Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Am I thinking what you're thinking? I smell a full size SUV coming with the pickup platform.

giphy.gif

Losing the stores and so the capacity to offer test drives may be a small issue. Hard to gauge. But, has anybody suggested some sort of new test drive referral program. It doesn't have to offer crazy rewards like before. Heck, I'm sure many current owners would be happy to do it for nothing. Tesla certainly has capability to set up such a system via the app or website. It would not be initiated by the owner, but by Tesla, by matching prospective customers with nearby owners.

It is bananas to me that a well known short seller has posted the transcript of the call, and Tesla IR has not released an official transcript or more simply an audio recording.

Every Tesla shareholder should send them a copy of this (potentially doctored) transcript and lodge a complaint.

All investors should have fair access to relevant publicly disclosed information.

Dropbox - Tesla Call Transcript (2.28.19).pdf

Attachments

• screenshot.png
    screenshot.png
    210 KB · Views: 66
Soooo, introducing a long awaited variant of a certain model drops the stock price 8 percent. Whadayafigur. Announce semi production drops it another 20, model Y another 30 and the possible city car maybe another 30. Heck. A few more model and expansion announcements and we’ll be at 10 bucks.

The above, all sarcastic, frustration driven poor humour. Really, I luv Elon and want to have his children except for the fact that

A. I’m too old for him
B. I’m a dude
C. My wife would kick his ass. ( she’s an ex soldier soooo. )

We would love to own a Tesla Model 3 someday but need to wait until this Chademo adapter thing is sorted out. In our province CCS and Chademo are being built out much more widely and rapidly than Supercharger ever will be. Regardless of what we buy and our personal EV needs, we want and need this company and man to succeed.

GiterdunElon.

Cathie Wood selling rips and buying dips in our favorite bankrupt stock
View attachment 381990

Even when ARK Invest was selling rises in Tesla, it remained their #1 holding. Their buying Tesla today may quiet some of those who had been questioning ARK's portfolio rebalancing policy. Here's a video that ARK published on Tuesday.

You got it. Unfortunately, Tesla gets their sales people from the same pool as the other car dealers. Not really Tesla's fault, but what there should be is people who are enthusiastic and knowledgeable. Now some Tesla salespeople are just that, but others are not. A week's training course (or however long it is) just isn't enough.
If Tesla has sales people they should give them a loaner car as part of their compensation. I have been dismayed with how few of the sales people really know the cars. Driving them for a few weeks would remedy that.

Reactions: abasile and jerry33
Was just about to come share that. (But removing Fred's no-source-attribution link and replacing it with the actual source. God, that drives me nuts when sites do that.)

So, we have:
NissanTeslaKey Features
Leaf S Plus $36.5k3 SR $35k226/220 mi EPALeaf SV Plus $38.5k3 SR+ $37k226/240 mi EPA, fog lamps, improved audio (plus leatherette and powered/heated seats in the Tesla)Leaf SL Plus $42.5k3 MR plus AP $43k226/264 mi EPA, leather and heated seats in the Nissan, plus Nissan ProPILOT Assist & other Autopilot-like features

[TR]
[TR] [/TR][/TR]
[TR][TR][TR]

That's... not a very flattering comparison for the Leaf. The Leaf will have the full tax credit for the rest of this year (at least), so it's got that going for it. But I'm hard-pressed to come up with a reason why I'd buy any of those Leaf models over the similarly-priced 3.[/tr][/tr][/tr]
Indeed, especially when buying the Nissan you'd be driving a Leaf, but when you bought a model 3, you'd be driving a Tesla!

The S/X price cuts in particular are negative with no upside.
Not necessarily. It was only a couple of weeks ago numeric battery size was removed. None of us know for sure, could be new battery tech that saves big money, maybe the battery is smaller but motors are now the more efficient DC motors? Things may have changed allowing the S and X prices to be reduced yet the margins the same.

Raise your hand if someone you know has said to you, "Hey, I'm thinking about buying a Tesla" and your response was, "Great, let's go drive to the Tesla store."

I mean, seriously, that's not how it works.

No, you throw them into your car and make their eyes bleed with acceleration. You turn on auto-pilot for them. You go through every cool bell and whistle on the console.

Tesla's will be sold by other Tesla owners. At car shows. At meetups.

I really don't think not having a show-room is some kind of deal breaker.

Moreover, if this lets Tesla undercut the price of all of their competitors, so much the better.

The days when someone would point and gasp on the freeway going, look, it's a Tesla, oh my god, are over. They are ubiquitous. They are everywhere. How hard is it, really, to just ask someone else who owns a Tesla to show off their car?

This doesn't really seem like the giant huge big deal that people are making it out to be.

No. They asked someone who had one (me) and got to experience it first hand and for much longer than a “test drive” as well as asked others about the 3 and X.

People forget that Tesla has quite a large “sales force” with their existing customers. Might look like a bad move right now but we shall see. This may turn out to be fine.
Interestingly this week alone, I have given two test drives to near strangers. One ordered a LR Model 3 this morning, the other likely will order very soon.

So, bonds paid off:

Tesla pays off $920 million convertible bond in cash

Anyone have a link to what a presume is the simultaneous Chapter 14 1/2 bankwuptcy filing? ;)

“Tesla's stock hasn't traded at or above $359 in weeks, which meant the company had to pay in all-cash rather than half-stock and half-cash as it previously intended.”

CITATION NEEDED. Last I heard, this claim effectively came from nowhere at all.

Apparently Tesla Amsterdam is now confirming the 98,300 EUR price for a Model S PErformance ludicrous. To put that in American perspectives, after 20% VAT and 10% import tax this means a comparable US price of $84,000 for a Model S Performance with Ludicrous option. That's pretty much unbelievable. On the US configurator you'll get to $115,000 for exactly the same car. If true, that's a big price cut of nearly 30% off. I have no other explanation than a sever demand issue for the the S and X. Why would Tesla drop the prices that much????

I thought the whole point of Tilburg assembly was to bypass 10% tariff?