift in the world's financial resources being pooled together to fight climate change. And I'm fairly certain enough of our rulers know this and are just now starting to act appropriately. Or maybe I'm just a naive Pollyanna.

I'm currently in Quincy, CA, working a traveling healthcare contract. There are fires north, south, east and west of me. Smoke is everywhere and we can hardly see the sun, we are preparing to evacuate if we get an order to do so. These major fire events happen every year now and are costing governments around the world billions per year and countless headaches. And these disruptions are just the beginning as global temperatures continue to increase unabated.

Renewable energy/transportation companies like Tesla have to succeed or human society will cease to exist as we know it. Absolutely there is a logical basis for TSLA >$2000.
Maybe he meant to type logical basis for TSLA < $2000

Woot! $2,001.83. :cool:

But don’t get too giddy.

Perhaps he is referring to a Population bottleneck - Wikipedia

It’s possible that an abrupt change in the climate system will overwhelm human civilization. Relatively few people may survive. Hence, a natural selection filter for the fit and lucky.

Many may believe the chances of this are remote. They are mistaken. The climate system may already be in transition. :eek:

My Great Filter post seems to have generated some disagrees. Sorry about that! I thought just maybe he was giving an extra TSLA message, except for the climate change, human survival and life's probabilities in the universe message. Sorry to derail!

Reactions: capster
Is there any artistic soul who can design a cool yet subtle Teslanaire sticker we can slap on the cars?

Cut out two vinyl commas.

71VNTraiulL._AC_UL160_.jpg

With ARK Invest saying $7000 in 2024 in their basic case $2000 now does not seem too far out. We still have $5000 to go. Combine that with TSLA lagging for a long time and finally running up the last year.

So yes, there is a logical basis.
I dunno. ARK's best "no autonomy" case was $3200 at the end of 2024. I have a hard time thinking future autonomy is baked into today's SP. If it's not, that means "only" a 60% SP increase in the next 4½ years to hit the most optimistic target.

It seems either 1) ARK estimate was way too low, or 2) we're a bit ahead schedule

Joe Biden's speech is tonight.
...not when you are living in the future. uh..yesterday tomorrow night I guess for those of you living in the now
(I swear I do see stuff before it happens sometimes?!)

just FYI anyone who missed it the recent rise was all a run up to the Tesla dating app unveiling.
So many new owners coming in just for that o_O