Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
$13b in gross debt is probably close, but most other major automakers have $100+ billion in gross debt.

i am also an investor in VW. They have a lot of debt from their financial services department but they also have the corresponding lease and buyer loan assets. It is dangerous because those assets could depreciate esp. in the event of autonomous vehicles but it is not the same.

Hmmmm... It looks Elon/Tesla might really be pushing for profitability this quarter:

Tesla’s new cost cutting-effort is going all the way down to toilet paper

Outline - Read & annotate without distractions

Fred alert, but I used outline.com to read it, so everyone can reap my work now and not send clicks his way.

Some real cutting-edge journalism from Fred there!

Having read the piece, this is not about corporate Tesla abusing their staff by withholding basic supplies, rather it's about individual teams taking the initiative in cost-cutting: some employees decided to bring their own toilet paper to the office. Others decided to bypass the mandatory detailing of deliverable cars at nearby garages and instead detail the cars themselves, sometimes in their own driveways.

Yeah, I hate this type of employees, so dedicated to the overall mission of the company, processing the message from Elon as it was meant (cut costs wherever possible), and understanding the existential threat, they just make me sick!

What ever became of those ridiculous stories of waste, sewage, and disgruntled employees in the past? It seems like every so often we get those articles, and no one mentions them again.

What sort of company has employees bringing toilet paper from home on purpose? Tesla has 49k employees, maybe they forgot to order extra for one week?

• Funny
Reactions: ZachShahan
Having read the piece, this is not about corporate Tesla abusing their staff by withholding basic supplies, rather it's about individual teams taking the initiative in cost-cutting: some employees decided to bring their own toilet paper to the office.

We have people bring their own even when the company isn't trying to cut costs. (Well maybe they are and that is why the building management company buys such crappy TP.)

700 deliveries are schedules in Q2 for the DeC in Munich alone. 7 DeCs are in Germany some are small others are larger. I predict if all goes well and we do not see supply chain interruptions therefore about +4,000 deliveries in German in Q2 up from 2,600 in Q1. If all goes really bad we may be flat.

Had a longer chat with an employee who did release some information to me. Did sound credible, educated and down to earth. Asked me not to disclose the information come from him.

He drove in Germany in a separate area 45 minutes with FSD and is blown away he said. He worked 19 years for a larger German Automaker which is can narrow down either to Audi or BMW ans said the L3 system they have there cannot even compared to what Tesla has today. Their AP is shifting in the lane brakes too hard and early and accelerates too late and too fast to drive smoothly. They will not catch up ne predicated for following reasons.

Tesla developers right now a solid state battery with a company from Canada that will likely be a game changer and lifts Tesla BEVs on a new level. He did not disclose more although I believe he had much more info.

Maxwell Integration will take time he predicted but did not sound he has details on it and if they did extensive testing as assumed from many.

Roadster 2 will be available in 2 different versions and different designs he said. Not sure how different or if its just the special edition with the boosters.

Pickup truck will be called Model P.

This is fantastic info and thanks for posting it. Seeing as how all of TSLAQ monitors this board and how vindictive they can be, it might be wise to remove any info that could help identify your source. Hate to see anything bad happen to the good guys!

700 deliveries are schedules in Q2 for the DeC in Munich alone. 7 DeCs are in Germany some are small others are larger. I predict if all goes well and we do not see supply chain interruptions therefore about +4,000 deliveries in German in Q2 up from 2,600 in Q1. If all goes really bad we may be flat.

Had a longer chat with an employee who did release some information to me. Did sound credible, educated and down to earth. Asked me not to disclose the information come from him.

He drove in Germany in a separate area 45 minutes with FSD and is blown away he said. He worked 19 years for a larger German Automaker which is can narrow down either to Audi or BMW ans said the L3 system they have there cannot even compared to what Tesla has today. Their AP is shifting in the lane brakes too hard and early and accelerates too late and too fast to drive smoothly. They will not catch up ne predicated for following reasons.

Tesla developers right now a solid state battery with a company from Canada that will likely be a game changer and lifts Tesla BEVs on a new level. He did not disclose more although I believe he had much more info.

Maxwell Integration will take time he predicted but did not sound he has details on it and if they did extensive testing as assumed from many.

Roadster 2 will be available in 2 different versions and different designs he said. Not sure how different or if its just the special edition with the boosters.

Pickup truck will be called Model P.

Interesting info. What’s the timing on that solid state battery pack?

What ever became of those ridiculous stories of waste, sewage, and disgruntled employees in the past? It seems like every so often we get those articles, and no one mentions them again.

What sort of company has employees bringing toilet paper from home on purpose? Tesla has 49k employees, maybe they forgot to order extra for one week?
Dog - Squirrel!.jpg