Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Only thing I can think of is a true $35k model 3? Or this supplier is taking over the output of a different supplier :)

Probably the latter. Read the Digitimes article: CFTC to hike components shipments to Tesla

Parse the first two paragraphs. First this company just makes metal parts that are used in relays that are then used in Model 3s. They sell to the relay manufacturer. And while orders have increased, parsing the text, it isn't necessarily true that the extra relays are for Tesla. The relay manufacturer could just have gotten another big customer for the same part that is used in Model 3s. Or as you said, maybe they just displaced another relay manufacturer. Anyways, there are so many unknowns here, that this is a useless piece of information. Seems that even a manufacturer of small metal parts sends out clickbait PRs with the word Tesla in it.

How can we retail investors ask questions again? What's the website to sign up?

I really want to know the difference between V1-V3 solar roofs, and if V3 is marketable.

We have more and more "solar only" new housing developments popping up in FL around where I live. There's a lot of business to be had and no one is talking about it.

Reactions: neroden

I really want to know the difference between V1-V3 solar roofs, and if V3 is marketable.

We have more and more "solar only" new housing developments popping up in FL around where I live. There's a lot of business to be had and no one is talking about it.

https://www.say.com/

I'm assuming they'll do TSLA Q2'19 earnings, but it's not up yet atm. Hopefully will be added sometime tomorrow.

Reactions: neroden

Starting January 1, 2020, all new homes built in California are required to have solar (with limited exceptions).

So, yeah, would be an excellent time for solar roof to start ramping up ....

California’s Rooftop Solar Mandate Wins Final Approval

I don’t want to be a jinx, but I think we will see level 4 this year. Once there most of the level 5 challenges are practice and proof. Miles will be piling up very fast and the system will improve more rapidly. Most highway situations are working now and traffic visualization is proceeding well pre neural network. The neural network will add to communication and cloud costs, so I’d guess they won’t roll out widely until it’s ready. Expect an S curve of digital proportions. Progress will be a slow march, followed by an amazing invisible sprint.

Chad Mortensen on Twitter

Yes, EV-CPO is notorious for stricyly following what Tesla wants to show and that is only a very limited selection of what is available. Move to any of the other trackers to get a better feel for inventory. But I must admit that I don't really follow Switzerland. Being out of the EU zone may make a difference? Over here, it's fairly trivial to get a car delivered next week if you order this week. For example the last delivery report in the Dutch subsection is from a guy who ordered July 5th and will pick up tomorrow for a blue AWD with hitch.

Is tow hitch the sticking point?

edit : worldwide there are about 15 000 Model 3s in inventory.

So, ev-cpo undercounts. Fine.

tesla-inventory.teslastats.no gives 1214 + 224 + 186 + 84 + 115 + 37 + 16 + 68 + 153 + 45 + 191 + 68 + 38 + 56 + 51 + 283 === 2829

Where the hell are you getting 15,000? You're just wrong.

This is very infrequent, so if someone were to start a business they would have to charge an amount that no one would pay. Tesla's display has so many warnings and so much information about how much you have left, that you really have to work at it to get into trouble. It even tells you not to exceed a certain speed to make it to your destination.

Despite which I know someone who ran her Model X down to zero and needed a tow because she was being an idiot.

It's basically the equivalent of people who need AAA to bring them a can of gas. 99% of people probably never ever need this, and 1% just run until they're empty for some stupid reason. Eventually AAA will have battery chargers for this group of people, which is not a big market.

So, ev-cpo undercounts. Fine.

tesla-inventory.teslastats.no gives 1214 + 224 + 186 + 84 + 115 + 37 + 16 + 68 + 153 + 45 + 191 + 68 + 38 + 56 + 51 + 283 === 2829

Where the hell are you getting 15,000? You're just wrong.
At the end of Q2 3 inventory was 14,867. Probably what OP is referring to.

My guess is Tesla puts on the site only VINs that can't be matched to an existing order - and has been shipped to a particular sales center.

Despite which I know someone who ran her Model X down to zero and needed a tow because she was being an idiot.

It's basically the equivalent of people who need AAA to bring them a can of gas. 99% of people probably never ever need this, and 1% just run until they're empty for some stupid reason. Eventually AAA will have battery chargers for this group of people, which is not a big market.

Ask and it shall be done.

aaa-charging-truck.png

That's fascinating. Two thoughts:
(1) if it's a discretionary choice of when to release, they usually release early on good news and later on bad news (perhaps to give them time to figure out what to say)
(2) if the time of release is non-discretionary, this means their accounting system is getting better at closing the books for a quarter more quickly after the end of the quarter.