Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
so the update finally warped into my Tesla and it is... v10.0? Given that 10.2 is already out that is a little disappointing, but the kicker is that the app said my car had been removed from my account (WTF!) and now rejects all login attempts for my account (alternates between bad password/account and server unavailable).

Based on what I've read, it seems that 10.2 is for S and X owners. They apparently got stuck in a download loop for 10.1, so 10.2 was issued to fix the download loop.

Amazing timing ...
(apologies for the formatting, on mobile)

Tesla unfairly fought union organizing and must reimburse employees, judge finds

https://finance.yahoo.com/m/42eecc8b-e68d-3dad-bb43-00508dd92c7b/tesla-unfairly-fought-union.html

Unsurprising outcome. The judge was likely quite aware of UAW methods, and how they were being employed against Tesla. But the UAW was not the party on trial. In any event, Tesla and Musk were hardly even given slaps on the wrists. Traders apparently realize this, hence no punishment in the after hours market.

Last edited:
FYI, my V10 upgrade was amazing! I already had accounts for hulu, Netflix, and Spotify. So basic logins and poof... I'm watching a recording from CBS and switching to live. (I did the 2-thumb reboot first thing, then I got kicked out but logged right back in fine - lucky there).

Adv Summon was quick to back out of spots (I think it's always ready) made it 4/4 times to various destinations, including Intel parking lot and main road on campus (nice). Stops and thinks a lot, gets close to things on some turns, and ignores speed bumps still. But WOW, seems quite stable. I'm on AP 2.5, LR M3.

AP in general is really solid. Starts faster at lights, cars not spinning anymore. This is a lot of technology for one day... I had to take a nap, but going out again. Public is blown away too.

Although the SP only held against the overall drop today, these V10 features are sure to put a HUGE backlog on the books. Words gonna travel very fast. I'd be amazed if it doesn't hit evening news (but also not holding my breath).

GREAT JOB TESLA, Thanks!
20190927_131831.jpg

v10 "Come to Me" -- meh (for me)

My house is not ideal for this. The driveway is narrower than the carport and is "right aligned". Unfortunately, the ground floor has a two foot height advantage so there is a stair on the right side. So to enter the car port you have to be on the right and cut to the left, and then back to the right. Its definitely awkward, but also do-able for a human (I've been navigating it for more than a decade now).

Depending on how the car is lined up, summon can sometimes get in and out of the car port, but only just. The jog to the left exiting it isn't something that it can handle, and the slope has an inflection at that point that breaks things even further. That said, I have gotten it down to the main part of the drive from where it could readily reach the street. (Why would I do that? Washing the car -- summon is handy for moving it.)

But "Come to Me" is even less able to exit the car port and completely unable to enter it -- it is perpetually waiting for the path to clear. The overhead display is just messy so I can't tell from it, but my bet is that it sees the stairs as an impassable obstruction and is waiting for them to move out of the way.

This makes "Come to Me" seem much more cautious than the old summon fwd/rev functionality. Presumably because, as others here have observed, it is using the FSD engine to navigate. So while there is space to go in and out it is fairly tight and I expect that FSD feels too constrained and is unwilling to try. It also is constrained by running on HW2.5 which may be further inhibiting its ability to navigate -- but I'm hoping that gets fixed Monday :)

@SOULPEDL: wow, that sounds good!. Now I've got to take it for a spin to try out autopilot. Oh, the torture! :)

That supports something that I noticed then:

View attachment 459882
View attachment 459885

2018:
Q1 < Q2 < Q3 < Q4

2019:
Q1 < Q2 < Q3 ...

Even the growth ratios appear similar (although people are now being pushed away from expensive vehicles like S and X). Overall sales would surely have gone way back down to Q1 if not for the Model3. It looks like can expect to keep seeing a cyclic pattern like this, so long as EVs remain much cheaper to operate than ICEs, but the cost of owning the EV changes at the start of each year.

The Netherlands To Phase Out BiK Tax Incentive For EVs By 2026

Thought..
As RORO heads into English Channel ... could a expert Prep team board the ship, work on all the cars in the Ship itself. At port there will be less work -- might save a few days for EOQ deliveries ;) .. or does Tesla already do this?
I don't think Maritime safety regulations would allow workers to be amongst the vehicles while they are underway. One bad list to starboard and you're headed to hospital in port. :oops:

There is now four more Tesla at the secured garage I park at. I think my broken window was just the Christening the place needed for the perpertrator to let off steam and save the others from the same fate.

The reality where tesla gets as common as a camry or a honda is getting closer. I am hoping to be just left in peace after.

v10 did have one surprise for me: they are getting closer to support for Arabic and Hebrew -- instead of displaying .notdef for each character it actually shows the letters. Unfortunately, it can't handle composition, nor does it do right to left. But it's something! And also nothing I recall Tesla saying they supported or were working on.

• Informative
Reactions: hobbes and JusRelax
I don't think Maritime safety regulations would allow workers to be amongst the vehicles while they are underway. One bad list to starboard and you're headed to hospital in port. :oops:

Been wondering about how cars are secured to deck floor. I assume there’s some form of clamp/tie-down/chain on the wheels. Anybody know?

It’s important for when they go full AI autonomous boat loading/unloading. Will it remove all labour, or just a portion? If tie-down is laborious, then next challenge is to design an autonomous way to achieve it.

Train spot to do it?