Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

UBER should not be worth more than TSLA. $51B vs $43B.

upload_2019-9-27_19-18-43.png

I guess if you hire Mr Rogers as the analyst in the neighborhood then you can expect some child-like analysis. In this case he forgot the '0' at the end of his TSLA valuation. Should be about $430B...........literally.

Maybe we should all chip in and by Ross a nice new red sweater for Christmas this year:
images

Not advice, and I’m not about to invest myself. But I feel like the Chinese government would be both capable and interested in bailing out the “Tesla of china”
Had the same thought, considering buying it soon for this reason. Vaguely reminds me of ~2012 when Netflix dropped bigly and I considered buying but didn't. It recovered incredibly. Nio may well get bailed out.

Been wondering about how cars are secured to deck floor. I assume there’s some form of clamp/tie-down/chain on the wheels. Anybody know?

It’s important for when they go full AI autonomous boat loading/unloading. Will it remove all labour, or just a portion? If tie-down is laborious, then next challenge is to design an autonomous way to achieve it.

Train spot to do it?

Hmm. Found one vid showing a single tie down point, the towing bracket, using two straps. Quite labour intensive. Eliminating drivers would still be slow and use a big team.

And a second vid showing why single tie down isn’t always enough.

You should mention that Tesla's self-designed FSD computer is less expensive than the nVidia-based hdw it replaces. Yes, its 21x faster and it SAVES Tesla $$$ to switch computers.

That’s true for vehicles since March/April. For upgrading cars before that, Tesla takes a hit to FCF without recognizing revenue until FSD works.

More importantly: is smart summon the first version of Tesla autonomy, and is everyone training autonomy by using it?

Last edited:
Not to mention AP still has issues lane keeping in situations obvious to a human.

Not to mention that many humans lapse into a state where the human has issues staying within the lane where the AP would have no problem.

The bottom line is an alert and experienced human will be better than a machine for some time. But machines are approaching the point where they will be safer than the AVERAGE real human. Each has its own weaknesses in the real world.

Reactions: VValleyEV
First accident on Smart Summon:

David F Guajardo on Twitter

The other car is clearly at fault. But don't expect that to stop the shorts or the media from hyping it up.

ED: Best comment I've seen: "If [the other driver] had Smart Summon, it wouldn’t have happened."

The Tesla not only had the right-of-way, but it was at a complete stop just before the impact. And it didn't do anything too abruptly. This illustrates how bad human drivers are overall.

First accident on Smart Summon:

David F Guajardo on Twitter

The other car is clearly at fault. But don't expect that to stop the shorts or the media from hyping it up.

ED: Best comment I've seen: "If [the other driver] had Smart Summon, it wouldn’t have happened."

The Lexus driver is at fault here for sure.
But, there’s a chance the accident could have been avoided had the Tesla car honked. I bet most car drivers in that situation would have honked when that Lexus was coming out. Instead the Tesla just stopped and did nothing. Stood there silently, almost waiting for it to be hit.

Their blocking is their own worst enemy. Who wants to live in a bubble?

Temporary bans if someone is just trolling, sure. Permanent if they keep repeating the offense. But if they're trying to engage in discussion...
They're paid to push an unchallenged narrative. It's better to block any contradiction or dissension than argue with it.

• Disagree
Reactions: bhzmark
Bollinger unveils new B1/B2 electric utility truck and pickup - Electrek

614 Horsepower​

Cool!

100 MPH Top Speed​

Ugh that's very low, will struggle on the Autobahn and wont get below 10:00 on the Nürburgring, must be limited by something??

Oh, never mind:

Bollinger-B2-3_4-Front-lead.jpg

Bollinger was clearly trying to save costs by completely eliminating the aero design team.

Also, they should not expect a top score for NCAP and IIHS "pedestrian protection" either - that front is more like a freight train than a modern curved car front that gives pedestrians a chance of survival...

Surprised there is so much pushback on this here. I love it. This one more that the pickup:
Bollinger-B1-Side.jpg

The dash is a beautiful work of art to my eyes:
Bollinger-Dash.jpg

However, I won't be buying.

Here is Linette Lopez's appearance on the Sep 27 edition of Overtime (Panel Q&A) on "Realtime with Bill Maher". Linette's question begins at 2:00 into this video. I thought she spoke well. Worth listening to the segment IMO (adult language alert), discusses income inequality, trade with China, re-election prospects and strategy, and her recent closed door with Wall St suits and VP Mike Pence.

• Informative
Reactions: SpaceCash