Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon Musk on Twitter

upload_2019-11-22_14-38-54.png

Remember people made fun of "phablets" and the name "iPad" and the Model 3's minimalist interior at first. These types of polarizing designs/decisions will always be controversial but if it's well thought out which Franz's designs have been so far it will be accepted and normal after people get a chance to process it. It's the same thing as the Model X's front end when it first came out. Now it's normal, even cool.

It's almost worth the $100 to have it staring back at you in your Tesla account.

Whelp, I added a small number of trading shares at $341 in premarket to play the [hopefully] inevitable recovery, though I'm prepared for more pain first. Regardless of thoughts on the looks, stainless steel, etc, the implications for Tesla's core powertrain costs are incredibly impressive.
My wife's response to the reservation was "it's mine, right?"

Ooooo... look whose having a midlife crisis now :eek:

Like many others, I hated it at first sight. This morning I reserved the AWD w/ FSD. I still hope they flatten out the point in the roof before the design is final.

Im buying more shares this morning. The specs are a big hint at the new battery tech. Cant wait for battery investor day!
I also went FSD. At first I was going to skip it on a vehicle like this. Then I caved. I figure that it shouldn't increase the price if I decide to drop it and being able to summon will actually be handy.

Let's say you go out to some remote place, park and then hike. If you take a fall and are injured the ability to have the truck come to your location and drive you to a hospital is pretty neat. You'd still have to be able to function enough to get in, but there's a big difference between just levering yourself up into the truck and having to do that and everything else.

Sure, current FSD capabilities aren't that good, but two years from now?

Stock fall is obviously not surprising. People though tesla was going for a 500k+ a year model and yet they went niche with as polarizing a design as possible.

people mostly hate the design, it’s become a meme joke and is hurting the brand.
$40k-$70k is not niche. $120k Rivian is niche. They will sell every one they can make. This drop is a gift, because the real driver for the next 2 years is solar and GF3, and those things just got overlooked by some broken glass that no other truck would have withstood anyway. You can bet now the real thing will be even better than what Elon thought was there.