Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Walter MacVane‏ @EcoHeliGuy
Walter MacVane Retweeted Will Fealey ⚡

Actively self-charging public image.

Walter MacVane added,

Will Fealey ⚡ @WillFealey
Toyota is now actively deleting negative comments on their recent 'Self Charging Hybrid' adverts on social media where people are calling them out for promoting fossil fuel powered cars in a positive light against EVs, mine was live for less than 2 minutes
Show this thread
5:12 PM - 14 Feb 2019
Walter MacVane on Twitter

Some stars are reachable now :)

LikeTesla‏ @LikeTeslaKim
To the stars and beyond! One of the most breathtaking Model 3 pics to date. Via Lemuel Casas in Glendora, California. #LikeTesla #Tesla #ModelS #Model3 #ModelX #ModelY

Dzay6yFWsAASq5L.jpg

8:09 PM - 14 Feb 2019
LikeTesla on Twitter

My prediction for Twitter this week

<TIN_FOIL_HAT>

Apparently the new rage (per LA Times) is that Autopilot is dangerous based on a shoddy analysis.

All I have to say is that this so called “owners club” must be suspect #1 in hiding what the LA Times believes to be a rampant number of Autopilot accidents.

Meanwhile it seems the Forum’s detailed account of panel gaps, delivery issues, production delays, charging issues was just a clever ruse as all of these are no longer discussed.

</TIN_FOIL_HAT>

Lately there's been several reports of people blaming their accidents on AP. It seems to me this is the Tesla equivalent of "my dog ate my homework"

Let's not forget that the chief data point for the bear camp is a spreadsheet in German that tracks the number of invoices issued per country that may equate to the overall demand for the Model 3. It is a remarkable attempt to gauge the demand but it is obvious that many folks, especially non-German speaking nationals, are not comfortable exposing their order on this platform. Basically one country has updated regularly. Of the 1200 responses, 500 have been from Germany - 41% - showing that 23% of the Model 3s are going to Germany . Note for comparison sake that Germany only took 7% of the Model S and X sold in 2018 in Europe (excluding UK). Funny that the desire to get a Tesla has suddenly blossomed or perhaps the statistics are skewed.

There has been ZERO French orders reported since January 7th - over a month ago. There have been ZERO Swedish orders reported since January 6th and yet the bears are convinced that this data point is a genuine sign of lack of demand.

In my view, most European buyers would have no idea about the existence of the chart. The Aix-en-Provence service centre received 40 M3 in the last two days and are expecting a steady stream of delivery trucks to come...they sounded proud, happy and excited!

The first M3s arrived in the South of France:

Attachments

• 415CCE68-3FD1-420E-B7F5-0F0EABBC1CA0.jpeg
    415CCE68-3FD1-420E-B7F5-0F0EABBC1CA0.jpeg
    761 KB · Views: 55
Guess Which Detroit Automaker Is Keeping Up With Toyota on Dependability? -- The Motley Fool
I was searching for Tesla and then the lightning struck me.
Tesla is not a car! Happy that they respect that. :)

JD Power sends surveys to owners of cars by combing through Department of Motor Vehicles list.

In California and many other states the Automaker must give consent to JD Powers to access the names and addresses of their customers. Tesla is the only automaker that refuses. With the States that don't require the Automaker to consent, JD Powers does not garner a statistically relevant sample because CA is ~50% of US Tesla sales.

But where's the European GF? US East Coast? The mystery 4th?

• Tesla optimized the delivery process and don't need an East Coast Gigafactory anytime soon I think: GF1 has plenty of free space in the largest industrial park of the U.S.
  • Tesla should really first wait how BRExit goes down, before announcing the EU Gigafactory. UK politicians are delusional, yet UK financial institutions are holding 60+ trillion dollars of derivatives, so if UK ultras decide to blow up the EU economy out of spite or out of incompetence, they certainly have the tools.
Three main Gigafactories should be within 10 day delivery distance of 80% of global demand (they are missing close proximity to Australia, Brazil, Africa and India), which should be enough for the next 5 years, to reach the 100k cars/week, 5 million cars/year production rate of a major ICE OEM.

Last edited:
"JMP Securities saying that after checking out some of Tesla's competition, it likes the company even more. The team at JMP is reiterating their $406 price target and market outperform rating after driving the Jaguar I-PACE."

Call of the Day: Tesla
I couldn't watch the video - did they say anything specific about the Jaguar? This could be significant news - we need the financials to state the obvious more.

Tesla should really first wait how BRExit goes down, before announcing the EU Gigafactory. UK politicians are delusional, yet UK financial institutions are holding 60+ trillion dollars of derivatives, so if UK ultras decide to blow up the EU economy out of spite or out of incompetence, they certainly have the tools.
A small number of UK politicians (far fewer than % of people) are brexiteers and likely IMO to be delusional. However, they do absolutely have the UK and even EUs best interest at heart (global trade demands they do). I am sure about that. We are perfectly capable of looking crazy to the rest of the world and ourselves by shooting ourselves in the foot, but there is no intention of doing anything out of spite. Incompetence is quite likely however...

TSLA intra-day SP range was only $5.77 today, the lowest since Mar-01-2017.

Total trades volume was also very low at 5.06M shares, which is the lowest trading volume since Oct-19-2017.

Shortz had an easy time of it today, even so were still responsible for 57.5% of trades reported through FINRA*.

*FINRA data covers about 37.0% of trades today by volume.

TL;dr Nothing to see here, move along... :rolleyes:

The good news is that it seems he has become more conservative in talking about future products (Y / Semi / Pickup / Roadster) while it’s clear that they are executing on these products.

At the same time profitability in Q1 will set them up for S&P inclusion sometime this year. I think there will be some frontrunning on this event.

And, like you said, Model Y reveal will be a driver. I expect that sometime between May and July.

It's all so quite. Almost intentionally. As if there is some due date that needs to pass before serious action takes place.

This dude started off with Soros who owns quite a bit of bonds. I can’t help to think there is some connection there.
It’s been decades since they worked together . I’d no more think that than that Soros and Jimmy Rogers act in concert. That said, people do share information and ideas with each other; not everyone on Wall St shows their respective hands by strutting their stuff on tv shows.

• Helpful
Reactions: humbaba
I know Dana Hull is sometimes frustrating, but even that table gave her a 53% negativity index score: she's far from being the worse journalist (and I guess a lot of the blame is on her editors...)
For example, her last article is very neutral, if not positive:
Bloomberg - Are you a robot?
I don't like her twitter snark and sarcasm about Elon, but I want to remind everyone that for many folks out there that pedo tweet + 420 tweet and subsequent SEC fine don't paint a good picture of him. And these are all facts.
A lot of people don't like a billionaire that lash out on Twitter.
There is already a creepy powerful dude doing that.

I'm much more worried about Reuters:
this is the biggest news agency in the world and famed for their neutrality and journalism prices, and their headlines are pure garbage. I'd love to understand why they are so mean about Tesla.