Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is incredibly reminiscent of LEMUR. What was the market reaction to that? Will need to go back and look.

Elon tweeted "Tomorrow brings a lemur" on Oct 17, 2018. Here's the Google Chart for TSLA for Oct 18: (Vol was 5,401,871 shares)

capture_2018-10-18.png

So yeah, the Market ignored the news. Guess its better to tweet 2 days in advance, wot? ;)

• Helpful
Reactions: Cherry Wine
Elon tweeted "Tomorrow brings a lemur" on Oct 17, 2018. Here's the Google Chart for TSLA for Oct 18: (Vol was 5,401,871 shares)

View attachment 381359
So yeah, the Market ignored the news. Guess its better to tweet 2 days in advance, wot? ;)

I really think that this market movement has almost nothing to do with the announcement. I think it's institutional money wanting to get back into the stock before the bond repayment.

To any institutional investors that bailed back in December and are getting back in now: you're more astute investors than me ;)

Would be a good excuse to merge SpaceX and Tesla.

Elon Tusk on Twitter

Here is a Tweet from 6 days ago. Bringing SpaceX public is a consideration. Perhaps there is a major investor is urging SpaceX to go public, promising to buy many shares? Current $30b valuation is hilariously low imo.

Thanks for the link, I generally miss Elon's replies because I refuse to register for Twitter (waste enuf time as it is).

So Elon's considering ways for retail investors participate in SpaceX? Interesting! He R-E-A-L-L-Y needs to talk with @neroden who knows those ropes very well...

Jus' sayin'. :D

Reactions: anthonyj
Solar may not be the only solution, as (in my region) we’d need 10 times the capacity in the winter versus summer. I used to be pro (uranium and plutionium) nuclear, but since Fukushima I agree that the risks are too great (mind you, I live only 2K km from Tsjernobyl, but you could say ‘that were the Russians’). Besides, plutonium and uranium are not a long term solution as we’d run out in a couple of hundred years. But thorium based nuclear seems to be safe with virtually limitless supply.

In most regions solar capacity factor peaks in summer while wind peaks in winter, so with the optimum mix of wind and solar for your region, the average capacity won't vary so significantly between summer and winter.

We should eventually build battery storage equivalent to 12 to 24 hours of global electricity demand (which will be 2-3x current electricity use once all our energy use is switched to electricity) to even out the short term variability in renewables and provide backup for extended low sun, low wind periods. But lithium batteries are too expensive to store energy for winter and it might be that with a fully renewable grid we still have to turn on gas plants for 10-20% of our electricity use for a few weeks over winter. Longer term, we could replace these gas backup plants with hydrogen that has been produced using clean electricity and stockpiled over the year.

Short term backup battery storage, more interconnected global grids and better AI weather forecasting should allow the vast majority of our energy generation to come from wind and solar, and will give us enough warning to fire up backup power sources on time.

Enough wind, solar and batteries to match 100% of global energy demand should only cost c.$20trn by the way. Instead, as it currently stands in the next 10 years the world is set to spend c.$8trn on fossil fuel capex, c.$55-65trn on fossil fuel energy purchases and $50-100trn on fossil fuel financial, health and environmental subsidies.

Last edited:
Tusk rhymes with Truck, and close spelling. Elephants, like trucks, are also big and can push and move things around. The tusk could also symbolize a truck's tow-hitch.

Elon also mentioned that this was his favorite project, even more so than the Y. Though he did say that it may only be revealed this summer (perhaps with the Y). Maybe not a live reveal tomorrow, but some teaser images and specs and perhaps reveal, production timelines. He may want to stay abreast of the recent developements with Rivian, GM, Amazon, and also Ford. JM2C

Last edited:
We Heard a Tesla Burnt To a Crisp, Leaving Its Charred Husk on a Vermont Lake. So We Walked Out There and Found It. — Popular Mechanics

The timing is so suspicious. Can’t imagine driving over a rock and this fire and story. I read that another Tesla fire in the past was found to have a bullet in the pack suggesting fraud. I’d put my money on the ultimate explanation for this fire some sort of fraud. We may never know....

All of those pesky titanium-plate-puncturing rocks on the surfaces of frozen lakes.... ;)

Oh, I'm sorry, was the argument instead that he hit some metal-puncturing rock en route to the lake, but then merrily kept on driving as if nothing was wrong until the battery spontaneously decided, "Meh, I'm going to ignite now" half an hour later?

I hear the owner has hired a spokesman.

upload_2019-2-28_10-41-41.png