Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A line item that says, "Funds Stolen from Orphans."
-Secret Ponzi Scheme Fund Don't Look -11twillion dollars
Personally I'm quite prepared for the "uncovering" of creative accounting by TSLAQ sleuths, which you could find in literally any large corporation's books if you look hard enough. I'm sure they will try to make it into a scandal, but I'm not convinced it would undo the new SP level that we'll settle into after truck reveal, GF4 announcement. Maybe a slight buying opportunity to load up.
True, some might find some accounting choices they don't agree with, despite independent audit being involved. Sadly some of the more unsophisticated out there might get sucked into that due to not understanding how flexible accounting rules are.

True, some might find some accounting choices they don't agree with, despite independent audit being involved. Sadly some of the more unsophisticated out there might get sucked into that due to not understanding how flexible accounting rules are.
It's similar to the accountant interviewing for a job. The manager asked what 2+2 was and the accountant answered, "What would you like it to be".

Ok, I'm not smart enough to respond to this so I will put it up for discussion here and will look forward to your responses. Many of the doubters are saying "Yeah, well wait until the 10Q is filed. Then we'll see where things REALLY are." What could be in the 10Q that would shed negative light?

Dan

The other claim I've seen floated is that Tesla made the first two quarter look bad, shifting money into third quarter to engineer a profit. So, what they are claiming is that Tesla deliberately sabotaged first and second quarters. If Q1 of 2020 doesn't manage a GAAP profit expect that to be cited as evidence that the profit is not sustainable. This is why I half expect Tesla to sandbag Q4 to push profits into Q1. Not sabotage, but just defer taking some profits to help prop up Q1. And there's nothing really wrong with that -- what matters from profitability is the big picture. All else equal, if profits are $XX over four quarters I'm less concerned with the specific distribution between quarters.

I would still be surprised if they didn't upgrade them to the new batteries and wiring within the next year or so just for manufacturing consistency and COGS reduction.
I hope not. I want them to wait and leapfrog that to a new Maxwell or much higher energy dense battery type for an all-around even better, 600-mile range Halo car that beats all but the roadster.

Edit- If that takes a couple extra years, I'm fine with that.

I'd also rather see them make a version like a small pickup or VW-van sort of thing on the same -or Model 3 or Y skate.

Last edited:
He's just trying to draw attention from investors away from their numbers, since they're not the numbers that matter. But they're most definitely not terminating them any time soon. They wouldn't be at the Nurburgring if that was the plan.

They serve an important role, which is halo cars. Model S as the lightning-fast sedan, and Model X as the robot SUV from the future.
And a new version with lower production costs , 250kw charging and 400 mile range would sell in great numbers at $70,000 as a full size taxi/limo with good gross margins.

Reactions: UncaNed and wipster

As with all Tesla-related FUD, the impact will come down to how much MM comes along for the ride.

e09174c7c7fa2941d4141d3a77cac7e0.jpg
waiting on the call. Tesla time...

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/e0/91/74/e09174c7c7fa2941d4141d3a77cac7e0.jpg

thinking positive. channeling unikitty

Ok, Ok, Overlord Musk, stop the champagne celebration, we need to begin the webcast of Solar Roof V3.

Edit: Oh, Daimler. Forgot the conversion to Pacific time. There's another hour still, making this start at my midnight.

Ok, Overlord Musk, now stop celebrating, please.

Edit: Miata Ford Skoda :mad:!