Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought it was in the dealer contracts that only dealers could update cars. So they will have to negotiate new contracts with the dealers...
I suspect their OTA updates will involve a slow drive-by a stealership, and a salesman pops up and tosses you a CD with the update enclosed. To make it even more fun for all, it will be advertised as a frisbee contest, with points redeemable for catching accuracy, to be applied to your next oil change. Good times ahead.

This stupid low prediction of share price is encouraging lower price just so that they can swoop on the rise later.... The cars are phenomenally good compared with others. In Australia we are all still waiting to order our Model 3s and when Tesla does long distance overseas deliveries of course it interrupts the normal delivery flow. I think that Morgan Stanley Jonas is just a typical bear talking down the value of the stock.. The other auto manufacturers are all cheering from side lines as their sales decline with the huge impact of European Carbon Tax...

Who knew this. The Putin connection. Morgan Stanley has Russian Bank and consulting business and they diss Musk and Tesla - Russian oil industry exports & SpaceX taking over ISS human cargo.
Who would have guessed

Morgan Stanley to shut down its Russian banking business in first quarter 2020 - Reuters

At the moment, the successful Maxwell merger is more significant to me than the latest tantrum being expressed in the stock price.
I do agree with this statement.

But execution will be vital.

If Tesla go about this in a similar way to the Panasonic coop, GF1 construction, Model 3 automation, EAP/FSD development, communications, price changes, etc, the Maxwell acquisition is basically a pure waste of shares. Might as well onate them to charity. You know, feeding the hungry, ending wars, that sort of thing.

The potential from the Maxwell acquisition seems tremendous. Likely more upside than the whole RoboTaxi deal which is limited and constricted by so many factors. Tesla will need to do way better here. Better than anything we've seen since Model S. This cannot be treated in the same way on any level as any of those other projects. Mess this up and Tesla is looking at a very dire future. Overly costly cells in small supply, that's a great way to end any BEV maker.

Tesla management cannot be allowed to undertake the Maxwell integration like anything they've done in 7 years. Perhaps better hire externals to run it. Or even leave it to Maxwell personnel themselves. They got to think about this in light of their tech for years.
This will need to be done quickly and surgically. Halve cell costs within a year. Make it so.

• Funny
Reactions: neroden and gene

Q1 saw a company go for volume, over price. What will more of the same do to profit?

Frustrating to watch a viable EV company run by someone so head-strong and neglectful. The same conquests he brought this badge were "cheaters" from others. I could say I'm a sample size of one, but the list of issues tempting an exit to yet another just keep growing (lock down, introduced software problems, feature reductions and not enough refresh glitter).

With analyst hat on, the several institutional holders have this stock's fate in hand. We may never deduce where slow BIG execution of sell orders comes from, but the weight on the stock would be a black hole for the rest of us. I've been totally out, since AV Analyst day.

It's on Musk.

However if I was big auto and big oil I would spend $10b to short this to 0. This kind of tech can’t get out.

Yeah for sure. Do not even know why this would be up for debate. Once you discount the fact that climate change means nothing to them and that the little people having a hard time can kiss their ass, why would the masters of trillion dollar industries not spend money (pocket change) to continue their dominance? Does anyone really believe they got where they are by not using their resources to crush the competition?

The only people that would posit otherwise by calling me a conspiracy nut would be...those people in the payroll of the masters of course! Because anyone else, any reasonable person would say, well at the very least this is a strong possibility.

It is not even personal. I am sure they simply have a portion (minuscule) of their annual budget set aside for this type of activity - playing (or owning lol) the media, spreading misinformation, politically attacking possible rivals, promoting their own agenda - and it is business as usual. It probably pales in comparison to their budget for industrial espionage.

All, in the US the Model S price dropped $3k to $75k and the X dropped $2k to $81k. I would think this would drop the stock price more than Adam Jonas' $10 bear case.

I can't say I wasn't expecting this part. I just thought there would be more Model 3s being sold by now. Of course, maybe there are. We shouldn't forget that 24Gwh is confirmed and that allows for production of 90,000 3s a quarter. Sure, probably a few of those are going to Energy and there is a good chance there are other bottlenecks but if batteries were the bottleneck last q it seems like 24Gwh is still an improvement over Q1 rates.

Anyway I never related my anecdote from April. I had my car at the Earth Day event and someone who works for a supplier took a look at it. Anyway he told me they were having trouble keeping up with Tesla production. I was kind of surprised because all I've heard lately is doom and gloom here but it certainly sounds like we can expect more 3s produced in Q2. I'm sure S/X will be a balancing act untill we settle into the new normal there.

Model S/X prices were cut again ?

Just continually cutting prices in hopes of boosting sales shows Tesla has no idea of marketing or brand management. Blindingly cutting prices with no attempt at promotion or advertising to build an image to support sales and maintain pricing will not improve things. It does work that way with luxury purchases.

They will end up just destroying their flagship nameplate and possibly the Tesla brand along with it. Geez.

Q1 saw a company go for volume, over price. What will more of the same do to profit?

Frustrating to watch a viable EV company run by someone so head-strong and neglectful. The same conquests he brought this badge were "cheaters" from others. I could say I'm a sample size of one, but the list of issues tempting an exit to yet another just keep growing (lock down, introduced software problems, feature reductions and not enough refresh glitter).

With analyst hat on, the several institutional holders have this stock's fate in hand. We may never deduce where slow BIG execution of sell orders comes from, but the weight on the stock would be a black hole for the rest of us. I've been totally out, since AV Analyst day.

It's on Musk.

I blame EM for starting a EV company and taking it from 0 to 200

I would blame my self for investing more than 20% in TSLA

This headline is so silly but a predictable scare tactic. Why not report: Morgan Stanley’s bull case is $391?

View attachment 410133

Clown AJ at Morgan Stanley is just hedging and compromising his integrity further for click bait - saying TSLA is going up unless it goes down. WTF is that?

Any one been able to read the tea leaves on how Raven production transition has gone?

However if I was big auto and big oil I would spend $10b to short this to 0. This kind of tech can’t get out.

That won't work. First, at certain level, someone buys a big chunk, then they might get squeezed. Second, companies don't go away after bankruptcy. After restructuring, the business will be back.

At this time big auto and big oil know it's inevitable, the future is EV and robo-taxi. They can delay it a bit, not by much.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: neroden and capster
Are you telling me they just found out at the end of Q1 that the logistics will be tough? Nowhere did I claim that Tesla is simply an incompetent company - quite the contrary. But their guidance is just awful. If you don't recognize that, I guess you are also wondering about why the share price is so low and why analysts and media won't give them the benefit of the doubt...

Indeed, they suck at guidance, they suck at the messages they give out to investors and he markets, and they suck at giving adequate and accurately worded guidance/changes to guidance, which are easily misinterpreted at will.

In fact it's so bad that I really wonder if it's not strategic. I mean I can do a better job, I think most posters in this thread could do a better job too. So it's a real conundrum to me.