Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Odd that its taking so long. I know Tesla goes their own way but it would be kind of nice if they could be a bit more like Microsoft or FB and just have the press release ready to go at 1:00PM. Doesn't seem like it would be too challenging, its nice to have time to read the letter and look at the figures before diving straight into the CC...

Just unprofessional, like being 50 minutes late for Autonomy day. I wonder if they're late like that for all their events and meetings.

• Funny
Reactions: neroden and FS_FRA
25yR.gif

• Funny
Reactions: imherkimer
95% of days are charged at home. However, during the remaining 5% of days, you're using the Supercharger several times per day and usually each charge is longer (at least 2x) than a day's charge at home and driving at faster speeds (less efficient), so the actual percentage of Supercharging might be 30% or 40% based on total miles driven. I agree that it is more psychological than real, but when you are born with Nebraskan cheap genes...

Mine are Texan cheap genes, raised in Arkansas, thank you very much. :)

And my usage is way less even than you describe - I think I've only got 1 "road trip" on Hugo so far, where a road trip is more than 2 supercharger stops away from home. (I figure 2 supercharger stops out and back could still be a day trip).

Agree with the idea though, and that's part of the value. If I DO want to hop in Hugo and drive to San Francisco some day, or Miami, the motels and food along the way might kill me on the cost of the trip, but at least the fuel is free(*) that'll get me there.

(*) or at least included in the purchase price