Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think Cybertruck is going to illustrate Elon at his finest. It will be a perfect example of first principles thinking. The opposite of Rivian who just took a standard pickup shape and made it electric. I’m sure Cybertruck will be designed to most effectively provide hauling/towing functionality with the most efficient and highest performance possible.

I am so excited for tonight. If it does deliver on the better sports car than a 911 goal, I may even get one, though I have zero need to haul or tow:)

Shingle roofs generally take 1-2 weeks to replace. That involves taking out the old, putting up the new and with the city inspector stopping by. On the low end 1 week, however, if wooden facias need replacing, then 2 weeks. Did Tesla demolish and haul away your old roof?

Composition asphalt shingles roofs can be removed and replaced in a day. My house is 2,500 sqft with 1,000 sq ft detached garage and was redone in a (long) day.

Are you referring to shakes?

Shingle roofs generally take 1-2 weeks to replace. That involves taking out the old, putting up the new and with the city inspector stopping by. On the low end 1 week, however, if wooden facias need replacing, then 2 weeks. Did Tesla demolish and haul away your old roof?
Not my roof. Just posting info from facebook group. Looks like the owners old roof was removed and that super sticky underlayment was put down first.

• Helpful
Reactions: sundaymorning
THAT LEAKED REAR IMAGE IS TROLLAGE/FAKE NEWS
Screenshot_2019-11-21-17-48-27.png

• Informative
Reactions: dandurston
Did it always say Automotive, Aircraft and Boat?
View attachment 479674
This made me think of:
Master Plan, Part Deux

Expand to Cover the Major Forms of Terrestrial Transport [Boats and airplanes are two major forms of terrestrial transport]

Today, Tesla addresses two relatively small segments of premium sedans and SUVs. With the Model 3, a future compact SUV and a new kind of pickup truck, we plan to address most of the consumer market. A lower cost vehicle than the Model 3 is unlikely to be necessary, because of the third part of the plan described below.

What really matters to accelerate a sustainable future is being able to scale up production volume as quickly as possible. That is why Tesla engineering has transitioned to focus heavily on designing the machine that makes the machine -- turning the factory itself into a product. A first principles physics analysis of automotive production suggests that somewhere between a 5 to 10 fold improvement is achievable by version 3 on a roughly 2 year iteration cycle. The first Model 3 factory machine should be thought of as version 0.5, with version 1.0 probably in 2018.

In addition to consumer vehicles, there are two other types of electric vehicle needed: heavy-duty trucks and high passenger-density urban transport. Both are in the early stages of development at Tesla and should be ready for unveiling next year.

High passenger density urban transport? Is that the Model Y? Or was this a Tesla minibus robotaxi they were planning to unveil? Note that the post was from 2016, Model Y was revealed in 2019.

I just took these screenshots 2 mins ago. One tweet is from 3 days ago, the other is from 5 hours ago :) What makes this even funnier is that Ford’s tweet probably got half of its likes because Elon replied to it....

upload_2019-11-21_20-52-6.png
upload_2019-11-21_20-52-59.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-11-21_20-52-6.jpeg
    upload_2019-11-21_20-52-6.jpeg
    199.7 KB · Views: 44
  • upload_2019-11-21_20-52-59.jpeg
    upload_2019-11-21_20-52-59.jpeg
    121 KB · Views: 38
All the Detroit brands have special edition pickup exclusively for Texas.

The Tesla version should be called the "Canyonero."

Seriously, someone that Musk follows should tweet him.

Elon would find this very funny.
Always my favorite favorite

Some say he's Chanos's mouthpiece. I have no idea.
Charley Grant on Twitter
I couldn't in good faith not mark this "funny" anything with charlie just makes me chuckle....

Not my field. Could you elabourate? Also, when you say "most", do you mean "most species of pine", or "most trees within a pine stand, with only some small fraction being suitable"?

I was thinking today of using that forest wood as part of the factory build. Wood is an amazing building material using modern techniques...

Good ol' north Idaho guy here. Glad to see my state represent! Round here folks like 'Merica, guns and freedom.. also driving around in real wilderness is something most of us actually do. super stoked for cybertruck, it will be a while before I can buy one, as i have many more miles to enjoy in our model S first...,, as an investor, there are so many ways this will be strewn in the media, but the fact is the thing will be a total tank, and prob be the first mars rover.... Earth rover -- but it sure could use a "canyonero" mode..... hopefully we hear more about starlink, and juicy new battery info... Have fun tonight!

• Love
Reactions: SpaceCash
I've been burned so many times by not selling any TSLA prior to reveals or earnings reports... this time I vowed to sell half my position in order to pick it up after it has fallen a bit tomorrow!!! When it came down to the end of the trading day... I was busy and forgot :) So I'm still all in!!! Eventually it will be higher. The day it reaches/passes $420 will be satisfying.

With only 2hrs to go, my almost pointless thoughts for the Cybertrk:

It's a cab over truck, which gives a high seating position despite a low floor when on regular roads. Adjustable suspension gives it an amazing high seating position when used for off-road, and low load height when parked. What is the cab sitting over? A load floor that spans the entire length of the truck. Maybe... 10ft. total load length or more? There's a front door as well as a conventional bed out back. An optional cover for the truck will give it better aerodynamics. This will allow the Cybertrk to be shorter than the F-150 but have a longer load floor.

The bed is not pressurised, but the cab is, and as with other Tesla vehicles, the battery+drivetrain are waterproof. Thus the Cybertruk can drive for long periods in deep water e.g. if your city has flooded. If you want to go into a lake... go for it. At your own risk. That amazing light bar across the front is for illumination in water.

There are electrical and compressed air outlets.

The bed behind the cab is a standard 6ft. size/shape in order to allow for covers and other standard industry accessories.

Will Tesla go crazy and offer those new all-rubber tires that have no air in them? Unsure.

I believe this can be sold in a stripper configuration for $49,000, perhaps without the extreme suspension and water sealed cab.

An extreme towing package will come with beefier brakes as well as wheels etc.

The reveal could be to raise the vehicle out of a swimming pool deep enough to submerge it. In other words it looks like there's nothing in the pool. Then the headlights get switched on and a platform raises the truck up, and it drives down a ramp to be presented.

Alternative small detail - Elon uses Smart Summon to bring it on stage - or, it is under the water of the swimming pool and when it is raised up, Elon uses Smart Summon to bring it down the ramp - there is no driver in it.

I am guessing a top speed of 130mph at most, maybe even lower like 120mph. Acceleration will be awesome though. Maybe it will be quarter-mile-limited i.e. already hitting its top speed before it has driven a quarter mile!!!

There may be a central driving seat, just like the Semi. I don't think there will be a 4-door version.