Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, I completely flubbed making my point. The other examples were about data collection, just having a microphone for a hands free system does not itself make for data collection. Now, with the "hey siri"... that's getting there (though you really want to use Google or Amazon as those have been publicly outed for recording, storing and perusing* the audio data).

Just a mild point that while Tesla is sending video back to the homeland it is not doing the same with audio.

* yes, its for the purpose of improving the service. Not trying to start an argument about that.
Umm... "Bug report".

I had to double check the url to make sure I wasn’t visiting Seeking Alpha. The level of FUD today is astonishing. We can dig our own hole, don’t need shorty for that.

Will we now also start freaking out about two ships full of Teslas making unscheduled stops in Jamaica and Mexico? Maybe the shipping companies could no longer be paid? Oh noes :eek:

We do need tons of sugar cane to make sugar. We eat lots and lots of sugar, it's added everywhere including milk. And our consumption went way up historically if you watch that episode of Rotten. So, eating sugar will not stop with EVs. I thought that's obvious.

It parallels the situation with corn in the USA. Yes, we eat corn *some* corn and animals eat even more, but much of it is for ethanol production for ICE. If we stop using it for ethanol, then we grow a heck of a lot less of it! In other words, yes, a lot of that agricultural burning in India can be attributed directly to being addicted to ICE's.

I don't want to hear how not *all* cane sugar is made into ethanol.
I don't want to hear whether they burn the field immediately *before* harvest or right *after* harvest.
I don't want to hear how they *could* harvest it mechanically to reduce air pollution.
I don't want to hear how *some* agricultural burning would still happen even if they transitioned entirely to EV's.

I started this by saying that EV's can't completely solve India's air pollution problem (obviously) but that it could significantly reduce air pollution as much of it is due to ICE emissions, either directly or indirectly. It's not clear what you are pushing back on. India needs to modernize and EV's are just one part of the equation.

What brought on the enormous volume at 3:30 EST?

Obviously, people who see tremendous value at $317. ;)

I love the general levity TSLA has been showing as of late. The MM's knocked it down at the open, it bounced right back. They walked it down through the middle of the day but, when it got near $317 the market said, "oh no you don't!" They try their shenanigans again and again and then are surprised when they can't take it to their planned levels.

They made one last desperate push right at the end but the monster is buoyant like an inflatable ball in a swimming pool.

I had to double check the url to make sure I wasn’t visiting Seeking Alpha. The level of FUD today is astonishing. We can dig our own hole, don’t need shorty for that.

Will we now also start freaking out about two ships full of Teslas making unscheduled stops in Jamaica and Mexico? Maybe the shipping companies could no longer be paid? Oh noes :eek:
The mood today is certainly weird. Lots of arguing too (more than usual).

I feel funny you can't even provide a refutal. Sorry but I think you are just like teslaQ, when you can't provide any logic, just ridicule the messenger.

The post you replied to was replying my post.

You claim that Tesla are throttling production to match demand, which would actually be smart if it were true. However, to the best of my knowledge, Tesla are still cell-constrained, Panasonic still haven't got their sh*t together. If you then take into account that for the last two quarterly reports, Elon has stated that the order backlog has actually increased, then it really makes no sense. If they could increase production, they would sell more cars and make more money.

Two arguments for such an idea - Tesla can't cope with more deliveries as it stands. They missed an internal target of 100k in Q3 because of logistics, not production, so producing more, at least in NA, only compounds that - will need to solve to for Q4 to make the guidance though. Also, maybe they want to smooth out Q4 and Q1 a bit - allow a backlog to develop to offset the traditionally lower Q1, this would actually also be pretty smart.

And as far as I can tell, NL and NO are begging for cars (Iceland too, of course, goes without saying), both countries could soak-up any extra production right now.

Obviously, people who see tremendous value at $317. ;)

I love the general levity TSLA has been showing as of late. The MM's knocked it down at the open, it bounced right back. They walked it down through the middle of the day but, when it got near $317 the market said, "oh no you don't!" They try their shenanigans again and again and then are surprised when they can't take it to their planned levels.

They made one last desperate push right at the end but the monster is buoyant like an inflatable ball in a swimming pool.
That was a huge spike though, almost 225K shares bought in 2 min.
Looks like it ended back in red.

The mood today is certainly weird. Lots of arguing too (more than usual).

If you go back and look at what started most arguments you will see it was like mini-FUD attacks - statements that are out of left field and not supported by rational thought. Like Model 3 was demand constrained (or they would have made a lot more of them), India's air problem is agricultural in nature, EV's won't help. Etc.

Isn't it perfectly reasonable that a new car producer in China (which does have a lot of corner-cutting "car" producers) has to produce say 100 cars on the actual production line. The inspectors will pick 10 cars by random and pick those apart to check that they can be homolocated. Hence we are still waiting for the new production line from Tesla to produce enough for the Chinese autorities to start their process.
Unless someone can find out what other producers has to go through before they can sell in China this is all hearsay.

I did not claim tsla is throtting production. They just make best use of the current capacity without adding more as previously planned. Cell capacity included.

The order backlog is increasing, but without effective FUD, q2 should at least have the current backlog.

All my point is demand growth too slow due to FUD. and some longs try to interpret it as shorts saying demand is falling. This kind of the attitude really make me think of the current political environment in US. if you do not agree with me, then you must be in the opposite group.

Delivery problem? It is due to lack of investment. Because tsla will be building much more delivery capacity or we longs all doomed.

You claim that Tesla are throttling production to match demand, which would actually be smart if it were true. However, to the best of my knowledge, Tesla are still cell-constrained, Panasonic still haven't got their sh*t together. If you then take into account that for the last two quarterly reports, Elon has stated that the order backlog has actually increased, then it really makes no sense. If they could increase production, they would sell more cars and make more money.

Two arguments for such an idea - Tesla can't cope with more deliveries as it stands. They missed an internal target of 100k in Q3 because of logistics, not production, so producing more, at least in NA, only compounds that - will need to solve to for Q4 to make the guidance though. Also, maybe they want to smooth out Q4 and Q1 a bit - allow a backlog to develop to offset the traditionally lower Q1, this would actually also be pretty smart.

And as far as I can tell, NL and NO are begging for cars (Iceland too, of course, does without saying), both countries could soak-up any extra production right now.

tesla is not doomed, albeit growing on a slower path. As an investor, i can see SP triple in maybe five years instead of *5 without effective FUD. Just like human beings are not doomed by climate change yet. But more people will suffer/die because of inaction.

Maybe just me. Every time I see bulls satisfied with the current situation and chant FUD is toothless, I feel a deep disassociation with the reality. If we do not even recognize the problem, which is FUD, how do we even provide a solution?

I think you're shooting for the moon, but you should be shooting for Mars. :p Sorry, I couldn't help myself... after seeing your SN over and over. It just kept calling out to me.

• Funny
Reactions: wipster and madodel
Thanks for exposing me as an ultra bull. You are right but i do not know how to change the username.

My long term valuation for tsla is in the 100s of trillions if in the future spaceX only provides long distance travelling to the mars and tsla taking care of all the machines building machines to colonize mars and more planets, other solar system etc.

I think you're shooting for the moon, but you should be shooting for Mars. :p

• Disagree
Reactions: StealthP3D
Umm... "Bug report".
nah, when I tried to bug report nothing happened ;)

Seriously though, that is obviously and completely opt-in for a message to Tesla. When Tesla grabs a still or a clip from a car then everyone/thing else depicted has not been asked for nor given consent.

...and I did say it was a minor point. It isn't like I took the original, clearly facetious, suggestion seriously