Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
P100D+ ... I’m liking this a lot. First “+” Tesla since the P85+, my first Tesla. It had beefed up suspension, staggered tires, and drove much tighter than the standard P85. Now I’m enjoying a P3D with Track mode, etc.

Imagine combining the best of both - 2.4s 0-60 speed, active suspension, Track Mode with stiffer suspension and active cooling, and big sticky tires - salivating just thinking about it.

No doubt the Laguna Seca video tomorrow will be of the P100D+, and yes this version is bound to be released very very soon. $20K more than a current P100D and it’ll be a steal vs. the Taycan.

The real Porsche killer...
Sell them for 150,000 and announce only 1000 will be available. There could be a P120D in a year or two, but this would give them a car with limited edition appeal exclusivity that the Porsche would normally have in its own.

Wahhh Ewon I thought u were reserving Pwaid for my two fwee woadsters wahhh
6CFC30AA-EC7A-4983-A412-893C58D2F757.jpeg

Porsche says it has 30k Taycan reservations and half own a Tesla.

1000 is way too little.
I wonder if the Taycan reservation deposit is refundable? Assuming the P100D+ beats the Taycan's time, there's really no other objective reason to choose the Taycan over the Tesla. After being bettered in:
  • Efficiency
  • Range
  • Quickness
  • Speed
  • Storage
  • Charging infrastructure
  • Price
  • Value
all that was left was Trackability. If that's now ceded to Tesla, all that leaves is aesthetics and F&F. And those are arguably subjective.
This would be a major blow to Germany's premier sports sedan being smoked by an American luxury 5 passenger touring sedan in every category that matters.

I wonder if the Taycan reservation deposit is refundable? Assuming the P100D+ beats the Taycan's time, there's really no other objective reason to choose the Taycan over the Tesla. After being bettered in:
  • Efficiency
  • Range
  • Quickness
  • Speed
  • Storage
  • Charging infrastructure
  • Price
  • Value
all that was left was Trackability. If that's now ceded to Tesla, all that leaves is aesthetics and F&F. And those are arguably subjective.
This would be a major blow to Germany's premier sports sedan being smoked by an American luxury 5 passenger touring sedan in every category that matters.
I keep telling you guys, der smoking package!

Last edited:
We lapped Laguna Seca
@WeatherTechRcwy
in 1:36.555 during advanced R&D testing of our Model S Plaid powertrain and chassis prototype (That’s a second faster than the record for a four-door sedan)

A member of the Tesla development team (amateur driver)

The impressive thing is that they casually broke the previous record during during R&D testing by an amateur driver. Just wait until they have the final product and professional driver trying risky record breaking attempts.

RBC just gave TSLA a sell rating $190 PT
RBC Capital analyst Joseph Spak reiterated an Underperform rating and $190.00 price target on Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA) after hosting an investor meeting with investor relations and taking a tour of Gigafactory 1 in Sparks, NV.

As with most IR meetings, this one seemed to offer no new meaningful financial information but the analyst stated "The tour gave us greater appreciation for the complexity and challenges involved in making the “guts” of an electric vehicle. Tesla stressed the improved efficiency from the depths of earlier production issues. For instance, they seemed particularly pleased with the new Grohmann pack assembly line. However, they have also gone to more manual labor on certain elements vs. initial automation plans. It does appear that further efficiency gains are still possible".

September 10, 2019 6:56 AM EDT

RBC just gave TSLA a sell rating $190 PT

RBC downgraded TSLA to Underperform (Sell) back in January and lowered the price target to $190 in May. Its clients are long out of TSLA or already short, so the effect should be negligible.

In fact their note reiterating their opinion was published yesterday before the market opening, then the share price rose nicely both yesterday and today.

Last edited: