Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/maxwell-technologies-announces-filing-2018-223300261.html

"Company will not be hosting a teleconference and webcast to discuss its results of operations and other business matters due to the pending Definitive Agreement with Tesla"

"While there can be no assurances on the closing date, the Company anticipates that the merger will be consummated in the second quarter of 2019, or shortly thereafter, should all conditions be met and subject to the timing of the aforementioned approvals."

DzZRrL2XgAABULE.png

Daily Charge on Twitter

Liftoff power is accumulating each day! :)

Please moderator explain why you would remove posts of mine with a reason stated as "you don't come out of the woodwork with posts like this"? I have almost 700 posts on this forum and have been a member for several years.
I would not post this on this thread except the moderator did not let me know how to respond to this.
Of course nobody will probably see this post either as the God of Moderation and tolerance will probably delete it as well.

Please moderator explain why you would remove posts of mine with a reason stated as "you don't come out of the woodwork with posts like this"? I have almost 700 posts on this forum and have been a member for several years.
I would not post this on this thread except the moderator did not let me know how to respond to this.
Of course nobody will probably see this post either as the God of Moderation and tolerance will probably delete it as well.

Not a mod, but from what I saw, you responded to Karen with a personal attack, albeit an odd one that was hard to parse. Her post was off topic, but not really deserving of that response.

Ouch. Atlanta Fed drops Q4 GDP forecast from 2.7% to 1.5% based on retail sales data.

Man that chart is just depressing to look at as a shareholder lol. The longer this keeps going, the more and more I start thinking like a conspiracy theorist.......... that the entire market either a) is a giant coordinated manipulation between practically every hedge fund out there or b) the multi trillion dollar industries that want tesla to die have essentially bought Wall St .

Btw, I hate conspiracy theories

a lot of the revenue growth could be priced in already. Tesla has a higher market cap than most automakers, so it isn’t really “undervalued”. Need some crazy news to break this range

I agree with this to an extent. Some sort of catalyst - substantial Tesla Energy revenue, sustained Model Y demand, increased production capacity of Model 3 amid sustained demand, etc. -- will be needed to break the current range.

a lot of the revenue growth could be priced in already. Tesla has a higher market cap than most automakers, so it isn’t really “undervalued”. Need some crazy news to break this range

Exactly why TE needs to ramp. Revenue is revenue. Doesn't matter if it's from automotive sales, software sales, or energy sales. So tired of hearing people say Tesla has a higher market cap than all of the other auto companies. That fundamentally doesn't matter one bit. Other auto stocks are priced the way they are because their revenue is growing in single digits, stagnant, or declining

Yes, when they exit slowly over the course of 8 months, there is no squeeze. For a squeeze to occur there would need to be a sudden, substantial and sustained jump.
Really? The mechanism could be the same and the time course different, no? Asking for real.

I see the shorts as being in one of those woven finger traps. They can push in and wiggle around and the trap stays loose. Pulling out the fingers tightens the trap. There are, I believe, many shareholders (including myself) who collectively hold a substantial amount of the shares and who are perfectly content to just hold on and watch in grim fascination as the shorts try to extricate themselves.

Many will be flayed to the bone, whether they pull out fast or slow. Perhaps it would be worse if done quickly, but that doesn’t mean there is necessarily a way out of a slow squeeze (unless it is the case that there are a decent amount of shares held by weak longs which case I am disinclined to believe at this late point in the game).

Not saying we will see a huge spike, but a sustained and lasting melt-up seems likely in the cards.

Mod: Don't make two one-line posts attacking another member, and they won't get moved to snippiness. (And that goes for anyone, regular posters in this thread or not). --ggr.

Can't remember what I wrote, TBH, and it's like 40 pages back already so I ain't going looking... Of course I meant to say that with the visible mass astronomers observe in galaxies, they're not heavy enough to stick together, they should fly apart - that's the darl matter part. Then there's the increasing expansion of the universe, which should in fact decrease by any normal known laws, so there appears to be some kind of unknown repulsive force, which is termed dark energy.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Douglas Adams.
Cool, yup... that's in line with the rest of the post.

(incidentally, you can click the little red up-arrow next to where your name is in a quoted in reply and jump back to your original post with no hunting required....)

You obviously don’t work with Mac much. The latest OS can run on systems that are six years old in most cases. For example I have a 2012 MacBook Pro which is running the latest release without any hacking. Also amazingly, the system works quite smoothly for a machine that old. It’s resale value is absurd compared to a six year old windows laptop.

The only case where your right is the lack of upgradability of 2016 and newer machines. The non-replaceable hard drive/SSD is unfortunately the reason that I’m moving away from Apple on my next purchase.
I work with macs some for work (not in IT, we just use company macs. I'm sure your mac is very outdated. You just don't know the difference until you upgrade to the next one and you would see the difference in speed...also depends what you use it for like email and browsing is super light use.I'm a gamer so macs are definitely a no go. I can build a P C for 1/2 the cost of a Mac that will smoke every Mac on the planet and be able to run any software you want. Have to be able to handle latest AAA gaming titles which macs would be outdated pretty quick on.

Featured on Bloomberg: ('heard' mentality of speculators who missed out on SOLO)

Bloomberg - It's a Bird. It's a Tesla. No, it's an Arcimoto

Ah, interesting. All we need now is the heard that missed out on SOLO and FUV to head on over to TSLA.

The interesting bit is that there was no new news, merely the spreading of old news to the uninformed was sufficient to drive the stock. Leads me to believe there’s plenty of upside for TSLA, purely from the “Really? No gas tank?” crowd waking up.

• Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger
TSLA intra-day SP range was only $5.77 today, the lowest since Mar-01-2017.

Total trades volume was also very low at 5.06M shares, which is the lowest trading volume since Oct-19-2017.

Shortz had an easy time of it today, even so were still responsible for 57.5% of trades reported through FINRA*.

*FINRA data covers about 37.0% of trades today by volume.

TL;dr Nothing to see here, move along... :rolleyes:

Ah, interesting. All we need now is the heard that missed out on SOLO and FUV to head on over to TSLA.

The interesting bit is that there was no new news, merely the spreading of old news to the uninformed was sufficient to drive the stock. Leads me to believe there’s plenty of upside for TSLA, purely from the “Really? No gas tank?” crowd waking up.
Not an advice: hope you took some profits today. That's a fickle bunch right there...:oops:

While a lot of the revenue growth is priced in - so is a lot of risk associated with the growth. So to the extent those risks get eliminated, the price should go up.

In other words, the future growth has a probability associated with it. Once that probability hits 100%, the NPV goes up.

I agree with this to an extent. Some sort of catalyst - substantial Tesla Energy revenue, sustained Model Y demand, increased production capacity of Model 3 amid sustained demand, etc. -- will be needed to break the current range.

There's evidence that the current revenue levels are priced in (by the fact that Tesla's revenue and profitability makes zero movement for the SP) but then there are overwhelming amount of evidence that TSLA's current revenue is not priced in.

This is what was priced in @ 260 earlier last year
-Tesla will need to raise money or go bankrupt due to debt coming up.
- Only 260 cars built in a quarter, Elon is fake news and there's no S curve
- Even if Elon makes a few thousand cars a quarter, the cars will not be profitable and TSLA will need to raise money
- This is a company with an unhinged ceo, yelling at analysts, not taking the company seriously, and bleeds millions per hour

Seriously, beginning of 2018 TSLA looked dead in the water. It's a company that looked un-investable, and as Elon revealed..weeks from going bankrupt. The SP was 260! So now Tsla went from that dumpster fire to a money printing machine with GAPP profitability that surprised every analysts Q3 and we are trading at 300 that dips down to 290s or 280s? What the F is priced in I ask?