Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This sounds like his conviction is starting to crack at least a bit:

"I still believe that $TSLA is an operationally deficient company that can’t sustain profitability and its stock price is disconnected from reality. (But I may just be protecting my ego)"

Ryan Doherty on Twitter

Yeah but he ends up saying for the others to stay strong and "ride this pig to 0". The cognitive dissonance is so pathologically strong with that crowd...

Don't need to worry about the airbag sticker if you don't have any airbags.

Roll-Safe-Think-About-It.jpg
You read my mind mate!

I know so little about individual stocks that I have never owned one, but as a Tesla owner and supporter this board is amazing.

There is nothing like people who put up $ to really gather facts. That said, other than oil money and super sharp short-term traders, who in the world would short this company?

Even an amateur, let alone someone who would actually analyze an industry, would easily learn the following:

1. Basic 100 mile per day EV's are already superior to ICE cars for a huge swath of the population. The fact that most people who have never owned an EV might have "range anxiety" is not enough to overcome the fact that for vast swaths of drivers, there is no reason for any "anxiety." AND Teslas with 250, 300 and almost 400 mile ranges don't produce any "anxiety" - AND Tesla has its own friggen network of charging stations. AND the typical human can only driver 100 to 200 miles before stopping anyway, and during those stops superchargers can easily replace those miles.

2. Unless you have never owned a car before, to argue that, as a car, a Tesla is in any way less reliable than any other car is ridiculous and backed by no facts at all. Every car owner complains about service, I mean, come on. Its like purporting to be an analyst of restaurants with bars seving beer and "revealing" that after a couple of beers customers have to take a piss.

3. Analyzing demand could not be easier, try and ****ing buy one. Especially in Europe.

4. Worried about capital costs? Tesla going from three factories to four factories is like VW adding 30 factories in one year. If VW had enough demand to add 30 friggen factories I doubt anyone would be claiming VW was a loser company.

5. No other car company has integrated software into the operations of the car such that over the air updates even happen. How can anyone miss this?

6. Instead of focusing on what current Teslas cannot do in terms of FSD, take about five seconds to see what they can do.

7. Finally, unlike, say Theranos, how can you state that Tesla is a fake company when the products are literally staring you in the face? When, in the US, Tesla outsells its ICE competition BMW 3 series 5 Series, MBZ E, and whatever else -- yeah, that's some sort of accident. 300,000 buyers are actually idiots.

8. As if an electiric car is not superior in every way to a car which runs on gasoline. I mean, you have to really work at this.

I'm not sure there aren't like ten more points, I have not even gotten to the solar and powerwall parts of the business yet.

I’m surprised the stock price isn’t reacting after hours - does no one understand the revenue math behind what musk is revealing in this call?

he said well over 1000 Solar roof installs per week within a few months, and a medium term goal of 10k-20k roofs a week (500k-1 million annually).

The roof has similar ASP to a model 3, and we are talking about 10K-15k units a week in Q1 potentially., and ramping up significantly higher in 2020.

Phil Lebeau (from cnbc) on the call, asking about number of installers. Elon does not like him apparently.

I'm looking forward to the upcoming articles about how the recent 25%+ stock increase is actually a bad sign and further proof of Tesla's imminent bankruptcy.

Certainly, also articles about imminent executive departures: who are now able to cash out due to the much higher stock price, to escape this shipwreck!

(And in 5 years we'll be reading articles about Tesla's imminent downfall caused by an unstoppable exodus of its workforce, because of how stressful it is to work in a trillion dollar company.)