Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It definitely does. Otherwise TSLA would atleast just follow Nasdaq up. Today it is down 1.4% compared to Nasdaq. This kind of thing adds up over weeks & months. I know the sharp, short term drops recover - but that creates expectations of future drops, preventing people from buying at "higher prices".

Eh I think the stock price is being moved up/down/stagnant completely separate from any FUD, positive news, or no news at all. I don't think the any FUD that came out today is the reason Tesla is down/flat verses the macros. Just look at the price action yesterday on good news, it spiked and was walked back down throughout the entire day. Today, it spiked and was walked down throughout the day. I think the spikes are short covering and then wall st is coordinating the slow walk back down so that more short covering can happen. We had very positive news over the weekend(the report about Audi/VW and how they can't match Model 3) and the analyst upgrade and the net gain from that is where we were last week. I think we wonder, I know I have, why aren't any major funds buying in to create a large position while the share price is undervaluing the company. I think it's simply that all of the major Wall St funds are in on the scheme. They won't do anything to cause the share price to have a sustained move higher.

Reactions: BornToFly
Wall St is cheating, specifically via Maket Makers using their exemption from the naked short selling prohibition.

Let's continue to watch the monthly "Failed to Deliver" reports. They are effectively issuing TSLA stock by naked short selling, then using their media weight and market influence to profit from the move, and cover their tracks.

Don't expect an SEC investigation: it's their rule. I do expect Tesla to ignore Wall St b.s. until all their US/Market debt is repaid by 2022, and then use those billions in FCF to do share buy-backs.

The only way market makers can be brought to heel is if they start losing money by naked short selling. That means a large group of long-term stock holders. We don't have that now (Ark Invest, TD etc. are all swings traders)

Thoughts?
You may have heard me make this same rant. I couldn't agree more. As I mentioned a while back, the fact that the last 3 FTD reports have shown zero FTDS in TSLA makes me think there are so many FTDs in the system that the perpetrators are just not going to report any FTDs. You are right. There will be no SEC investigation because they have passed that off to FINRA and DTCC, self-regulatory organizations that are owned and operated by the perpetrators themselves. I have no proof, but I think there are many fails in the system. IMO, the only way to get the manipulating cheaters to square up would be for TSLA to issue shares in a new company (i.e., spinoff,) or issue rights, to existing shareholders.

Lutz needs to sit down and STFU. Complete disgrace.

View attachment 376640
I found your posting misleading. The quoted numbers were the option strike prices; GM is currently trading at $39.12 (as I type). Not all that much less than in 2004. But bear in mind, it isn't even the same GM! In between it went completely bankrupt, and was bailed out by the government. I'm not sure why Lutz even has options,

I do think that based on my own theory about the way the stock is being traded and has been over the past year....that we need someone or a company(ahem...Apple...) to take a pretty decent stake in the company (like 5-10%) or have insiders coordinate to buy more shares. I know it's not my money, but it'd be great to see Elon and Larry up their stakes in the company even more. Elon knows lot of billionaires...come on guys, how bout you all get together about buy up 10% of Tesla shares.

Pretty much we need a good amount of shares to be bought up and taken out of Wall St's hands. I do find it hard to believe that there's no one out there(individual or company) that wouldn't be interested in taking a large stake in Tesla at it's current valuation considering how it's positioned for future industries (EV Cars, Tesla Energy, Autonomy)

Last edited:
so how do you drastically decrease the number of shares available to trade? say by 50% or even 25%, causing a short stampede?
You can't - unless you can get someone with deep pockets to take a big stake in the company and announce it.

BTW, I don't think there is a shortcut to getting shorts to give up on Tesla. Its going to be a long grind.

Inclusion in S&P will help, though.

Is that why the stock dipped earlier?
No offense to anyone working at HR, but does anyone ever remember any major company being reported on related to the comings and goings of their recruitment staff? Seriously! How far can this insanity go?

Already with Deepak, I did not understand the hysteria as he RETIRED and also stayed on as an adviser to the guy who has worked for him for 9 years. Now this recruitment person will travel the world with their spouse and quit work altogether and somehow this is another sign of Tesla's demise.

And in what world does Lynette Lopez still get to publish for a "major" business site?! The Lynette Lopez who ran stupid pieces like "Tesla does not have anything painted yellow and people are dying because crazy Elon hates the color yellow". The Lynette Lopez who's main source and star witness for most of her garbage hit pieces about Tesla's scrap rate and battery safety was a disgruntled fired employee, who (allegedly) stole data, sabotaged machines, as per his neighbors threatened to "shoot up" GF1 and has gotten dropped even by his ambulance chasing lawyers as he is a complete lunatic.

And in what world is BI a "major" business site when their CEO is barred for life from working in the securities industry due to fraud?!

PS: BTW, did Russ Mitchell ever update/correct his article where he "broke the news" on Model 3 AP being disabled for Europe and theorized about angry customers wanting their money back and sales suffering? In less than 24 hours AP got the approvals.

How come we no longer have any consequences to false or untrue reporting?

Rant over.

Last edited:
It appears that Tesla has retro fitted CCS connectors at almost 50% of the Supercharger sites in the EU. (Only three countries at 100%.) And surprisingly the Netherlands and Norway are lagging. (77% and 41%.)

Of course this is crowd sourced data, so take it with an appropriate chunk of salt.

Also the Netherlands and Norway have 4 of the top 10 utilized Supercharger sites in the last 24 hours: Top 10 Superchargers based on Tesla screen at Kettleman City and other locations

Last edited:
One of the best analysts in the autotech industry, Mark's Beagle, thinks current $TSLA stock prices are frustrating medium-term shareholders.

"While the short-term traders love the volatility and very long-term traders stay put, one wonders when the medium-timeframe traders start pulling out a bit from $TSLA" he said on Tuesday. "Share price has essentially been flat over the last 2 years, and with 2 profitable quarters in a row having negligible effect, it's unclear what news could push TSLA significantly higher."

"Buyers may have more success investing in alternate high-growth stocks".