Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just spoke with my Tesla rep about my new car order. I told him I wasnt 100% confirmed on the order until the event on Thursday. Perplexed he asked "What event? How did you hear about it? Let me guess, Twitter?" Made me laugh. Seems no one wants to distribute the info.

Haha, note the unintentional leak in the reaction:

This suggests an event, not an announcement.

Any acquisition, merger, joint venture or partnership would be kept secret from Tesla reps.

An "event", which might create more work for Tesla reps, which they have to be prepared for, might be shared with them.

(This is the reason why the only proper reaction to queries about embargoed information is to play 100% dumb - but you probably surprised her.)

Any acquisition, merger, joint venture or partnership would be kept secret from Tesla reps.

An "event", which might create more work for Tesla reps, which they have to be prepared for, might be shared with them.

(This is the reason why the only proper reaction to queries about embargoed information is to play 100% dumb - but you probably surprised her.)

If it’d make work for her, it must be new hardware of some kind. Supercharger v3 or new AP features or some such wouldn’t impact them.

Reactions: Fact Checking
I'm sure everyone has seen Lora's latest FUD article on CNBC,
Tesla faces a cash crunch with a $920 million debt payment due on Friday

Amazing that someone who is clearly that dumb, and that bad at math, is allowed to write articles. Does she not understand that Tesla's free cash flow for the quarter is more than the bond payment?

The way I read it, the word ‘event’ was first used by Tenable, not by the rep. His reaction was ‘what event?’

I find this amusing. I've had CNBC on since I got home from work, and they've not once mentioned what's happening with Tesla. I can't help but wonder if they're deliberately avoiding talking about it because they have no clue why it's happening.

Anchor: "Shares in Tesla are soaring today because... CEO Elon Musk changed his name to Elon Tusk and tweeted the words 'Some Tesla news'.... ? " (whispering to someone offcamera) "Is that teleprompter right? ... Are you SURE?",

I think we are seeing a mini-squeeze / shorts closing based on this debt repayment "news". We may take it for granted, but it might be a surprise for shorts, who have been fed so much FUD all these years. That is the reason whey even yesterday the SP came up from 280 at one point. We'll only know for sure in a couple of weeks when the charts come out.

Last time we had this run was soon after SEC settlement / Q3 - from 250 to 330.

Tesla to Make Their Biggest Debt Payment Yet March 1 -Bloomberg

--Tesla Inc.(TSLA) will make its largest debt payment to date on March 1, when it settles a convertible bond maturity which could amount to $920 million in cash, Bloomberg reports Wednesday.

--The company's share price fell below the price which would have allowed it to convert the bonds into stock, and holders will be allowed to opt for cash or an equity payout, the report said.

--Holders who choose cash will receive $1,000 at maturity, while those picking a cash and stock option will receive a conversion value of about $850 million, the report said.

--Tesla has more than enough cash and equivalents to pay the principal and interest, the report said.
I think shorts are capitulating. Stock is up 10% from Monday AH lows ($283) from SEC news. They might have had enough of this crazy stock lol

I find this amusing. I've had CNBC on since I got home from work, and they've not once mentioned what's happening with Tesla. I can't help but wonder if they're deliberately avoiding talking about it because they have no clue why it's happening.

Anchor: "Shares in Tesla are soaring today because... CEO Elon Musk changed his name to Elon Tusk and tweeted the words 'Some Tesla news.... ?' " (whispering to someone offcamera) "Is that teleprompter right? ... Are you SURE?",

LOL! It does seem odd and deliberate. I doubt its due to a lack of cause, CNBC is in the habit of manufacturing a cause for any move. They are never held accountable for being wrong so its easy to get away with. They just don't seem to want to talk about it.

Anchor: "Shares in Tesla are soaring today because... CEO Elon Musk changed his name to Elon Tusk and tweeted the words 'Some Tesla news'.... ? " (whispering to someone offcamera) "Is that teleprompter right? ... Are you SURE?",
This is actually bullish. Whenever CNBC hyped up TSLA over an analyst upgrade or whatever, it turns out to be a pump and dump. This looks like steady accumulation, FOMO, and capitulation from shorts. Will probably get sold off Friday if the announcement is for Advanced Summon, hoping not

I think shorts are capitulating. Stock is up 10% from Monday AH lows ($283) from SEC news. They might have had enough of this crazy stock lol

People probably piled into the short on the SEC news and with the move up are in a hurry to cover the short term trade. Unlikely to have a longer term effect unless there is news. I'm hoping that the bond repayment will effectively remove a free hedge from many shorts while cleaning up the balance sheet enough to move us higher. But honestly, TSLA has me befuddled. I've given up pretending to know what it will take to move us to where TT007 promised we deserve to be. :(