Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Look at today's TSLA chart. If you have one-minute intervals, do you see a spike down at 11:28 am to $244.05 (from $247.65)? I saw this a few days ago and am beginning to think it might be the "whack-a-mole" code for those in on the manipulation game to sell starting 10 minutes later. Now that I've said it, they will probably change their game because this would be illegal collusion.

• Informative
Reactions: UncaNed
Look at today's TSLA chart. If you have one-minute intervals, do you see a spike down at 11:28 am to $244.05 (from $247.65)? I saw this a few days ago and am beginning to think it might be the "whack-a-mole" code for those in on the manipulation game to sell starting 10 minutes later. Now that I've said it, they will probably change their game because this would be illegal collusion.

Macros. It's even more dramatic in NASDAQ. See the discussion above.

Maybe they saw your post, realized we're onto them, they issued some sort of "ABORT" code.

You might have saved the day for us!

I don't think Aramco, by buying into Tesla, would have raised the value of oil. Quite the opposite. Are you thinking people would have assumed they were buying into Tesla to bring them down? I doubt the market would have interpreted it that way.

Personally, I think the three Tesla models are such outstanding vehicles that the cat is out of the bag and there is no bringing them down. If they don't make it it would be due to colossal internal mistakes. While everyone makes mistakes, and Tesla is no exception, the fact that they have avoided the really big mistakes that would/should have caused them to fail already inspires a lot of confidence going forward.

Sure, everyone and their brother can point to some of Musk's tweets, etc. and claim they could have done it soooo much better, but look at the results today. They got the cars right and the quality is really astounding. The Model 3 has not a single recall after almost two years of production. Almost unheard of, especially for a car that is not just recycled from an earlier proven model. And production just keeps ramping. You would think TSLAQ$ would just admit they were wrong.

OK, just dreaming on that last point. :cool:
It wouldn’t have directly raised the price of oil if Aramco bought a portion of Tesla. It’s the optics. People would feel diversification into electric vehicles as a sign that there will be an end to oil and that even the largest oil producing company/country knows this. This would have artificially raised the price of oil.

The market for oil and tesla stocks is just optics and not about reality. When the world starts migrating to electric vehicles there will definitely be a time when they won’t be able to give away gasoline. About six months ago there was a big push from oil companies advertising on open TV about how their oil is used to make plastics and other products.

I'm confused. I don't remember that post from me (if it's from me, surely it was ancient), and secondly, the link in the quote doesn't go to a post that says that.

Apologies, I should read my posts more carefully. That happens when I previously was going to reply to one of your posts, then abandon it. Then, when I go to reply to someone else it adds in the wrong attribution.

Note to self: Always review my posts!

• Helpful
Reactions: humbaba and mongo
I don't know what that means, and even googling it didn't help. The drop was definitely macros, not Tesla, though... that's good.
"Trump administration officials are discussing ways to limit U.S. investors’ portfolio flows into China in a move that would have repercussions for billions of dollars in investment pegged to major indexes, according to people familiar with the internal deliberations, Bloomberg News reports."

"Trump administration officials are discussing ways to limit U.S. investors’ portfolio flows into China in a move that would have repercussions for billions of dollars in investment pegged to major indexes, according to people familiar with the internal deliberations, Bloomberg News reports."
Just a distraction to shift topic away from Ukraine phone call

Latest short conspiracy theory ;)

Riku Mattila on Twitter

upload_2019-9-27_16-4-48.png

Last edited:
To get it to download do what I did.

Stand on your left foot with your right foot at least 4 inches but no more than six inches off the ground.
Recite the alphabet backwards six times.
If you don't make any errors the download should start within the hour.
Done and done. The clock is counting down on that hour :eek::eek::eek:
I'm really disappointed in you @HG Wells -- I did it exactly. I stood on my right foot with left foot never between 4 and 6 inches from the ground and recited the alphabet backwards seven times and nothing happened. You are shaking my faith in the Holy Elon Musk and his beneficent plan to relieve the masses of the drudgery of every day driving tasks.

That's it, the last straw. I've sold all of my $TSLA shares and purchased $NIO. Its a bargain, I can't understand why everyone doesn't do it: I just multiplied my investment by x137 shares!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Ok, this is a dream but....
can you imagine if Elon's mail actually sandbagged the numbers and he wants the team to give everything to reach 115-120k? Can you imagine how much that would screw the shorts?

I know, I know, I'm daydreaming.

I would believe this theory if you had said 108-110K but the increase in production to reach 115-120K would be too astounding to seriously consider. Even 108-110K would be like lighting a falcon heavy under the share price. I don't expect this but every awake investor needs to factor into the possibility (however slight) into their equations. I'll agree, Musk does seem like the cat who just ate the bird lately - so who knows?

Bloomberg - Are you a robot? (us china trade war latest us weighs limits on portfolio inflows).The White House probably just wants to increase the pressure on the Chinese. Or whatever.

From the article:

The discussions are occurring as Washington and Beijing negotiate a potential truce in their trade war that’s rattled the world’s two biggest economies and investors for more than a year. They also come as China is removing limits on foreign investment in its financial markets. A U.S. crackdown on capital flows would therefore expose a new pressure point in the economic dispute and cause disruption well beyond the hundreds of billions in tariffs the two sides have levied against each other.

I really do hope people are getting just as tired of this bullshit as I am. This administration is a joke.

The internet really is a double-edged sword.