Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why is Tesla constantly adjusting the price and FSD price recently? Is it really bad to sell? Buy more at 198+.
The pessimist sees it as a sign that demand is too low.
The optimist may think that Elon tries everything to lift sales above their guidance. With the current price indicating the expectation by the market of sales way below guidance, it may be yet another try to trigger the short burn of the century.

April numbers @2k seems low. Is it because of no inventory/ in-transit vehicles reaching China? Definitely not due to the “fires” which mysteriously started occurring in China and HK after April 21st.

Ah. Using month-over-month numbers is silly, which is why TeslaQ likes to use them. April sales in Europe & China were both limited by the amount of inventory that reached them by the end of Q1.

Registrations in Europe dropped from 15,767 to 3670 (a 77% drop) because that’s all they had left to deliver. Registrations in China only dropped 69% because they had more available to deliver— because they had more Q1 delivery troubles in China than in Europe. If not for the import/delivery issues, the drop off in April would have been even greater— higher March deliveries, lower April deliveries, but the same total either way.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
<$200 now is analogous to <$15 post-IPO in my opinion. This is the only time since 2013 where my mind is at BUY with all caps. After we hit $175 I assumed all chances of big short term gains were gone for good and this was just a long term 10x. Not so much!

Model 3 production is scaled for god's sake. And profitability has been shown.
I'm mostly tapped out, but if we get down to the 180s or so I'll have to find some room.

Why is Tesla constantly adjusting the price and FSD price recently? Is it really bad to sell? Buy more at 198+.
That sort of thing is very transparent with Tesla, but we don't see it in legacy automakers. Go to a local Ford dealership and ask them about the same car in January, March, June, September... there will be any number of different incentives, add ons, price drops going on. In addition a lot of the price fluctuations are handled by dealers so one month that dealer might be giving really thin deals, and the next they might be offering way less.

I received an email from Tesla letting me know several models were available for immediate delivery. While I don't think they are having a demand issue it's obvious to me that we are past the point that every car produced is already spoken for and this was to be expected. I do think it's a good time to think about a advertising push simply to educate buyers about what a Tesla can do. If you take a few minutes out of your day and ask some friends who are not investors about the cars you might be surprised at how little they know, I'd say the average Joe out there has no idea of the range, power and safety features of a Tesla. In many people's minds a EV is slow, has very limited range and is in general not equivalent to a traditional ICE vehicle, something all of us on this forum know not to be the case.

I don't think Tesla needs anywhere near the ad budget of a Ford or GM (nor do they even have the money) but I think some advertising would be wise.

I'm also convinced that unveiling the Model Y so far out was a big mistake .... the SUV format is far more popular than sedans so many are waiting, I'm one of them.

Cheers to the longs ....

You are quite behind. Tesla has announced they match batch built inventory to orders, not the other way around. And months before that announcement, folks in this board already figured that out.

Well...GOOD MORNING!!
I see you woke up on the same side of the bed this morning.
Have a magical DisneyDay! as they say in central Florida.

Dan
Apparently @Anstandswauwau disagrees with my opinion that out friend woke up up on the same side of the bed. Perhaps he feels the other side is more to his liking. Or maybe he disagrees with wishing him a pleasant day.

Couldn't be he takes issue with my sarcasm surely. Sorry that's all I have left Mr. Anstan...whatever you call yourself. My name is Dan by the way. You can have yourself a magical day too!

Dan

Too many misses and reversals, and then add more stuff like the
Car is an Appreciating asset hence let’s increase the price of FSD, then now reducing
It after a few weeks, something is amiss.

“Things are what they appear to be”, said a known philosopher.

I'm confused... I just checked their site and the FSD price is still $6000, the increased amount.

Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
Feeling uneasy about the sustained sub-$200 price. Makes me think we're headed for browner pastures in the near term.

I think that's pretty much the idea, make longs worry and get them to sell. To me it looks like there is some significant support at around these levels, which suggests someone is accumulating big time.

That being said, I just bought more, so it probably will go lower.

Even $196 Broken now without markets calculating in recession. Prins me toch say this but it looks like Elon better starts working out a plan B...

They need a white knight. A partner with a lot of money or a deal that is obviously cash flow positive. Support from a high status ally would help the news flow. Musk needs to cut off the arm to save the body here.

I also think they need to take the time to provide a very accurate summary of their position on robotaxi in a manner that doesn't lead to the impression of 'robotaxis next year for everyone woohoo' because that is just setting up years of bad press while it doesn't happen.