Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IDK, the short selling yesterday was marked at 54%, which of the shares sold yesterday, is something like 15 million shares shorted. That's a lot of shorting after such a good earnings call.
FINRA only reported on 37% of yesterday's total volume ( 11,040,638 / 29,819,230 ).

There's a lot of trading going on unreported behind the scenes.

P.S. 9.5m shares traded in the first 2 hrs of todays' session.

I think we'll see stepped buying pressure.

Big buy causing a quick spike, leveling, gradual drop, followed by another spike...as the biggies accumulate. I think that's a telltale sign, right?

This is the kind of event that big investors who don't care about Tesla and their mission will pile onto to make some money. That's why I said I'd be buying still at $300 if I were not fully loaded already. So, yes, I agree. Because look at the chart, anyone can see it's not going down, it's going up. o_O

But you can bet the manipulators will be taking targeted action every step of the way to try to dampen the upside. But they have definitely lost thhe kind of control they had yesterday when they were successfully keeping it to $300. That was an expensive exercise but apparently, they have a lot of money. Just know that it's less today than it was yesterday (and so on).

Anyone knows how margin call works?

Will they be given a few days to come up with extra deposits or would it be force covered immediately without warning?

Is there any difference in handling big accounts vs. small retail?

Hmmm.

TSLAQ might explain it better since they are the expert in that area.

train.gif

Is advise...

I'm just guessing wildly like everyone else here, but I did use a little play money to buy some deep OTM calls expiring today. That's the kind of foolish bet I never do, and I fully expect to lose all that play money in a few hours, but c'mon, this is not normal trading we are witnessing. It does seem like anything could happen this afternoon.

Reactions: StealthP3D