Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can’t walk anywhere at work without someone asking why TSLA is so overpriced and how much it’s a bubble and they all say it’s going to go down.

And yet I was the only one who bought shares at $170 in the beginning when it was not « overpriced ».

People who do not understand the company either say it’s going to fail, when it doesn’t fail, they say it’s an overpriced bubble.

Why can’t they just buy the stock and stop their non sense reality denial

A bubble is any appreciating asset that you don't happen to own.

Attempted million dollar hack into Tesla's network: Tesla Insider Works with FBI to Turn the Tables on Russia's Million Dollar Attempt to Hijack the Network - ClearanceJobs

A Russian citizen has been arrested. He allegedly contacted a Tesla employee, who is a Russian-speaking non-US citizen, with an offer of millions of dollars in exchange for inserting a piece of malware into Tesla's system. That employee reported this contact within Tesla, and the FBI was then engaged. It appears a sting operation with the employee wearing a wire was then set-up. The bribe was for $1 Million.

The article claims that in addition to the arrest of one person, a number of other people involved have been identified, and that group allegedly recently extorted $4 - $6 million from a large corporation.

And the main problem for me with the X is that the seats don't fold down for sleeping, the falcon wing doors freezing up in the winter, and the price.

The recent 7-seater Model X I just saw reviewed was setup so that if the 2nd and 3rd row seats were folded forward, you'd have a flat bed over 2 meters long and well over a meter wide. Seems that could easily handle a blow-up mattress.

I think US 401k is the same as Canadian RRSP. Tax question for Canadians: Does it make sense to over-contribute an RRSP, even if there is 1% penalty per month? For example to keep it simple:

My annual contribution limit is $100,000.

My actual allowable limit is $100,000 + 2% (grace) = $102,000.

Contribution made “by mistake” was $110,000 (ie, excess of $8,000). Got too excited buying TSLA.

Penalty per month is 1% of over-contribution = $8,000 x 1% = $80/month. Total penalty = $80/month + 5% of that = $84 per month

If my TSLA trading account is growing by just 10% per month, my RRSP growth would be $11,000 per month.

The question is, if I am gaining $11,000/month, what does it matter if I have to continually pay $84/month over-contribution penalty?

Does it make sense to just keep on paying the penalty? Or sell $8,000 worth of TSLA to stay away from Canada Revenue Agency’s radar?

On the surface, this seems like a no-brainer. But maybe I am missing something? Potential tax audit?

Help!!!!!!!!

I screwed up as well. I contributed $7k to my Roth IRA last summer not realizing I didn’t qualify. Of course invested in Tesla. They have to pull out the $7k plus any gains. When I requested they back out the contribution this year, the advisor said something in the numbers looked funny. He said this can’t be right. A $45k gain on a $7k investment in one year

Are we now down $11 AH from up $18 because of this S&P “fake revenue” story?
That's been out for a couple days.

The recent 7-seater Model X I just saw reviewed was setup so that if the 2nd and 3rd row seats were folded forward, you'd have a flat bed over 2 meters long and well over a meter wide. Seems that could easily handle a blow-up mattress.
Heck, the 3 can manage that.

• Disagree
Reactions: smorgasbord
After-action Report: Wed, Aug 26, 2020: (Full-Day's Trading)

Headline: "TSLA Roars to 3 new ATHs"

Traded: $30,236,970,444.52 ($30.24 B)
Volume: 14,250,382
VWAP: $2,121.84

Closing SP / VWAP: 101.51%
(TSLA closed ABOVE today's Avg SP)
Mkt Cap: TSLA / TM = $401.269B / $188.721B = 212.63%​

TSLA 1-mth Moving Avg Market Cap: $310.13B
TSLA 6-mth Moving Avg Market Cap: $186.40B
Nota Bene: Mkt Cap on pace to unlock CEO comp. 3rd tranche Sep 04, 2020

'Short' Report:

FINRA Volume / Total NASDAQ Vol = 50.3% (50th Percentile rank FINRA Reporting)
FINRA Short/Total Volume = 54.6% (52nd Percentile rank Shorting)
FINRA Short Exempt Volume was 0.61% of Short Volume (45th Percentile Rank)​

TSLA - SUMMARY TABLE - 2020-08-26.png

Comment: "TSLA roll continues; Only Highest Open wasn't a new ATH today"

View all Lodger's After-Action Reports

Cheers!

From Gary Black @garyblack00 / on Twitter https://twitter.com/garyblack00/status/1298744583677980674
He's positive on Tesla, but I haven't seen his track record on timing.

" My instinct: $TSLA runs up through Friday, and then retreats Monday post-split as happened after 2Q when TSLA crushed earnings and retreated immediately. There’s no precedent for how retail investors will behave when TSLA is 80% lower. I will take some money off the table Friday. "

It's slightly irritating having to sit on my hands .. I know HODLING esp in volatile times is best. Still worth pondering whether there is a way to not be caught in the next inevitable (temporary) pullback
I have plans to hide my TDA app on my phone to a different screen, set alerts to price targets for when we go back up, and just live my life during this period i think we all (HODL investors) are expecting. :D

I find myself just grinning uncontrollably when I hear CNBC or just people in my daily life saying to get out now because Tesla is going to crash from these levels.

Sure the stock could pull back anywhere from 5-10%, possibly 15-20%, in a big consolidation period. But who knows where that retracement is going to happen from. Could be this 2200 level, could be 2500-2800+ level after Battery Day.

Doesn't matter though because Q3 and Q4 are going to halt any sort of retracement and cause a new rally.

I still think Q3/Q4 will be good and positive for the stock price, but not as much as I used to a few months ago. Analysts have been upping their targets, so it's likely the market as a whole is at least somewhat less unaware of what Tesla's Q3/Q4 will look like.

I still think Q3/Q4 will be good and positive for the stock price, but not as much as I used to a few months ago. Analysts have been upping their targets, so it's likely the market as a whole is at least somewhat less unaware of what Tesla's Q3/Q4 will look like.

For sure, the rally power of Q3 and Q4 are going to be lessened since we're likely going to be around the 500-550 share price level by the time we get Q3 P/D numbers. A couple months ago, I think even the most bullish of us thought we would maybe be at 1800-2000 going into Q3 P/D numbers. But I think the Q3 P/D numbers will easily support the share price at that 500-550 level and Q3 earnings maybe push slightly higher. Q4 P/D numbers might not cause that much of a uptick(unless deliveries are above 180k) but Q4 earnings I think will solidly push the share price above 600/share because we'll get 2021 full year guidance.

I can’t walk anywhere at work without someone asking why TSLA is so overpriced and how much it’s a bubble and they all say it’s going to go down.

And yet I was the only one who bought shares at $170 in the beginning when it was not « overpriced ».

People who do not understand the company either say it’s going to fail, when it doesn’t fail, they say it’s an overpriced bubble.

Why can’t they just buy the stock and stop their non sense reality denial
You are just getting the product of a successful FUD Machine. I have it even stranger. The two people I looked up to when it came to the stock market both told me I missed the boat when I invested in January. Now they both have holdings in TSLA. But they still play it like they do their normal stocks. They are both over 80 so what can I expect?