Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are still questioning what is going on after 5 years of this insanity?
We are still trying to see the reason in this insanity?
We still want to believe TSLA is an investment?

Wake up and smell the coffee... TSLA is an ideological battlefield and SP is not showing who is winning.
What is certain is there will be tears and lives lost.
This is what happens when you binge watch Game Of Thrones.

Dan

Edited for BOOMER 19 response:

OK, so that has already been decided for insurance purposes. Good. But, if your interpretation is right, FSD is only worth 5% over AP. Since AP is now standard, the additional cost of FSD (whatever that turns out to be next month) has to be weighed against insurance rate reductions (along with the inherent benefits, of course). 5% is not a very strong incentive.

As I mentioned in the comment you quoted, it already achieved level 3.

Reactions: neroden
So what are the next major catalysts?

Q2 deliveries
Q2 earnings
Q3 deliveries
Q3 earnings
China GF update
Model Y update

I think the SEC will be a non-event at this point since it seems pretty certain to be fines and/or more mechanistic oversight.

Anything else?

Edited for BOOMER 19 response:

OK, so that has already been decided for insurance purposes. Good. But, if your interpretation is right, FSD is only worth 5% over AP. Since AP is now standard, the additional cost of FSD (whatever that turns out to be next month) has to be weighed against insurance rate reductions (along with the inherent benefits, of course). 5% is not a very strong incentive.

i agree and was typing a post similar until i got sidetracked.

15% seems low for level 3 considering the gain in safety. then again...insurance companies

people selling right now must be those who are margin called out (i was stupidly margined on 2 minor positions this week). I cannot understand the sanity of anybody having held shares for the last few months, seeing the progress on model 3, model Y and now FSD updates.. and china GF... and thinking now would be a good time to SELL?
Its herd mentality.
Some very patient rich folks are going to scoop up these shares at a bargain.

also... my god elon was right. This would be SO much easier to run if private.

So what are the next major catalysts?

Q2 deliveries
Q2 earnings
Q3 deliveries
Q3 earnings
China GF update
Model Y update

I think the SEC will be a non-event at this point since it seems pretty certain to be fines and/or more mechanistic oversight.

Anything else?

Unfortunately there really isn't any major potential positive catalysts on the horizon until like june/july....

• Informative
Reactions: UncaNed