Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As was expected from the short-volume data, a lot of the selling in the past few days was done by short sellers:

usrulqhfuqk21.png

TSLA short interest up to almost 27 million shares.

Bloomberg: "The form requires federal employee or contractors seeking clearance to acknowledge any illegal drug use over the previous seven years."

Aspirin is a drug. I've used it. It is not illegal, as is the case with with many other drugs.

More to the point, this a SpaceX concern, not Tesla.
great reply. of course i mean illegal drugs, thanks for the aspirin comparison really helpful.

And yes, weed is an illegal drug as only federal laws count in that case. I know that this is a spaceX issue, but you guys trying to justify him clearly breakng the law is pretty pathetic

doesnt matter where he did it. people with clearance are not allowed to use drugs - end of story. good thing they finally look into it

Where can I register an official TMC petition for a "Yawn" rating for posts such as these?

Isn’t it illegal on a federal level?

Not for long.

Tom Randall on Twitter

"Musk has refiled his SF-86 security form, according to an official, which requires a federal contractor to acknowledge any illegal drug use over the last 7 years. Pot is legal under California law, but not under U.S. federal law."

Tom Randall on Twitter

"Musk has secret-level clearance, and SpaceX is certified to launch military satellites. A SpaceX official says the review hasn't had an impact on the company, and the company has won national security contracts after the incident."

Honestly, any sort of revocation of Elon's clearance after his little stunt would be yet another shining example of this country cutting off its nose to spite its face -- made all the more outrageous by the mockery that has been made of the security clearance process subsequent to the publication of recent news stories.

Good thing? Oh yeah, enforcing a stupid rule is a good thing. o_O That rule is just there to prevent blackmail. If it's public knowledge that isn't a risk.
That's a good part of it. Whenever I see clearances brought up in public forums it is almost always with false claims or misleading information. People seem more swayed by how they wish it worked for their own political ends than the reality. So I can get a bit wound up.

And then you have someone like justvisiting show up. Please just ignore. Being drawn into useless argument is their goal.

him clearly breakng the law

A pretty reasonable legal argument can be made that Elon not inhaling weed once on live TV and then him explaining that he doesn't use marihuana, i.e. pretending to use a drug is legal even under federal law.

For example if someone pretended to hit you in an entirely non-threatening fashion, that obviously wouldn't be assault or battery. :D

Last edited:
Not to be overlooked with v3 is that you don't have to split power on A/B for each slot. It's a bummer, and a time sink, when you're getting a nice rate of charge and then someone pulls in and cuts your charging rate in half.

The more Tesla does to improve the SC network, the more value it has. I wouldn't be surprised if third party EV companies licenses the ability to use the SC network and Tesla either gets a per car royalty, a per charge fee, or both.

Well first of all, I agree that removing the a/b pairing is massive, but it doesn't work as you describe - the first charger on a pair gets priority and the second ramps up kWh as the first one diminishes.

But of course it removes the annoying situation where you're forced to be the second charger on a pair and if you're really unlucky can be stuck on 30kWh for 30 minutes before the other car starts to taper off.

Where can I register an official TMC petition for a "Yawn" rating for posts such as these?

Not for long.

Honestly, any sort of revocation of Elon's clearance after his little stunt would be yet another shining example of this country cutting off its nose to spite its face -- made all the more outrageous by the mockery that has been made of the security clearance process subsequent to the publication of recent news stories.

The entire defense procurement system is a mockery.

Whoever wins the 'competitions' is usually whomever offers the generals presiding over it the best post-retirement consulting gig. Not joking.

It's probably one of the most openly disgusting forms of government graft right after the law that makes it illegal to insider trade ...unless you are a member of congress.

That sounds abnormally low. Cold was mentioned as a possible reason. Another would be, are you always going to the same Supercharger, or always during super-busy times, or paired against another car? Could be a problem with the Supercharger station as well. Third possibility would be your vehicle.

I'd try to rule out cold and Supercharger issues. If you can do that, then I'd talk to Tesla.

If you can identify a date and time when you have the low charing rate, contact Tesla and they'll check the logs as to the reason.

great reply. of course i mean illegal drugs, thanks for the aspirin comparison really helpful.

And yes, weed is an illegal drug as only federal laws count in that case. I know that this is a spaceX issue, but you guys trying to justify him clearly breakng the law is pretty pathetic

What's pathetic is your useless sh!tposting. Go away and never come back.

look at this ding dong moralizing about weed. are you literally 130 years old? if you believe anything you are typing, then it just proves you have never held a clearance, or gone through that process, or known anyone who has.

A pretty reasonable legal argument can be made that Elon not inhaling weed once on live TV and then him explaining that he doesn't use marihuana, i.e. pretending to use a drug is legal even under federal law.
All I saw was him smoking a cigar. I'm guessing any evidence to the contrary is long gone by now.