Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think the "used" is chronological past tense:

Twitter

"The final configuration used at Nürburgring to set the record will go into production around summer 2020, so this is not merely for the track"​
Anybody noticed how this statement killed the Porsche speculation that track time won't matter, because prototype won't be mass-produced?

Also, since this moves production up, seems it might come out at the same time with Taycan, not later? I forgot their projected date, but seems awfully close.

New Carsonight info/leak from GF1:

Disqus - Tesla is rapidly moving to build ‘battery factory’ in China, report says

"I have it on good authority that GF1 is ramping up to 10k batteries per week. In China, initial production of 3k per week will be batteries from GF1."​

What? China initial 3k/week?
But there's only 3k glass total till the end of year and imports don't make sense. Right? RIGHT?

The shorts will continue to be able to make their mischief until more money goes long on Tesla. This morning was a good example of the need for more long players. The SP shoots up well over 260, but there is just no big volume spike associated with that. Just a little more volume would have kept it going, and then the momentum players would have piled on.

But we are getting very close. The shorts are having to pay a lot for their manipulations the last few weeks. I don't know whether the Q3 numbers will do the trick, but it could be just about any positive news, at any time now, that opens the eyes of bigger money to the opportunity for profit on the long side.

• Helpful
Reactions: Curt Renz
Hope this story blows up. Some leaked images and 8mins of videos of those monkeys, dogs and cats that VW are using to test their ”clean diesel”:
Monkeys scream out in pain in secret footage recorded at 'German lab' | Metro News

This is from the same company that makes a vegan car with leather manual...

Guys, while - hopefully - everyone agrees that what VW did here is despicable, and the undercover German lab video is super disturbing and tragic, important to note, that we have two different videos in this post.

The first red link leads to a news article about the German lab. Currently the evidence shows those 2014 VW animal test were actually done in a US lab, not in Germany so, while horrific material, this video has nothing to do with VW.

The second video embedded in the post, that falsely claims "VW animal testing" is clearly what they would call a "dramatization" or reenactment. This could be for a documentary or a show like 60 Minutes or Dateline. If this was some "leaked footage" from the actual VW animal tests, you'd either have surveillance camera footage from the lab, or a camera on a tripod documenting the test. Instead you have cinematic shots and camera pans and artistic/weird angles showing what appears to be a made-for-tv drama budget sets. It's fake as in someone (not our member, but the Youtube poster) is trying to sell it as leaked footage of the VW tests.

....and here comes the big push to mitigate short losses on the day?

Dan

They were only able to get TSLA to briefly move slightly into the red, before giving up on the ability to keep it there. The alleged manipulators now appear to be covering their shorts, leaving day traders who followed them to hold the bag.

I don't think the "used" is chronological past tense:

Twitter

"The final configuration used at Nürburgring to set the record will go into production around summer 2020, so this is not merely for the track"​

Anybody noticed how this statement killed the Porsche speculation that track time won't matter, because prototype won't be mass-produced?

Not only did I notice, but I believe that was Elon's exact intention with the tweet.

upload_2019-10-16_15-8-34.jpeg

Looks like Tesla finally wised up so they won’t have to discount 2019 models in early 2020.

From a Reddit/Twitter post.

Twitter

How many Americas are using smart-phones built in the USA?

I can't talk of Android devices, but Apple stuff has an exceptional build-quality.

As discussed a year-or-so back, it's not where it's built, but rather who's controlling/overseeing the manufacturing processes and the QA.
I'll be happy when we finally cross over 269, since that's the price I first bought my TSLA back in March.

I'll probably buy more stocks to celebrate!
My average SP is about 262 so watching this waffling around there is painful.