Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Selling set of 8 Cybertruck keys. $12

Attachments

• Balls.jpg
    Balls.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 50
View attachment 480013

This truck is from the military lineup of the future. Love it, just love it; and I’m not a truck guy (far from it) but I want one badly now. Especially when taking road trips, having that 9mm bullet proof exoskeleton gives me a peace of mind. While Tesla didn’t hit it out of the park by conforming to everyone else’s taste of what a traditional truck should be like, they won’t have to compete with other truck companies for the same traditional buyers. This truck just looks bad@55, if you fell in love with it like it did, you won’t even think about touching another traditional truck.

Really, just compare the two trucks in the image and tell me which is better. One looks like a Lamborghini for $40k and the other looks like a classic car from looney toons.

Have to agree. The Cybertruck looks best when it is next to a more conventional pickup truck. Sorry they just be ugly. The Ford just looks plain, ordinary and ugly compared to the Tesla. Sure it isnt what you expect to see when you think of a pickup, but in the end I think that is good.

As you can probably tell, I love it just as it comes, but it will be very interesting to see what wrapped CyberTrucks look like... a little color might go a long way towards changing your perception.

Man, if you drove that thing around Kennewick, WA, you would have people chasing you down to get a better look/ask questions and worship you.

Bonus points if you really look like this:

Definitely wishful thinking on my part but would amazing if Tesla/Elon thought this exact scenario would happen with a Wall St reaction and then have news planned for Sunday night or Monday(news meaning something important to Wall St like production numbers/updates, etc..)

Edit: Wouldn't matter much anyways. I expect us to start rising due to anticipation of Q4 numbers about 2 weeks into Dec.

Man, if you drove that thing around Kennewick, WA, you would have people chasing you down to get a better look/ask questions and worship you.

Bonus points if you really look like this:
A) You are correct sir!
B) Even though my name is Roy, there is only one ROY... even if I am wearing Wayfairers...

Okay, this is a call out to any short that is listening: I have some spare change in my account, but it isn't enough to even pick up a single share. I want to see some heavy shorting of the stock because, well, I'd like to add one more share. But I'm not expecting you to do all of the work, so here are the #TSLAQ talking points to use with your peers to get a nice short slide going:

• the cybertruck is a weird mobile that literally no one wants. All of the screencaps of orders are obviously photoshopped and they had to use a public domain owl model and couldn't afford any texture maps. Its all fake, no orders have been placed.
  • Tesla can't make the truck, its all a fraud. This is clearly demonstrated by the wishful thinking pricing. The starting price of $40k would have to have $45k of battery to get the claimed range, and that isn't counting the rest of the vehicle's cost
  • they couldn't even afford a decent mockup to put on stage, all they did was put some sheet metal on a frame and used poor lighting to cover this up. The "acceleration" was from driving the putt-putt up onto the spot where they have a chain. It linked up and a powerful real diesel motor yanked them forward. Notice they didn't go fast on the return trip. That's because the Tesla cult members were flintstoning the truck and pulling the chain back for the next run.
  • they don't actually have any transparent aluminum, that's all just a lie, and the windows were made of glass. You getting to see that was a glitch in the matrix
oops, I think i may have said too much

What you gonna do with 5 trucks :)
Think robotaxis peeps:

Haul six people plus baggage or packages (for different customers possibly)
Robust in the face off hard usage
Squats down to ease entry for the infirm
Bulletproof for safety at stop signs in dangerous hoods

The market isn’t grokking the implications yet, obviously.

That and the fact that Musk giggled like a schoolboy when the first window broke and *again* when the second window broke. To think *both* broken windows were accidents is to suspend all rational thought.

Add in the fact that they had spare glass for both windows, on site, and fixed them within ~30 minutes by the time the test drives began.

So I too was wondering whether the breaking of the windows was intentional - but unlike you I'm not 100% certain.

Edit: body language strongly suggests that they didn't expect it.

Last edited:
What's bizarre is believing that they didn't know both windows would break from a ball bearing.

No, what's bizarre is believing this was planned, and that Elon's nervous laughter meant he enjoyed it. Everyone can see this did not go as planned and took the wind out of the whole presentation when it happened. You don't go through all that trouble of hammering the side of the door, dropping various balls from increasing heights, to then smash two windows and make the emphasis on durability and ruggedness look ridiculous.

Add in the fact that they had spare glass for both windows, on site, and fixed them within ~30 minutes by the time the test drives began.

So I too was wondering whether the breaking of the windows was international - but unlike you I'm not 100% certain.
Well, I guess Musk is South African and the smashing was done in the USA... :eek:

(more seriously, I have a hard time believing he knew that it was going to happen. I wrote a longer post about it, but decided to spare everyone. At the least they were prepared for the eventuality of breaking. In the end, does it matter?)

So I too was wondering whether the breaking of the windows was international - but unlike you I'm not 100% certain.
Someone there said it caused an hour delay. Either way, a 30-60 minute delay in giving test rides to the hundreds of people there was definitely not planned. Come on people...

Not much but I picked up 8 more shares this morning. I'm already up $25 smackers. :cool: And to think a few people were saying things like "I'm considering selling all my tesla stock". Bruh. Tesla just released a truck that is 40% cheaper spec for spec than the EV competition.

My next question is...if you can sell me a truck that can tow 15k and hit 10.8 seconds for 69k, can you build me a new performance 3 as well? 10.5 would be good, 400 miles of range is fine, and sell it to me for 60k please?

Think robotaxis peeps:

Haul six people plus baggage or packages (for different customers possibly)
Robust in the face off hard usage
Squats down to ease entry for the infirm
Bulletproof for safety at stop signs in dangerous hoods

The market isn’t grokking the implications yet, obviously.
I actually had not even considered robotaxi implications. It would make an amazing Airport hauler or going out on the town with 2 couples limo type deal.