Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I disagree with plenty of @gringotuanis comments and points of view, but there's no need to be dismissive, demeaning, or rude to people. Please take on the serious content and serious ideas that you don't agree with, seriously, and add to the quality of the board for everybody, rather than going for cheap humor points at somebody's expense.
To the board: I know I do instigate a bit much so take my posts with a grain of salt. I enjoy the discussion that ensues though. I want this to be a balanced investors board...not a Tesla cheerleading squad. Don't worry about the comments on my business....I make money while you post here (even if i run a lemonade stand) and if you have never started or run your own business then you are welcome to join that world. Not easy!

Overall no worries from me - I am an arrogant little bastard ;)

But you can't stop the FUD ! Anything can be spun negatively -They are already saying Model Y is being "suddenly" unveiled because they need cash.
maybe try to take some control of the spin they're expecting to have on tap; Perhaps introduce the Y with the kids. Remind the audience who this is all for, be humble, leave the media with nothing to pick at like the vultures they are. Just show America our new favorite, safe for the whole family(even pets!) affordable SUV. I know I can't wait to see it.

The Tesla Semi offers serious competitive advantages, it is earning $100k a year through fuel savings alone per truck, and earlier delivery earns more money.

In colder climates diesel trucks are also pretty expensive to maintain.

Founders Series would be delivered first - while later reservation holders might have to wait a year or more.

Maybe 100k in Europe, semis generally use $50k in fuel in the states. I bet charging it will cost around $10k

I appreciate people defending me from personal attacks. That's interesting you went thru my post history. If you looked at that IQ post you should have also noted that poster on that thread deliberately asked us to state our IQ - not really being fair to me by not mentioning that....

That being said I do enjoy a little instigation to prompt critical thought.
1) I actually was using search for your post criticizing Elon in this thread, when that other quopte popped up in search... so not what you assume. ( I also note you assume I didn't didn't simply read that thread previously... interesting).

B) I think you might want to re-read the OP's opening post in that "Genius" thread... it appears he was neither using the term genius literally, nor inviting an IQ pi$$ing contest

III) Consider yourself "instigated" so as to think critically to if your claims that you'd unequivocally do better than Elon (a guy who's helped build Zip2It, PayPal,SpaceX, Tesla, and The Boring Company... some of those valued in the hundreds of millions or billions), in a role you apparently have no direct experience in, is really something you delude yourself believe in.

The Starhopper:

D1Je9YNX4AAllGO

Could definitely use another layer of wax and buffing.
Maybe my mad paintless dent removal skillz will get me in the door...

Not anymore would be my guess. They walked back on the ambitions of FSD and a substantial part of the capabilities are listed so they'll be able to recognize a substantial part of the revenue immediately.

I believe that’d only be on *new* FSD orders for those who didn’t have EAP. If you already had EAP or FSD before the update to them, then FSD is largely unchanged and no features for it are currently implemented.

Reactions: NateB
SP action today was not what I expect at the start of the week. I was hoping for around 300 today, and 310 by tomorrow or Thursday. I was planning on selling the 320 calls I bought for next Friday before close on 3/14 (climb on the rumor, sell on the news). If they aren't green by Thursday, I will hold them until after the reveal hoping for a pop on Friday. I will sell Friday before time decay really gets me next week.

For the reveal, I hope Elon puts up a slide talking about how Model 3 is the number one selling car in the US (by revenue). Also the safest and with highest customer satisfaction. Then show the size of the SUV market, and talk about what Model Y can do, before the reveal of the vehicle.

maybe try to take some control of the spin they're expecting to have on tap; Perhaps introduce the Y with the kids. Remind the audience who this is all for, be humble, leave the media with nothing to pick at like the vultures they are. Just show America our new favorite, safe for the whole family(even pets!) affordable SUV. I know I can't wait to see it.
The only way to control the spin is to work on the "trend setters" one by one, wine & dine them, treat them like royalty etc. Probably advertise on their media. I don't think EM wants to do that.

Public television and only advertise the mission. Tesla Corporation, accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy. Show high level videos and how Tesla is leading the research drive to eliminate Cobalt from batteries, building batteries to eliminate gas powered peaker plants and solar technology to replace coal plants. The world doesn't need a new vapid Bud light commercial, but sharing the mission and the milestones could help reimage the company. Today, too much of Tesla is about it's wild boss. I personally think that is ok and has been great in making the brand a powerful global icon, but it is also a meme that is used against Tesla. Build a media program that basically rows on the other side of the boat. Let Elon be Elon, but build a brand that represents the solid work behind the enigmatic entrepreneur. I think a lot of SEC pressure and other BS would be harder to stomach from above average news followers, if they did some brand control.
Siemens and other non-consumer facing companies do this all the time.

Ya I agree with you. Most of the replies I see are people talking about the advertisement problem as a cost efficiency problem. "No need to pay money to marketing firms when demand is not a problem." "All media are evil" etc etc. But it is not a demand or cost problem. It was a strategic narrative problem. And I did not mean pay the outfits that have attacked TSLA before. It is a move to dangle a carrot in all of the media so that they can at least stop the negative narrative in hopes of gaining marketing $$$

We agree pretty much that TSLA's stock price is depressed due to the onslaught of media. When every single one of your actions is scrutinized and blasted out to every lawyer and newspaper in town. You get SEC breathing down on your neck.

This is a strategic move to affect stock price. Has nothing to do with the need to advertise. 10 mil is peanuts to waste on strategic moves like these.

This is a strategic move to affect stock price. Has nothing to do with the need to advertise. 10 mil is peanuts to waste on strategic moves like these.
But, instead of advertising on TV - just make ads and put it on Tesla youtube channel. Musk can tweet them out and try to make them go viral.

Just web ads would be better than any TV ad.

Well, let’s see if they can provide a more compelling argument this time around. Pretty lame that they asked for 5 business days after denying Tesla the opportunity for even 1. Strange that they’re suddenly not in such a rush.
Monday the 18th. Perfect day for FUD to counteract the SP rise following the Y reveal.

With the previous SEC actions, I'm only half joking.

Reactions: neroden

“Tesla uses child labor in desperate attempt to push new car and stave off bankruptcy”

Difference between Ohio and California is, when I walk my dog the three block radius walk in my "middle class" (for this area) neighborhood, I pass 3 Midnight Silver Model 3, 1 black Model 3, 1 blue Model 3 and one Dolphin Grey Model S. That's six Tesla's in all. Not to forget 2 Leaf's, 2 Bolts, and one Fiat 500e.

In addition, solar panels abound!

Just means that after the California demand has peaked, there will be Ohio demand yet to come...

The Tesla Semi offers serious competitive advantages, it is earning $100k a year through fuel savings alone per truck, and earlier delivery earns more money.

In colder climates diesel trucks are also pretty expensive to maintain.

Founders Series would be delivered first - while later reservation holders might have to wait a year or more.
Colder climates are not going to be good for an electric semi either. Medium haul with larger carriers is where the first ones will go.

• Funny
Reactions: imherkimer
Cut it out, everyone...../QUOTE]
In fairness to Fred, the difference here is that nobody who ordered FSD before has actually received any part of it yet. We put in a preorder and, before actually releasing the product we preordered, Tesla reduced the price by a lot for people who hadn’t preordered(despite originally telling us we’d have to pay more if we didn’t).

Situation would be a lot different if we’d all been using FSD features for a while before the price cut(in which case, we would have paid more to have it earlier).

Reactions: UncaNed