Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Word for the not yet wise
To those for whom have not yet lost in the battle of the markets
Whose investing ships have never traversed stormy seas, only sailing on smooth waters.

Be very afraid of easy gains, especially on margin or through options.

There are many involved in the markets that have had great wealth come and go due to lack of discipline.
Learn of these failures to prevent your own.

If your trading gains have been easy, and you move in and out as an active trader, the easy emotional things that work now,
might just be your ruin.

I have been there, lost everything, twice.

Last edited:
Off-topic

I worked my way through university as a laborer at a small sawmill over two summers. I was slinging boards and beams for $8 per hour in 1988/1989. It was grueling and my co-workers were sometimes aggravating. One day I had a close call with a huge saw and I was inches from a quick and messy death. But I didn’t have time to think about that too much at the time because we were on a tight schedule. At the end of some days, my arms were so shot I could barely put away the power tools. Towards the end of the summer, I came home and collapsed on the living room floor, soaking in sweat, oil, and sawdust. In his greatest act of mercy my father asked me how much I was going to earn the next week (my last week of work for the summer). He then paid me on the spot and freed me from that job. The owner later told me he had to hire two guys to do the job I was handling by myself. The following summer I was an intern in a research laboratory.

This morning, over a period of two hours my $TSLA shares grew more in value than my total salary that I earned over two summers at that damn sawmill.

ain’t life funny.

I’m working two jobs and HODLING the hell out of $TSLA until I can free my lovely wife from her job.

Thank you Elon and his team and the brilliant and charming folks of TMC for bringing that day closer.

My trading account is now up 32,140% since November, which is within my target range for acceptable performance.

Buy and holders : TSLA is up 1000% in the past year!
Options traders : Aww, that's cute.

I'm in the buy and hold camp. I'm too chicken (and uninformed) to do options

Last edited:
You know...

Seeing stock at 2000 it is hard to wrap your head around it doubling to 4000, and definitely hard to comprehend doing a 10x to 20,000.

Seeing stock at 400 it is easier to understand it doubling to 800, and 10x to 4000.

This "I Can Grok The Return" is probably hugely important to motivating retail investors to jump in.

Analysts should stop saying "splits do nothing" and "the market is weird"

Markets react to price. Size of slice doesn't matter. Simple as that.