Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm really getting paranoid when Elon and 'the Rock' start flirting on Twitter and the SEC/judge hearing is nearby.
Especially since Fact Checking suggested the following a while ago...
Screenshot_20190307-210013.png

Random unfocussed status check:

$35k and Supercharger new are both big pieces of the puzzle. Market hasn't seen them as being so as shorts are still able to manipulate. At what point does the rest of the market realise that surely by now, their ability to manipulate the market is as much to do with their historical ability to do it effectively, rather than their actual firepower?
We longs expect them to be able to control almost any positive news which only amplifies their power.

However, if we look through the lens of the Model Y reveal - this will obviously be a huge moment for Elon. The $35k and Supercharger unveils are clearly preparing for the MY reveal to be free of controversy and remove potential negative stories. With 27m shares short - do they have the firepower? I think it comes down to the longs - how much do they/we want this?

<4 wks to production and delivery figures. What is the market expecting?

Assuming that smart longs realise S&P inclusion etc. will happen ~Oct, when will they start buying more seriously? Surely at 274, you are missing out on a massive opportunity by waiting for a 390 breakout.

• Informative
Reactions: Carl Raymond
BTW., this latest drop which started a couple of minutes ago appears to be macro related: there's significant EUR volatility, and both Dow and Nasdaq are hitting daily lows.

EUR/USD is at 1.1180 levels, which is an almost two years low.

Obviously it's Brexit crunch time leading up to March 29, and May's still executing it in a rather risky fashion with a lot of brinkmanship, so "accidental no-deal crash-out Brexit" on March 29 is not entirely off the table.

look at this ding dong moralizing about weed. are you literally 130 years old? if you believe anything you are typing, then it just proves you have never held a clearance, or gone through that process, or known anyone who has.

Technically just visiting is correct.

But when this turns out to be a non-event, the real question is, will “just visiting” turn into “just leaving”?

Reactions: UncaNed
only there to prevent blackmail? yeah sure :-D what a laughable comment
Is that the best you got Mr. Troll?

But when this turns out to be a non-event, the real question is, will “just visiting” turn into “just leaving”?
He isn't. The primary issue around clearances is less about the fact that you did something wrong, and more about if that can be used as leverage against you. Do you think the NSA or CIA gives a crap if you did drugs? No. They just don't want a foreign agent digging up that dirt and using it against you.

Either way his clearance is safe.

so pointing out that Musk has violated the terms of his security clearance is shitposting? interesting how far most of you are willing to bend themselves to keep your idol

It's shitposting because this is a Tesla related forum and his security clearance has little relevance to Tesla. Aside from trolls like you that want to attack the company using anything and everything that has to do with Elon Musk. It's asinine.

But I want to give you a break. I know it's tough being from Germany considering the future prospects of the car industry in your country and the illegal activities of German car companies. It's understandable that you want to let off some steam on a Tesla forum.

correct that a form was filed? I realize that this is a pseudonymous board where anyone can sh!tpost anything which is why I've deleted more drafts than I've actually posted.

This is a singularly non-event and just visiting is -- at best -- misleading about the significance of Elon's "smoking weed." Funny that this was resurrected because it was made clear quite a while back that it had zero impact. And all that has happened is a form was filed (and even that is just alleged).

Nothing to see here, let's talk about things that actually matter.

(also, it's apparently just Secret level we're talking about, which is, at the risk of sounding blase' about national security, not that big of a deal honestly. wake me when he has to undergo a full scope poly)

I received a Secret level clearance in 1968, while I was in the US Army before being sent to Vietnam (see my avatar). That was primarily so I could be informed of the range of a starlight scope, and not reveal that information to others. So I won't tell you what it was. ;)

Last edited:
Question for anyone that might be knowledgeable about this subject. Do you guys think we'll see the introduction of a larger battery pack for Y based on the 2170 cells? Not a big jump or anything but say jump from a 75 battery to an 85(I know the 3 battery is technically larger than 75 but for simplicity sake)? You figure by the time the Y is ready for production, Tesla's cell and pack costs will have gone down even more. What I'm not sure about is if there's room/space to do something like a 85 kw battery pack instead of the 75 one since the Y is based on the 3 platform. Elon said the Y will be about 10% bigger but I would imagine the platform is still the same size as the 3. Given the Y will be less efficient(more weight and higher off the ground), even if they increased the battery pack size by 15-20%, the actual range increase on the top line would only be like 10-15 miles over the 3.

I could also see a larger battery pack introduction for the 3 in 1-1.5 years that takes the top range from 325 to say 350 or 370(the bottom short range gets updated to like 250 range). I feel like now that Tesla has gotten the prices down to where they want.....going forward they can keep prices stable while introducing slight new tech, batteries, etc...Similar to how they continually did S updates for a long time without adjusting the price.

Joe Rogan talking about his Tesla again:

"It doesn’t even make sense. Regular cars are stupid, they’re stupid, they just don’t work as good. That thing is way better than any car I’ve ever driven, and it’s just going to get better. "

"I really did not expect to like it as much as I do. And then once I got it I was like oh ok now I get it."

..."The Prius is a piece of *sugar*, it's like a cheese-wedge on wheels"...

Hey all, just basically became functional for the day and I really don't want to read through a million posts to see if this question has been asked, answered, or if the answer is even known. If the V3 Supercharger can extend the range of a model 3 by 75 miles in 5 minutes, does that mean it can extend by over 200 in 15 minutes? Also, does the size of the battery affect the rate/range of charge (in other words, can an SR charge as fast as an MR or LR)?

While I've skimmed the available info, I must admit I haven't drilled down and I have not as yet found the answers to these questions. I figured one of the geniuses on the board would know...;-)

Last edited:
The shorts are playing a similar game today that they played yesterday. Investors are willing to bid up the price of TSLA, but in the lower volume afternoon hours the shorts are expending the resources necessary to get TSLA to close below the red/green line to prevent any "bounce" from taking place as TSLA turns around. Sooner or later the stock price is going to run up and shorts won't be able to control it, but this is the game underway right now. By the way, this is indeed price manipulation and is illegal, but the SEC continues to look only for fouls committed by one of the two teams in this drama.

Personally, I am dealing with the manipulations by buying some TSLA with trading money at day's end and selling before the afternoon push-down. Fairly soon, the day traders will get smart about the pattern, trade it, and eventually neutralize it, but for now I'm content trading the pattern.

mar7line.jpg