Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is why TSLA went up yesterday, finish installing today:D Once powered up, stock should continue to rise.:rolleyes:

View attachment 469867
Looks like a mount for a wide screen TV. What has this to do with TSLA?? Not that it's any more OT than half of what gets posted in this forum...

Though I totally appreciate the value in seeing the knights who say "Ni" in HD...

Uh oh! Recall! 89 Model 3s. This is a catastrophe. Shorts finally get the break they've been hoping for.
I forget, was it BMW that just had a recall for every vehicle they've made in something like the last five years? I can't seem to find that so memory might be bad, but:

• April: BMW added 185,000 vehicles to a 2017 recall for engine fires [1] ... and here I thought vehicles burning up was a Tesla exclusive
  • Last October: BMW recalled charge cords for 2018/2019 plug-in vehicles affecting 3500 cars [2]
  • September: BMW recalling 2019 i3 and i8 models (no mention of number affected) [3]
  • October: BMW involved in recall of 257,481 cars for backup cameras [4]

I think the last was the one I was thinking of. For Tesla that would be a simple OTA update...

Somehow I'm guessing that all of those recalls had no noticeable effect on BMW's stock price though if I'm wrong please correct me.

1) BMW engine-fire recall expands by another 185,000 vehicles
2) BMW recalls chargers for 2018, 2019 plug-in models
3) BMW recall issued for 2019 i3 and i8 models
4) BMW to recall over 40 Models for rear view camera issue

89 Recalls for 89 warning information tags! How much is this going to cost them?!?! SHORT SHORT SHORT!

View attachment 469907

Hey hey hey. Those warning stickers save people's lives! I mean, EVERYONE reads them, surely you know that. It's not like people take them off for ascetic reasons. I mean, how can they validate the 5 star impact rating with out the sticker? /s

The whole scenario is a bit weird though, with 6+ billion dollars of cash and cash equivalents in the bank and growing, why would banks even approach Tesla?

They don't need the cash and are very capital efficient: they are expanding Model 3 and Y production capacity by ~50% from just $0.5b of capex.

Also, why would Tesla management even comment on short sellers in that financing context - whom the SEC considers a protected class of investors.

I.e. Gasparino might just be trying to troll the SEC into investigating or so ...

Bankers are always coming in. That's their job.

Sometimes to talk about capital raise - lets say Elon wants to expand new GF faster. Sometimes to talk about other items (e.g., solar financing), sometimes to talk about acquisitions. Bascially anything, they don't care as long as their is a commission.

I forget, was it BMW that just had a recall for every vehicle they've made in something like the last five years? I can't seem to find that so memory might be bad, but:

• April: BMW added 185,000 vehicles to a 2017 recall for engine fires [1] ... and here I thought vehicles burning up was a Tesla exclusive
  • Last October: BMW recalled charge cords for 2018/2019 plug-in vehicles affecting 3500 cars [2]
  • September: BMW recalling 2019 i3 and i8 models (no mention of number affected) [3]

I think the last was the one I was thinking of. For Tesla that would be a simple OTA update...

Somehow I'm guessing that all of those recalls had no noticeable effect on BMW's stock price though if I'm wrong please correct me.

Yeah. I think there is a technical term for this: total recall. :p

Yep, the risk gets transferred to Tesla. That is a big, big deal for Tesla and its shareholders
What? The risk doesn't get transferred to Tesla. Either a troll comment (hey we are on investing) or a complete lack of understanding. The risk is eliminated. If you believe this happens the place to look for impact is autobody repair and salvage...they will get crushed.

• Disagree
Reactions: immunogold
What, exactly, makes you believe it will be a bigger liability than covering people driving?

Its perception, the first autonomous car that takes out a family on vacation and is splashed across 60 minutes in primetime, liability will go through the roof.

Let me put it another way, say you are injured by an autonomous car accident, your lawyer is going for the jugular, and if Tesla is maker of the vehicle, so be it.

In our litigious society, I don't think Tesla's competitors will be in a rush to roll out FSD, they fear the liability.

My trading account turned green at $308. So relieved.

$308 was my average too until a few months ago. But I've kept buying all the way down, with the last buy at $182, and my average is $240 now. It's nice to finally have a big cushion under my position. You will hopefully soon have that big cushion too.

Kinda OT... But this was massively under-reported. In my office of 400 people, most with BMW's had the recall after a while (which took weeks of work each), 1 car exploded on the drive home (written off, happened before it was recalled) and one car had a small engine fire due to the fault (was before it was recalled, only minor damage, he was lucky). Upsets me to see that happening around me then someone joke about Tesla quality <sigh>