Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, only 33k estimated? That's a lot cheaper than I was expecting. Admittedly, the parameters are unknown from the screen shot image, so it could be the basic Bollinger roof, but still.

Be sure to turn incentives off.

But yes, for a product that's instead of a roof, not on top of the cost, that's not bad!

Installation starts in November!

Elon Musk: Model S, Model X production continues for ‘sentimental reasons’ – TechCrunch

Tesla continues to produce the Model S and Model X more for “sentimental reasons than anything else,” CEO Elon Musk said Wednesday during a call with investors, calling the electric vehicles “niche” products.

“They are really of minor importance to our future,” Musk added.

Why do i get the feeling the S/X may be a one chassis generation pony.

He was simply putting the focus on what really matters: the vehicles (3/Y/truck/semi) that will sell in the hundreds of thousands/millions of units annually (rather than the relatively small S?X sales). Tesla wont stop selling and upgrading luxury vehicles, and that couldn’t be more evident with Plaid and Roadster 2.0 coming.

Our local Reno TV station did a piece on the Gigafactory and the following statement stood out for me:

KOLO 8: Sept 2019
"We're in the final assembly of the drive unit area so we actually make all of the drive units for Model 3 and now we're making Model S and Model X units as well...it's what gives the Tesla its signature speed, acceleration, power, and torque." said Vice President of Operations, Chris Lister....The drive unit manufacturing line is 90 percent automated. "

I've been trying to explain over on SA - what this says about Tesla. Tesla would only switch the production of drive units for the Model S/X to Sparks, Nevada - another 250 miles from Fremont - if there was a compelling reason. It has to be significantly cheaper and it has to involve components already made for the Model 3. Otherwise you'd leave it alone. And, I'd wager that the process which in Nevada is 90% automated was a much lower percentage of automation in California.

Tesla found a way to make a component for the Model S/X cheaper..and followed up. This is why COGS are down.

No airbags then?

Don't need to worry about the airbag sticker if you don't have any airbags.

Roll-Safe-Think-About-It.jpg

Even as he departs he can't give it up... feel sorry for him... NOT

This sounds like his conviction is starting to crack at least a bit:

"I still believe that $TSLA is an operationally deficient company that can’t sustain profitability and its stock price is disconnected from reality. (But I may just be protecting my ego)"

Ryan Doherty on Twitter

• Funny
  • Informative
Reactions: wipster and madodel