Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tom Randall on Twitter

"Musk has refiled his SF-86 security form, according to an official, which requires a federal contractor to acknowledge any illegal drug use over the last 7 years. Pot is legal under California law, but not under U.S. federal law."

Tom Randall on Twitter

"Musk has secret-level clearance, and SpaceX is certified to launch military satellites. A SpaceX official says the review hasn't had an impact on the company, and the company has won national security contracts after the incident."

doesnt matter where he did it. people with clearance are not allowed to use drugs - end of story. good thing they finally look into it

Maybe if their CEOs smoked weed like Musk they wouldn't be presiding over countless programs that are billions upon billions over budget and years behind schedule (cough, cough, F-35, SLS, DDG-1000, etc....)

The headline, unsurprisingly, is not what the article says (which is so short it isn't fair to even call it an article). All he is doing is updating his filing. His secret clearance is not in jeopardy. (In a former life I may have done security clearance work and have direct, personal knowledge of how clearances are granted and how -- like with everything else in the government -- anything is waiverable. But even if I have done so, I can't reveal any of the interesting anecdotes to back up what might seem unbelievable. Sorry.)

The headline, unsurprisingly, is not what the article says (which is so short it isn't fair to even call it an article). All he is doing is updating his filing. His secret clearance is not in jeopardy. (In a former life I may have done security clearance work and have direct, personal knowledge of how clearances are granted and how -- like with everything else in the government -- anything is waiverable. But even if I have done so, I can't reveal any of the interesting anecdotes to back up what might seem unbelievable. Sorry.)
Lol. I know. Just pointing out what’s moving the market :)

it's seems magically just before this new report someone dumped a chunk of shares of Tesla... I'm sure the SEC will get right on that too...
th

Also, I think another thing that might be happening is that Tesla is strengthening their legal position in the inevitable lawsuits the dealership associations are going to launch against them.

It would only take a single mystery shopper on such a test drive being helpfully referred to the Tesla store to create a legal link between Service Centers and Tesla's sales activities.

It is a very good defense that a Service Center is not performing any sales if they don't even offer test drives, under any circumstance.

So I agree that it's good that they are not moving test drives to service centers, at least in the U.S.
Offering test drives at service centers shouldn't be a problem in states without asinine anti-Tesla laws.

I assume you are joking. With a production of 400-500k vehicles this year and enough demand to sell them, there should be enough cash to support a modest ad campaign to accelerate transition to EVs, without slowing down any of the other development efforts. Ramping up for Y will cost a lot but am guessing a big piece of that has already been spent, and once they start rolling off the line ...

No and no. You’ll see.

• Helpful
Reactions: Carl Raymond