Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
people on this forum don’t bash you for saying negative things about tesla. They bash you getting facts dead wrong, and then crying like a baby over disagrees.
FWIW Some people on this forum don't have to deal with dead wrong factoids, nor with crying. We just have to wade through members talking to ghosts, a slowly-declining number as more of said members join us.

Edit: @elasalle said it firsthttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/members/elasalle.42738/

GM and LG JV on Ohio battery factory reported on CNBC moments ago, with GM and LG CEO giving shorts hope, pushing SP down. Just happened so no video yet unless watched live.
Also of note: LG CEO did not answer a direct question as to when they would be able to drive battery costs down low enough to make an EV cost comparable to ICE. My read: when will you catch up to Tesla on price.

people on this forum don’t bash you for saying negative things about tesla. They bash you getting facts dead wrong, and then crying like a baby over disagrees.

I pointed out that 10 manufacturers scored better than Tesla in one category - that is a verifiable fact. It would take you 20 seconds to count them yourself instead of calling it "dead wrong' - because you don't LIKE that fact.

And those were not my "facts" - they were from the organization that tested the cars. I simply commented on their test results and wanted to get others feedback on what that category was exactly, and others' thoughts on why Tesla had scored low compared to many other manufacturers. Because you don't LIKE the results of the test, you have to find some way to bash the person delivering the information as a way of discrediting the info. I also stated that I wish the organization would give more details on the test categories so we could understand WHY the other manufacturers scored better. Why would we all come here just to discuss the feel good stuff about Tesla? Discussing the results of that test and ignoring the negatives is NO DIFFERENT than what the TSLAQ folks do (oppositely of course).

BTW - learn to distinguish the difference between facts and opinions. Maybe for you, I need to start putting /f and /o or some other designation. I pasted the screenshot in - that was the facts. Then I pointed out the relevant piece of information from the screenshot that I was interested in (the purple category where 10 manufacturers scored better than Tesla), and THEN I made MY comment on it - which I fully accept could be misguided and WRONG - which is the precise reason we have a forum!! - to have a discussion. I'm not here to have a circle j***, but to have a discussion, gather information, and LEARN.

GM and LG JV on Ohio battery factory reported on CNBC moments ago, with GM and LG CEO giving shorts hope, pushing SP down. Just happened so no video yet unless watched live.
Love his. Again gm following tesla lead. Partner with battery company to build a mini giga factory. Points out the lead tesla continues to have. Not going to look back but by my memory tesla announced giga factory about 5 years ago. At the time tesla sales were higher than gm electric sales now, guess that’s why they are not committing as much money to it than tesla did.

Also of note: LG CEO did not answer a direct question as to when they would be able to drive battery costs down low enough to make an EV cost comparable to ICE. My read: when will you catch up to Tesla on price.

Looks like they are waiting for Tesla battery Day to begin construction in Mid-2020.
If Tesla battery is going to be superior in efficiency and production costs - maybe Tesla should just delay/cancel battery day ..... keep competition guessing .....

As a reminder about the typical cost breakdown of manufacturing:

EA4GCKGXYAAG-HX

That's from a cost basis; from an energy basis, it's even more dramatic. Vacuum drying and solvent recovery make up the majority of the total energy used in producing li-ion batteries.

I pointed out that 10 manufacturers scored better than Tesla in one category - that is a verifiable fact. It would take you 20 seconds to count them yourself instead of calling it "dead wrong' - because you don't LIKE that fact.

And those were not my "facts" - they were from the organization that tested the cars. I simply commented on their test results and wanted to get others feedback on what that category was exactly, and others' thoughts on why Tesla had scored low compared to many other manufacturers. Because you don't LIKE the results of the test, you have to find some way to bash the person delivering the information as a way of discrediting the info. I also stated that I wish the organization would give more details on the test categories so we could understand WHY the other manufacturers scored better. Why would we all come here just to discuss the feel good stuff about Tesla? Discussing the results of that test and ignoring the negatives is NO DIFFERENT than what the TSLAQ folks do (oppositely of course).

BTW - learn to distinguish the difference between facts and opinions. Maybe for you, I need to start putting /f and /o or some other designation. I pasted the screenshot in - that was the facts. Then I pointed out the relevant piece of information from the screenshot that I was interested in (the purple category where 10 manufacturers scored better than Tesla), and THEN I made MY comment on it - which I fully accept could be misguided and WRONG - which is the precise reason we have a forum!! - to have a discussion. I'm not here to have a circle j***, but to have a discussion, gather information, and LEARN.

It has been explained 10 times to you. the test where Tesla is not on top is where the car hits pedestrian and his head gets injuries. You were thinking that it is something to do with safety assistant system. I made a circle around the car, red squares are where pedestrian gets hurt if he gets hit by the car (eg. if you have switched off assistant systems in your car or if assistant malfunction). I also underlined explanation from NCAP comment. Maybe you will finally understand why people disagree with you, hopefully.

Didn’t you hear experts on Twitter saying Tesla is using obsolete Li-ion technology?
The future is solid state, or fuel cell, or zinc-air, or whatever...
/s

It may very well be true that Tesla is using obsolete battery technology - but, it is Tesla who has the new battery technology (and holding it in their back pocket). Who knows. It's just like with the rumored 120 kWh battery pack from a couple of years ago. Did/Does that battery pack exist? Maybe, maybe not. But WHY would Tesla play their cards to get further ahead of the competition when they are already so far ahead? What would be gained? Just let the others spend a ton of money to catch up - and then release any new technology and put the competition back in a hole and force them to spend tons more money. And while they are catching up, Tesla is again not sitting on their hands - they can play this game for a VERY long time.

And this strategy works VERY well for the goal of transitioning to sustainable energy. If Tesla did not FORCE the other manufacturers to develop and build compelling EVs, they would simply build compliance level cars that very few would buy. So, ultimately, Tesla wins, we win, and Elon accomplishes his mission.

I love that the CNBC interview of LG & GM CEOs quickly turned into an exercise in morning for anti-Tesla quotes.

Highlight: Construction of the plant is expected to begin in mid-2020.
Translation: GM will invest with LG a combined 2018 Tesla scale investment to be online by 2026-2028.
Result: This will likely never be built. Tesla will have spent well over 20 billion by 2026 building capacity with partners or alone. The scale and cost savings from Tesla's head start, already significant, will be overwhelming.

So essentially, what they're saying is, "Tesla does a great job of not hitting pedestrians. But, when they do, their cars are not designed well to protect the pedestrian from injuries"?

basically Yes,
but you cannot say - not designed well, because it gets still 5-star rating, and better than many many other cars on the market.