Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here it is after 9PM EDT and E*Trade TSLA option numbers are still screwed up. Right number of contracts, but the prices and values of the positions are all wrong. I'm surprised that they are still broken at this late hour. They have to fix this in order to be able to say on Monday how much your account is up or down. Well, I guess they don't actually have to say, but it's kind of pathetic if they don't.

At least they have the stock price correct now. And I'm sure the option prices will be correct once they start trading in the morning, but that's really not good enough.
Well all I have is shares and that number is right along with the price at closing Friday so I'm ready to make the popcorn tomorrow (although I don't know how it will go with the coffee). Guess it makes sense to not mess around with trading stuff I don't really understand... done me well for about 7 years so far.

Reactions: capster
I’d be concerned if I had anything with Wells Fargo to be honest...

I feel better with Wells Fargo than I would with IB. When I transferred 500 TSLA from IB to Wells back in spring of 2017, IB called me up and started yelling at me. I calmly told the man I had a heart attack and bypass surgery and needed to consolidate for estate planning. He stopped yelling and wished me good luck before hanging up. Around that time I read that the owner/founder was a big short of TSLA. Do not know if that is true or not, but it left a serious impression on me.

I read several comments that Etrade has correctly computed the split for their account shareholders. Everything looks normal to me too, now seeing 442.68. Although interestingly, checking on my Etrade stock order page, Friday's slight downturn in price apparently couldn't stop this train. Friday was still good enough to produce the largest one day percentage gain ever seen for TSLA. ;)

Stock/ETF Order
NSDQ
TSLA TESLA INC COM
Last Price x Size / Exch Bid x size Ask x size Volume
2216.99 +1,774.31000 (+400.81%) 442.68 x 100 442.68 x 300 20.00M

• Funny
Reactions: wipster
I’m hesitating between buying shares Monday vs waiting 1 week

I think we see a run up tomorrow morning as MMs look to suck in new retail investors. At some point tomorrow or Tuesday there will be a rug pull. This is purely my read based on investor psychology and generally overbought conditions for TSLA and the tech market. This predicted dip might be a great opportunity to position yourselves for buying more stock or options. I also think IV will be up tomorrow. We still finish the week higher around 450. ...

Of course all bets are off if S&P finally makes the announcement this week. It is so nice to use this potential inclusion information to make any short term bets. In other words you can be more aggressive.

Reactions: saniflash and T@oo
anyone get an email from the drawing for the shareholders' meeting / battery day? Should be sent out soon

RTFWP: (Web Page)

Tesla Announces Updates to 2020 Annual Meeting of Stockholders and Battery Day Event | Tesla, Inc.
2020 Annual Meeting of Stockholders and Battery Day | Tesla

"We expect to begin communicating selections during the week of August 30, 2020."

/s

I already received "legal proxies" for my wife and I from The Fidelity Experience just in case one or both of us "wins". They can also be used to obtain a "real" control number from Tesla's registrar to connect to the "stockholders-only" webcast for virtual voting and perhaps asking a question like we used to do live in the pre-COVID-19 days.

Here's hoping FOMO continues this week! :D

Fidelity's Active Trader Pro Experience still shows our account times 5 I don't think that will self-correct until there is a live pre-market quote Monday AM. At least our shares were multiplied by five... Their "Trade" pop-up is also showing Friday's closing price:

upload_2020-8-30_20-26-29.png

You can see I don't leave much "cash" in our retirement accounts!

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Lessmog
I started accumulating TSLA starting in 2012. I've only sold a few shares twice since then only because I needed the cash. I always ended up rebuying those shares and then some later. Now in the various random social settings I'm hearing random people talk about TSLA. Things feel really bubbly right now, not because I think TSLA is currently overvalued but because I think over the next couple of months a lot of weak longs will sell because they think that either the SP has gotten overvalued or that they want to take a short term profit. For the first time ever, I'm thinking about selling a big chunk of my holdings and buying back after the dust settles. I've never tried to time the market too much but I guess that's exactly what I'm contemplating doing now.

I think we see a run up tomorrow morning as MMs look to suck in new retail investors. At some point tomorrow or Tuesday there will be a rug pull. This is purely my read based on investor psychology and generally overbought conditions for TSLA and the tech market. This predicted dip might be a great opportunity to position yourselves for buying more stock or options. I also think IV will be up tomorrow. We still finish the week higher around 450. ...

Of course all bets are off if S&P finally makes the announcement this week. It is so nice to use this potential inclusion information to make any short term bets. In other words you can be more aggressive.

Covid numbers are looking good so I am anticipating transitions to Covid battered stocks after Tesla's initial momentum fades. These same momentum traders will be back a week prior to battery day for the buy the rumor portion of the run up as they withdraw from Covid battered stocks. Coincidentally, this is also when Covid numbers start to creek up as it's 2-3 weeks after school opened.

So - any guesses on how long it’ll take before we see a price in the $400+ range and don’t think “oh, crap!!”?

You might make it a habit to shift the price's decimal point one position to the right and divide by 2 in your head until you get used to the "small" numbers. For me, our total share count is still an even number so it is easy to calculate our daily "paper" gains or losses in my head without looking at The Fidelity and Schwab Experiences.

Anyway, it's only been $400+ for less than 9 months (since 12/19/2019) so what's the big deal? /s

Covid numbers are looking good so I am anticipating transitions to Covid battered stocks after Tesla's initial momentum fades. These same momentum traders will be back a week prior to battery day for the buy the rumor portion of the run up as they withdraw from Covid battered stocks. Coincidentally, this is also when Covid numbers start to creek up as it's 2-3 weeks after school opened.

I'll be shocked if there isn't another big wave of infections because of the return to school and because I'm seeing tons of people out and about filling restaurants to capacity as though everything were normal again.